For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby 'Possum » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:26 am

I liked equimagine's original horses. And I liked the pony and horse foals.
I didn't originally like the pony lined much but the updated equimagine ponies were cute as a button.

I miss the old ponies or though. Original and update. And I still miss the original horses. They may have been awkwardly drawn UT I liked their cartoonish feel.

Oh well... That's all ancient history now. And I adore the new zebras
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Sterek♥ » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:32 am

Okay so I am finally sorting all my pets and just got to 2011.. and I found this:

I Dressed this pet up 7 years ago xD I also used to name them all with lil symbols and everything.. Makes me sorta cherish the add name button for groups xD
♥Sterek♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:13 am

nickjr wrote:Totally unimportant random fun facts that have absolutely no bearing on anything:

I was going through my pets and I came across this guy in this group. It's Fiery Gatoh's 2009 staff pet.

Original adoption on November 2 with an initial name of "FieGatDesLon". My other staff pet original adoptions were on November 1 with initial names of "CrazyStaffCollab". (I... uh... kinda gave my pets "last names" that were just very squished and truncated English words and proper nouns put together. LOL) What's up with those discrepancies?

Took a while for it to click... I think "FieGatDesLon" came from "Fiery Gatoh design lone". I vaguely remembered that Fiery Gatoh's outcome in 2009 was released separately and delayed because Tess forgot to include it. So I went hunting and yep my memory didn't fail me! (do I link the thread... nah lol the steps I took: advanced search > "november" first posts only in CS discussion > november 2009 discussion thread > search in thread for "fiery")

Why do I still remember things like this (albeit with prompting)

The other interesting thing is that the adoption limit was 1 for Fiery's outcome. Adoption limit on the main litter (10 outcomes since Fiery's was forgotten) was 14. Rereleases have probably fixed the imbalance by now :lol:

Similar to what happened last St. Patrick's Day where they forgot to include Nick's golden chicken with the others, so the golden chicken was added later and adoptable separately

Man, I'd completely forgotten about that! I can't believe that was 8 years ago...
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 am

It is really weird to see what seems to be the next generation of CS users even though I don't think one generation has passed, however you define generation. It really feels like I'm looking at the next generation when I look at posts made today.

I feel old and I'm really not that old LOL
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:17 am

nickjr wrote:It is really weird to see what seems to be the next generation of CS users even though I don't think one generation has passed, however you define generation. It really feels like I'm looking at the next generation when I look at posts made today.

Aha same.
Like, even profiles, new users have newer interests and have a different way of presenting themselves sometimes. I feel like a grandma being handed an iphone, not sure not to "connect with the cool kids" of this new generation pfft

I posted like a maniac when I got back from my hiatus to bury my past posts ehehe....Oh gooood why past me why

Sometimes...I feel like an outsider??? So many new functions, this new obsession with Lists, and dang is it just me or has the population here skyrocketed? It's amazing, really amazing! I wonder though if anybody else feels rather disconnected from the community like I sometimes feel :')

^^ me
she/her / adult / artist
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:27 am

Skiv wrote:
nickjr wrote:It is really weird to see what seems to be the next generation of CS users even though I don't think one generation has passed, however you define generation. It really feels like I'm looking at the next generation when I look at posts made today.

Aha same.
Like, even profiles, new users have newer interests and have a different way of presenting themselves sometimes. I feel like a grandma being handed an iphone, not sure not to "connect with the cool kids" of this new generation pfft

I posted like a maniac when I got back from my hiatus to bury my past posts ehehe....Oh gooood why past me why

Sometimes...I feel like an outsider??? So many new functions, this new obsession with Lists, and dang is it just me or has the population here skyrocketed? It's amazing, really amazing! I wonder though if anybody else feels rather disconnected from the community like I sometimes feel :')

^^ me

AHHHH im yelling that is literally how i feel. And I think "new generation" is an accurate way to name it. I mean, most users now are at the age i was when i joined, so i feel like there really is a generational gap.This obsession with the list, with certain pets and with "demand" certainly wasn't as poignant back then ;;

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mountain tree » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:58 pm

lancelotl wrote:
Skiv wrote:

Aha same.

^^ me

AHHHH im yelling that is literally how i feel. And I think "new generation" is an accurate way to name it. I mean, most users now are at the age i was when i joined, so i feel like there really is a generational gap.This obsession with the list, with certain pets and with "demand" certainly wasn't as poignant back then ;;

same. I feel disconnected, definitely. remember when C$ was a tiny close community?
    now it's so many people (which is good! just overwhelming sometimes) and that has simultaneously fueled demand. a LOT.
    Sometimes I miss the site that this was when I first joined, but that being said, I'd be the first to admit that I don't like change.
    ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    hi.
    ♀ | isfj | ♊
    sis cous syn fr trade
    seeking store pets & malk smileys
    & wishlist items please c:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
    “Some believe it is only great power
    that can hold evil in check, but that is
    not what I have found.
    It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk
    that keep the darkness at bay.
    Small acts of kindness and love."

Gandalf the Grey
mountain tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy Figs » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:17 pm

Oh my god I was just looking through my old trades, and wow...this used to be fair...
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... id=3430383
Whoooooops

Every Dog PPS in the game achieved 7/3/18!
Galaxy Figs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Apple of Awesomeness wrote:Oh my god I was just looking through my old trades, and wow...this used to be fair...
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... id=3430383
Whoooooops

Can't view the trade, but I'm sure it would make us all cry :')
I still cry over my traded Shima's hahaaaaaaa
she/her / adult / artist
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:04 pm

lancelotl wrote:
Skiv wrote:

Aha same.

^^ me

mountain tree wrote:
    same. I feel disconnected, definitely. remember when C$ was a tiny close community?
    now it's so many people (which is good! just overwhelming sometimes) and that has simultaneously fueled demand. a LOT.
    Sometimes I miss the site that this was when I first joined, but that being said, I'd be the first to admit that I don't like change.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels disconnected. I'm nowhere near as active u trading and on the forums as I used to be. I keep going to send trades... Then I read through people's rules and group labeling systems and I just wander away.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me