Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
17%
Yes, sometimes.
53%
No.
14%
No, I never have success.
3%
I haven’t tried it.
14%

Total votes : 1145

Re: Collection Discussion Thread V.1 *Newer Poll!*

Postby Minimanta » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:16 am

Julia wrote:What do you guys think about true dates? Do you prefer them in your collection?

I receive a couple of trades every month with people asking for date swaps.

Honestly, I don't care about the dates beneath the pet. But (!) I never swap them for "false dates" because I have experienced many times that newer users are confused when I tell them that the pet was originally released in 2008 and not 2014.

So, I don't care about them, but I don't do swaps because I am lazy and I find it easier to trade true dates, esp to newer users.

I honestly don't know how to feel about true-dates.

Because on one hand I don't really care about dates at all when it comes to a full collection. A sunjewel's a sunjewel regardless of the little numbers beneath it.
A true date is just for bragging rights and nothing else, the way I see it.

But on the other hand, I am happy about the true-dates I do have (which is a lot if not most, considering I completed my collection for the first time years ago when it was easier to find true-dates). Because it is strangely nice to have them with the proper date under them, even if they're nothing but mere numbers. And I definitely do regret swapping my true-date sunjewel away for a rerelease, just to be able to complete my collection (Got a couple of valuable pets basicly for free in that trade because of the date swap). Because... It is nice to have that bragging right. To have true-date 08 pets.

...It's.. It's complicated.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:56 am

I only need one more pony before my pony collection is finally complete. After that I think I'm going to focus more fully on horses. My problem is I tried to do ponies, horses, bats, and malk foxes all at the same time and I just got pulled in too many directions.
Currently collecting PPS dogs.
Music makes you braver.
Syn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Thanks to an off site trade I finally have the last one I needed for a complete Guinea Pig collection :D

Julia wrote:What do you guys think about true dates? Do you prefer them in your collection?

I receive a couple of trades every month with people asking for date swaps.

Honestly, I don't care about the dates beneath the pet. But (!) I never swap them for "false dates" because I have experienced many times that newer users are confused when I tell them that the pet was originally released in 2008 and not 2014.

So, I don't care about them, but I don't do swaps because I am lazy and I find it easier to trade true dates, esp to newer users.

Personally I don't care about true dates, it's the pet itself I care about, but I do quite resent when people ask for date swaps without offering any compensation as I know for others true date is important & considered more valuable, to the extent some refuse to trade for re-releases.

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yammie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:12 am

Syn wrote:I only need one more pony before my pony collection is finally complete. After that I think I'm going to focus more fully on horses. My problem is I tried to do ponies, horses, bats, and malk foxes all at the same time and I just got pulled in too many directions.

I feel you, i didn't even divide by species or date or anything and am just blindly trying to trade for everything D: maybe i'll start with smaller species, or go by year? I wanted to get all 2017 pets first but i feel like then the older pets will just get older and be even harder to trade for later.... and if I start in the middle at like 2013 I feel sad about missing so many 2017 pets :o the struggles of wanting a full collection
Yammie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:25 am

HYammie wrote:
Syn wrote:I only need one more pony before my pony collection is finally complete. After that I think I'm going to focus more fully on horses. My problem is I tried to do ponies, horses, bats, and malk foxes all at the same time and I just got pulled in too many directions.

I feel you, i didn't even divide by species or date or anything and am just blindly trying to trade for everything D: maybe i'll start with smaller species, or go by year? I wanted to get all 2017 pets first but i feel like then the older pets will just get older and be even harder to trade for later.... and if I start in the middle at like 2013 I feel sad about missing so many 2017 pets :o the struggles of wanting a full collection

It's hard to know which way to go. Personally I try to collect recent pets as they come out & older pets in between as I've found it can be strangely difficult to trade for recent pets once they are not the current month.

I have been striving since I joined for a complete pet collection but left the low demand pets like rats & Nicks off my WL so that people didn't only offer me those. I had my WL down to mostly list pets & trading was getting very slow so decided today to add the rats, horses, ponies & Nicks that I'm missing to my WL, bringing my WL up to 10 pages. Like most of CS I'm not a huge fan of rats, I just want them to complete my collection, so I kind of expected people to be happy that someone wanted their unwanted rats. So far though all I'm getting is 1:1 trades offering their rats for my higher demand species so I might end up taking them off again & just leave collecting rats until the rest of my collection is complete. Still pretty exciting to see I only have 10 pages left though

Looking for WL trades!

lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:07 am

LissaJo wrote:every time I buy C$, I try to 'complete' a C$ store item collection - so I will buy all of a certain type of clothes or wigs.. Ive found it doesnt hurt as bad to buy 10 wigs and spend 50C$ or so at a time every month or 2 when I buy more C$ lol

the reason I struggle so much with C$ store items is I can't buy my own C$ due to the country I live in! So I either have to trade for the items from other people (which is hard since most people buy C$ items to put them on pets... not to trade them) or try to trade for other people's C$, which wouldn't be very hard if I had a decent amount of rare fodder... which yeah I don't

kind of stuck in a weird loop. I'm feeling I should probably get into offsite trading or I don't have a chance to complete this collection
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LissaJo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:13 am

