Recent Rarity Change List [January Update in progress!!]

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Recent Rarity Change List [NEW - August Update]

Postby ron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:16 am

vr > rare, afaik.
ron, she/her
central european time

ron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DemonKitmoone » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:56 am

Marshsiren wrote:I'm pretty sure this dude just went rare correct me if im wrong though?

yeah he was uncommon before.

Non-Binary & Trans | Adult | Artist | Huge Demon Slayer Fan

You don't need to show off your pets during trading. Please lock your pets if you don't want trade offers for them. This feature exists for a reason.
Don't write it in your trade rules, just LOCK them.

Trade Thread

Image Image Imagexx
DemonKitmoone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wilting.rosebud » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:15 am

this owl from 2011 was COMMON but is now UNCOMMON

x x x x x x
feel free to send me a trade!
i love getting new trades! <3
x x x x x x
wilting.rosebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Efrafa » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:24 am

♥Sterek♥ wrote:
nickjr wrote:
✿ Sasha ✿ wrote:The adult tiger store pets were VR on release though. Does this mean the whole rarity spectrum got adjusted? Because if they were VR to begin with inactive acounts can't be the answer.

Could also be that a lot of accounts that were active when the tiger store pets were released but did not have them are now inactive

Ick, that's a mouthful. Description of the accounts I'm talking about:
> active when tiger store pets were released
> inactive now
> no tiger store pets

Most likely the rarity was affected by unlocking hoard groups. If a group is locked, those pets are not counted toward rarity. Unlocking a group puts them back into circulation which, consequently, makes them less rare.

Since the tiger litter was released, we have seen TWO additional 'lion store pet' litters. As the novelty wears off, hoarders begin to unlock those groups.
Efrafa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:27 am

Efrafa wrote:
Most likely the rarity was affected by unlocking hoard groups. If a group is locked, those pets are not counted toward rarity. Unlocking a group puts them back into circulation which, consequently, makes them less rare.

Since the tiger litter was released, we have seen TWO additional 'lion store pet' litters. As the novelty wears off, hoarders begin to unlock those groups.

That's odd... I haven't heard anything about the lock status of a group affecting rarity. Where did you get this information? I've only ever seen the wording "pets on active accounts" hence my really wordy description
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cellar x Elijah » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:03 pm

nickjr wrote:
Efrafa wrote:

That's odd... I haven't heard anything about the lock status of a group affecting rarity. Where did you get this information? I've only ever seen the wording "pets on active accounts" hence my really wordy description

I've never once heard anything like this either and highly doubt it's true. That would create highly inaccurate rarity data to do it that way, as rarity is not about how many are available to offer on, it's about how many there are on active accounts in comparison to how many accounts are active.

~Elijah
Cellar x Elijah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Cellar x Elijah wrote:
nickjr wrote:
Efrafa wrote:

I've never once heard anything like this either and highly doubt it's true. That would create highly inaccurate rarity data to do it that way, as rarity is not about how many are available to offer on, it's about how many there are on active accounts in comparison to how many accounts are active.

~Elijah

I think they might have been confused by wording on the rares list guide

When they say that hoarders can make a pet more valuable they mean that by putting hoards in locked groups there are less open for trade. It doesn't actually make the rarity go up.
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:18 am

I think what we are seeing with the Tigers is bad timing.

First off, they came about in December. Which means more kids saw and wanted them. Since it is Christmas time, many parents would gift their kids with c$ to buy them. Also its one of the most active times of the year, so it sold alot more than usual.

Second was when they got their rarities. It was March 14th 2017. Lufik posted two of them that were rare. The cub and teen stage. The adults were not listed. Or at least I could not find them listed for that time.

Third was how long inactivity took hold. I am not sure but I think it was 3 months. From December 1st to February 28th, it is about 3 months. Since most sales for store pets is on day 1, and since it is possible for some to go inactive before the 14th of December, being so close to rare, its possible we just saw the pet slip into VR by a hair when it was assigned.

At first I was wondering on the rarity shift thing. But seeing as any shift in rarity tags would cause problems if not announced (we have always been told before), I see this as unlikely. Only when I started digging up dates and posts did it make more sense it was timing.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lil rascal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:55 pm

Obius wrote:I think what we are seeing with the Tigers is bad timing.

First off, they came about in December. Which means more kids saw and wanted them. Since it is Christmas time, many parents would gift their kids with c$ to buy them. Also its one of the most active times of the year, so it sold alot more than usual.

Second was when they got their rarities. It was March 14th 2017. Lufik posted two of them that were rare. The cub and teen stage. The adults were not listed. Or at least I could not find them listed for that time.

Third was how long inactivity took hold. I am not sure but I think it was 3 months. From December 1st to February 28th, it is about 3 months. Since most sales for store pets is on day 1, and since it is possible for some to go inactive before the 14th of December, being so close to rare, its possible we just saw the pet slip into VR by a hair when it was assigned.

At first I was wondering on the rarity shift thing. But seeing as any shift in rarity tags would cause problems if not announced (we have always been told before), I see this as unlikely. Only when I started digging up dates and posts did it make more sense it was timing.

The adult tigers definitely came out as VR when they were released as some people were surprised the teen wasn't VR too. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3380599&p=107645915&hilit=rare+tiger+store#p107645915 http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3041138&p=108657305&hilit=rare+tiger+store#p108657305

But I would say you're right that some of the adults were bought by people who then went inactive before the rarities were calculated so when they became active again recently it pushed them down to rare

Looking for WL trades!

LOLO lights off now until next year, hope you enjoyed your visit :)
lil rascal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:09 pm

lil rascal wrote:
Obius wrote:I think what we are seeing with the Tigers is bad timing.

The adult tigers definitely came out as VR when they were released as some people were surprised the teen wasn't VR too. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3380599&p=107645915&hilit=rare+tiger+store#p107645915 http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3041138&p=108657305&hilit=rare+tiger+store#p108657305

But I would say you're right that some of the adults were bought by people who then went inactive before the rarities were calculated so when they became active again recently it pushed them down to rare

I don't think the inactivity line is drawn earlier than 12ish months

But yeah, I think it's bad timing as well. Just in a different direction. posted some stuff about this earlier
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me