"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:20 pm

This guide will focus on the gaps, or differences in value, between each tier of the rares list and how to trade up and how pets are valued in comparison to each other. In order for this break down to make sense, you MUST read the entire post. Otherwise you may get confused. Only the first pet on a certain tier will be shown, to save space. Some pets will be used instead of a generic term such as "mid-September".
- rarity math
- how this list works

Key:
Non-dog = non swirl/tag/coon/jewel
Sorbet = any color
CEG = Clear Eyed Galaxy
BEG = Black Eyed Galaxy

Main List
High Julies
Mid Julies
Low Julies
Lowest Julies
GAP
High Augusts
Mid Augusts
Low Augusts

September List
High Septembers
Mid Septembers
Low Septembers

Hekomi wrote:DaDwarf and Trouble did most of the work with the September list! I barely tweaked their values, so this should be credited and thanked to THEM not to me. I will be adding, editing, etc. if necessary.
Last edited by DaDwarf on Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:00 am, edited 9 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:21 pm

Atwood wrote:Value is a different thing from rarity anyway - there may be more Sunbacks on CS than Dogtags, but there also a lot more Sundog hoarders because they're such a popular design, so there may be fewer Sunbacks actually available than there are Dogtags. To assess functional rarity you have to look at how many are in circulation, which you can only find out from other traders. ;)

I would actually quote that and say it suffices as an explanation for the rarities and values. C: Well said!

Yeah, like it always amazes me that the Joker is only Rare. Have you ever tried to get one? You'd swear they're the rarest pet in the universe!!! Because though there are a ton of them out there compared to some easier to come by pets, there are a lot of them collecting dust in hoards here and there and I guess in inactive accounts.

And, yes, very well said. :)

Written by others (Jeweled and someone else. I just needed the post!)
Last edited by DaDwarf on Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Apart from the typo. XD Thanks. :3 I'm interested to see what the Star rats will be like value-wise, since there are so many people hoarding them (one user alone has over 2000 of them). I have about 15 or so myself, and a lot of people are holding on to theirs, which could make for a scarce supply in later months. The good old supply-and-demand rules of economy! ^^
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chry » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:38 pm

The thing about pets is, its all about what people are WILLING to trade them for. There are like 3 groups on CS. The People who KNOW their rarities and who will pay a sun jewel for a zebra. Then there are people who just trade what they think is a good trade, as in they will trade a rainbow mane for a guinea pig because they prefer the guinea pig to the horse. And then there are the people who are only interested in adopting and care nothing for rarity or value. And those people are often the new players who get ninja'd and scammed. Store items are a bit of a hassle as well, because people like me who pay REAL money for the items, dont want to trade them away for just a common pet from the past few months. . . . Its all about supply, demand and what people are willing to actually pay for . . . its hardly every about rarity and value. . . . to be honest its more about looks xD
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BrightPink » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:29 pm

I looked at the list and "where's the uni?". So, where is it? I heard it's one of the most rare pets... It's really hard to get one :)
BrightPink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ventru » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:41 am

hey, where's the third sebra in the list?
Engel wrote:
You put the smoothie in cs lol

Feel free to pm me if you want to talk about anything. c:
Ventru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:01 am

King of Idiots wrote:I looked at the list and "where's the uni?". So, where is it? I heard it's one of the most rare pets... It's really hard to get one :)

Agreed XD I looked at the list and thought the exact same thing "Where's the uni?" He's pretty rare.
He's not much on demand but that doesn't make him any less rare.

And both the galaxies should be under both coon dogs. I've had several different galaxies and only one coon dog (non-coon).
They are both rarer than the galaxies.

Also all 3 sundogs and all 4 moondogs are rarer than the toxics and the galaxies.

By demand the moonswirl will have to go higher. It's the most wanted pet on CS! (Confirmed by Nick before the zebras was added to the archive XD)
And the galaxies need to be added. (Everyone wants those dogs apparently o.O) As well as the Joker need to be added.

Just what I think about this topic =3
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keatchi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:46 am

Atwood wrote:This is my rarity list I've been working on - it's probably not completely accurate, but it's fairly close on most of them. Some of the pets are tied with each other, since this is meant more as a 'what is an even trade?' list than rarity.

Jewelry Sundog = Moonswirl
Dogtag Moon (tied in rarity to moonswirl/sundog, but lower demand)
Zebra
White July PPS
Coontail
UR Butterfly wolf
UR Cat
Banana
Sunback
Non-Jewelry Sundog
Non-Swirl Moondog = Non-Coon
Non-Dogtag Moon
Growing White July
Black-eyed Galaxy
Sorbet (any variety)
Purple Toxic
Blue Toxic
Spotted Tribal = Rainbow-Mane
Clear-eyed Galaxy
Gearback Tribal
Line Tribal = UR Dog
Green Toxic
Red Toxic = Yellow Toxic = Joker = Winged Wood Angel = Rose PPS
Non-Balloon
Blue Balloon = Pink Balloon

Would the Sunback really be so high on the list? I also feel like the BE Galaxy would be higher, since I don't feel their rarity being so close to the Sorbets. Where could the new URs fit?
:\
I also feel that the Pink Balloon is just a bit more rare than the blue one. No?

Updated all that seemed resonable, but I'm still figuring out where to put the grown white July.

--
Minimanta wrote:Just what I think about this topic =3

No prob, we love to hear suggestions. <3
--
himorganhere wrote:
Atwood wrote:Value is a different thing from rarity anyway - there may be more Sunbacks on CS than Dogtags, but there also a lot more Sundog hoarders because they're such a popular design, so there may be fewer Sunbacks actually available than there are Dogtags. To assess functional rarity you have to look at how many are in circulation, which you can only find out from other traders. ;)

I would actually quote that and say it suffices as an explanation for the rarities and values. C: Well said!

I will quote that at the bottom~ Helpful quote! ^^
--
SilversCrevasse wrote:hey, where's the third sebra in the list?

Well, I don't know- Does anyone know its name?
--
King of Idiots wrote:I looked at the list and "where's the uni?". So, where is it? I heard it's one of the most rare pets... It's really hard to get one :)

Ergh- I have no idea. Anyone else know?
---
Phew, that was a LOT of updating.
llloNo
C'''''L''''D
''''|__|
(harry potter smiley~ o3o )
#skateboarder #bilingual #surfer #poet #panrom #ace #transnb
32°10′55″N 93°54′24″W
this is my thanks

my sibling Cinnamon. and i often trade as well as use the same IP adress.

don't ban us please c:
Keatchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jeweled » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:56 am

Chryseis wrote:The thing about pets is, its all about what people are WILLING to trade them for. There are like 3 groups on CS. The People who KNOW their rarities and who will pay a sun jewel for a zebra. Then there are people who just trade what they think is a good trade, as in they will trade a rainbow mane for a guinea pig because they prefer the guinea pig to the horse. And then there are the people who are only interested in adopting and care nothing for rarity or value. And those people are often the new players who get ninja'd and scammed. Store items are a bit of a hassle as well, because people like me who pay REAL money for the items, dont want to trade them away for just a common pet from the past few months. . . . Its all about supply, demand and what people are willing to actually pay for . . . its hardly every about rarity and value. . . . to be honest its more about looks xD

The same thing applies for the zebras - although they're the rarest pets on the site, very rarely will you get their full value. People just aren't willing to pay so much for a single pet, so I'd consider myself lucky to get a sun jewel for mine. You're more likely to get bids of Augusts and common Julys than anything else, and I haven't seen an offer of a rarer UR or July pop up yet.
Jeweled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:57 am

The 3rd zebra is the mountain zebra =3

Plains, grevy and mountain.^^