Vixey wrote:
LissaJo wrote:every time I buy C$, I try to 'complete' a C$ store item collection - so I will buy all of a certain type of clothes or wigs.. Ive found it doesnt hurt as bad to buy 10 wigs and spend 50C$ or so at a time every month or 2 when I buy more C$ lol

the reason I struggle so much with C$ store items is I can't buy my own C$ due to the country I live in! So I either have to trade for the items from other people (which is hard since most people buy C$ items to put them on pets... not to trade them) or try to trade for other people's C$, which wouldn't be very hard if I had a decent amount of rare fodder... which yeah I don't

kind of stuck in a weird loop. I'm feeling I should probably get into offsite trading or I don't have a chance to complete this collection

honestly I have found that FR is a great way to get into trading.. you dont have to buy the premium currency.. if you have time to play for an hour or more a day, you can easily earn treasure & trade it for gems (even though people are usually happy to trade for treasure too) and there is usually almost always people willing to trade their C$ for FR currency
LissaJo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syn » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:34 am

lil rascal wrote:I have been striving since I joined for a complete pet collection but left the low demand pets like rats & Nicks off my WL so that people didn't only offer me those. I had my WL down to mostly list pets & trading was getting very slow so decided today to add the rats, horses, ponies & Nicks that I'm missing to my WL, bringing my WL up to 10 pages. Like most of CS I'm not a huge fan of rats, I just want them to complete my collection, so I kind of expected people to be happy that someone wanted their unwanted rats. So far though all I'm getting is 1:1 trades offering their rats for my higher demand species so I might end up taking them off again & just leave collecting rats until the rest of my collection is complete. Still pretty exciting to see I only have 10 pages left though

When I completed my rat collection it was always through 1:1 trades. The problem with rats is usually people pay fairly to get them and then find out nobody will take them at all. So when they find someone who has rats on their wishlist they understandably offer 1:1 trades under the assumption that someone who wants them will fairly swap for them. It gets worse though when people won't even let you swap 1:1 for other low demand species.

While you might save a little bit trading for rats and you might find some good deals ultimately it's going to be like trading for any other pet species out there.
Currently collecting PPS dogs.
Music makes you braver.
Syn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:36 pm

LissaJo wrote:
Vixey wrote:

honestly I have found that FR is a great way to get into trading.. you dont have to buy the premium currency.. if you have time to play for an hour or more a day, you can easily earn treasure & trade it for gems (even though people are usually happy to trade for treasure too) and there is usually almost always people willing to trade their C$ for FR currency

I agree, FR is a great way to get into offsite trading. I'll give a little warning though, FR is very addictive in it's own right :)

Syn wrote:
lil rascal wrote:I have been striving since I joined for a complete pet collection but left the low demand pets like rats & Nicks off my WL so that people didn't only offer me those. I had my WL down to mostly list pets & trading was getting very slow so decided today to add the rats, horses, ponies & Nicks that I'm missing to my WL, bringing my WL up to 10 pages. Like most of CS I'm not a huge fan of rats, I just want them to complete my collection, so I kind of expected people to be happy that someone wanted their unwanted rats. So far though all I'm getting is 1:1 trades offering their rats for my higher demand species so I might end up taking them off again & just leave collecting rats until the rest of my collection is complete. Still pretty exciting to see I only have 10 pages left though

When I completed my rat collection it was always through 1:1 trades. The problem with rats is usually people pay fairly to get them and then find out nobody will take them at all. So when they find someone who has rats on their wishlist they understandably offer 1:1 trades under the assumption that someone who wants them will fairly swap for them. It gets worse though when people won't even let you swap 1:1 for other low demand species.

While you might save a little bit trading for rats and you might find some good deals ultimately it's going to be like trading for any other pet species out there.

The funny thing is all the older rats I have have been through trades where the other person treated them as next to worthless, it's only now that rats are on my WL that I'm getting trades that treat them as valuable. I have no problem trading other low demands for them but at this stage I'm not wanting to trade my dogs/lions/sitting cats/store pets 1:1 for them & I'm certainly not willing to overpay for them when in my past experience most view them the same way I do - something to throw onto an already fair offer to sweeten the deal.

I might feel differently once I have the rest of the pets I want but at this stage I just don't like rats enough sadly. I might leave them on my WL for awhile & see how I go, it is nice to be able to see how many pets I really need to complete my collection :)

Looking for WL trades!

lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yammie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:36 am

Hey y'all, does anybody know what this species is? i looked through the archives and couldn't figure it out.

Yammie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me