For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby nickjr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:51 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about the rant threads. Those got really nasty OTL

You made me go and google "price gouging" LOL Dang. I think I'll just casually start using that term now and see if anyone picks it up. (Probably won't happen since I don't participate in trade discussions much anymore)
Was your pet adopted December 18, any year, or December 24, 2011? It is most likely an older pet! CLICK ME to identify your pet!

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very busy IRL
I have intentionally turned off signatures and PMs

Banner by Moonflight Image Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DisabledLlama » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:54 am

That whole price gouging thing is so true. I remember like, 2 years ago is when the crazy asking price for a BA or BMD skyrocketed (more than likely due to VR hoarding).
Then I disappeared for a bit due to work taking all my time, have come back while I'm on leave, and the prices are still stupid crazy.

I saw an auction for BMD that had someone offering a Green Toxic... and it's not even considered for an auto-win. wth? If I wasn't super attached to mine, I might consider auctioning some of them.
♥ BUNBLEBEE ♥
My CharactersTumblrDeviantART
Flight Rising
Image Image
d5e8Nv5
DisabledLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lancelotl » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:04 am

DisabledLlama wrote:That whole price gouging thing is so true. I remember like, 2 years ago is when the crazy asking price for a BA or BMD skyrocketed (more than likely due to VR hoarding).
Then I disappeared for a bit due to work taking all my time, have come back while I'm on leave, and the prices are still stupid crazy.

I saw an auction for BMD that had someone offering a Green Toxic... and it's not even considered for an auto-win. wth? If I wasn't super attached to mine, I might consider auctioning some of them.

I KNOW I ve been gone for 2 years and its all gone down the drain. To be fair the Black Advent has always had stupid high demand for some reason, but i definitely dont remember the BMDS going for so much back in the day.

Also the Rant threads arent a thing anymore? Oh man....those were the days. It is so weird to recall chickensmoothie drama.. :lol:
lance ♥ march 29 ♥ they/them ♥ #1 BMD fan ❤ Moon Royalty ♥ i like space and dogs ♥ gift mi cielo por favor y gracias
I'm looking to isolate me, terra incognita, baby!

Image pach squadImage
lancelotl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DisabledLlama » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:11 am

lancelotl wrote:
DisabledLlama wrote:That whole price gouging thing is so true. I remember like, 2 years ago is when the crazy asking price for a BA or BMD skyrocketed (more than likely due to VR hoarding).

I KNOW I ve been gone for 2 years and its all gone down the drain. To be fair the Black Advent has always had stupid high demand for some reason, but i definitely dont remember the BMDS going for so much back in the day.

Also the Rant threads arent a thing anymore? Oh man....those were the days. It is so weird to recall chickensmoothie drama.. :lol:

Oh god the drama... I'm not sure if drama still happens like it used to. Anyone remember the FTT xat chat? sigh those were the days. I used to know rarities and fair trade stuff pretty well back then...
♥ BUNBLEBEE ♥
My CharactersTumblrDeviantART
Flight Rising
Image Image
d5e8Nv5
DisabledLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lancelotl » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:27 am

i thought i hallucinated the FTT Xat im incredibly glad someone else remembers that...that...was actually a lot of fun 😂 #xatsquad4lyfe
i cannot believe there was one point in my life when i struggled to learn the rarities and pets and know the inner workings of the site so well because i wanted to be popular...on an adoptable pixel pet website...sigh.
oh also speaking of demand i remember the August Lion PPS....GOD i saw one of them going for list pets back in the day, i used to think that was crazy! aaaand then again today i took a casual stroll through the auction threads and saw an UR Cinnabun being auto'd by..a raven dog....*chants* price gougiiiing
lance ♥ march 29 ♥ they/them ♥ #1 BMD fan ❤ Moon Royalty ♥ i like space and dogs ♥ gift mi cielo por favor y gracias

Image pach squadImage
lancelotl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:07 am

Demand always increases because more users join and want to try for that fabled "complete collection".
Heck even I gave up on the idea that I could maintain one after successfully doing so for three years.
So many pets get released each month and the more litters that are released, the easier it is to miss outcomes.

When users decide to quit, they more than likely just stop logging in rather than donating pets to the pound in case they ever come back.

I will say, I'm always surprised and amazed when I see people gifting for no other reason than to help out.
Click Here to see how many pets are on CS.

ImageImageImageImage<-Looking for these! $4 or trade.
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Sterek♥ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:31 am

The rant thread isnt a thing anymore!! Thats one of the biggest things I remember from back in the days before my hiatus..

CS rare list can basically be thrown away and maybe we should start making a demand list, putting the cerberusses around UR tigers and take all rats of the list xD maybe add zodiacs and shima longtail to the insane demand list as well...
    Add me on animal crossing pocket camp! ID: 0202 6421 954 username: xkussenno
♥Sterek♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lancelotl » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:50 am

♥Sterek♥ wrote:The rant thread isnt a thing anymore!! Thats one of the biggest things I remember from back in the days before my hiatus..

CS rare list can basically be thrown away and maybe we should start making a demand list, putting the cerberusses around UR tigers and take all rats of the list xD maybe add zodiacs and shima longtail to the insane demand list as well...

wait...zodiacs are..in demand now??? and what even are the shimas going for nowadays? man im old

Image pach squadImage
lancelotl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:53 am

This was nearly 6 years ago...I don't remember Shima's being so valuable???

I've been trying to track down the PPS Club thread. Does anybody remember it? :')

I agree about how the influx of new members has affected the value of pets. I always cry a little inside though when I look at old trading partners who haven't been on in YEARS and they have so many good pets just...sitting there...

Somebody did try to revive the Rant thread, but was quickly taken down xD You might have to make a tumblr blog for such things aha~
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Sterek♥ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:48 am

lancelotl wrote:
♥Sterek♥ wrote:The rant thread isnt a thing anymore!! Thats one of the biggest things I remember from back in the days before my hiatus..

wait...zodiacs are..in demand now??? and what even are the shimas going for nowadays? man im old

Omy you dont know the crazy things ive seen. Ive seen a line tribal for a full 12 zodiac set. Ive seen an UR flower for the zodiac set! Ive seen offers of several 09 rares for 1 zodiac.. IDGI!! same for the shima and the pps lion I think they go for like mid advents at least.
    Add me on animal crossing pocket camp! ID: 0202 6421 954 username: xkussenno
♥Sterek♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Return to Chicken Smoothie Discussion