I'm wanting to learn one of these languages! GI've me advice

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

I'm wanting to learn one of these languages! GI've me advice

Postby BlackTalia509 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:42 am

I'd like to learn one of these, but my school doesn't teach any of them. Any advice on how to learn them?

- Japanese
- Korean
- Swedish
- French

Thank you!
I just want some online buds.
BlackTalia509

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I'm wanting to learn one of these languages! GI've me ad

Postby Sara3502 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:41 am

For Japanese, talk to people in apps like Hellotalk and read a lot. Online videos and kids shows help a lot!!!

頑張って!
Hi!
~It is impossible to travel at the speed of light, yet also undesirable, as ones hat keeps on flying off~
日本語を話しから、PMください ( ^ ^ )
Sara3502

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby antiquités » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:54 pm

there's a company on YouTube who offers basic lessons on a lot of languages. it's called langaugepod101 I think? also there's a YouTube channel called Easy Languages who interviews people in your target language ^^
also DamonandJo and Cyprien are good French youtubers. helps you get used to hearing the language spoken naturally.
antiquités

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:13 am

The website Duolingo is pretty good, however I know it doesn't have Korean or Japanese, and I'm not sure about Swedish.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cosmonaut » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:26 pm

Duolingo and Memrise! Also, listen to a lot of movies and shows in your target languages. Use the duolingo and memrise for learning vocabulary, but also make sure to study grammar independent of those. In the case of Japanese, grammar is extremely different so make sure you're paying attention to that. I've heard that Korean grammar is the same as Japanese but since I don't know any, I don't know for sure. French and Swedish are also pretty different but not so much as the Asian languages. Swedish is very similar to English, so I suggest you start with that to get the idea of learning another language in your head before learning a more difficult one.

Make sure you also read and write a lot! You can try to keep a journal or write short stories daily in a notebook. They do not have to be complex, but this helps you get in the habit of formulating sentences.

Another thing that helps for me is repeating a lot of phrases and words you learn out loud, and just speaking it to other people, even if they don't speak the language. Of course it's more helpful with another speaker to practice, but sometimes it's hard to find others to practice with.

Hope this helps!
Cosmonaut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faeyre » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:01 am

Cosmonaut wrote:Duolingo and Memrise! Also, listen to a lot of movies and shows in your target languages. Use the duolingo and memrise for learning vocabulary, but also make sure to study grammar independent of those. In the case of Japanese, grammar is extremely different so make sure you're paying attention to that. I've heard that Korean grammar is the same as Japanese but since I don't know any, I don't know for sure. French and Swedish are also pretty different but not so much as the Asian languages. Swedish is very similar to English, so I suggest you start with that to get the idea of learning another language in your head before learning a more difficult one.

Make sure you also read and write a lot! You can try to keep a journal or write short stories daily in a notebook. They do not have to be complex, but this helps you get in the habit of formulating sentences.

Another thing that helps for me is repeating a lot of phrases and words you learn out loud, and just speaking it to other people, even if they don't speak the language. Of course it's more helpful with another speaker to practice, but sometimes it's hard to find others to practice with.

Hope this helps!

I can vouch for Memrise, over here! I'm currently using it for French, and it's helping me so much! I'm using more than just the standard course, though, since they give you access to user-made ones too. I also used Duolingo for a short while, but I didn't really work for me, but I've seen LOTS of positive things about it c:

adult | en/de | infp
heya, im fae. i like books,
video games & napping. i
just got back from haitus
so pls be gentle with me!

Faeyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benchwork » Thu May 04, 2017 4:59 pm

wow learning a language without teacher is a challenge, but it's not impossible .-.
well.. I learnt chinese and English by:

A) Buying a dictionary
B) memorize the dictionary

C) Go to the country and go to their school. DONT GO TO INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL!
Benchwork

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me