Learn Welsh! ~All Members Welcome!~

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Which Word Do You Want To Know In Welsh

Welcome
14%
Thank You
71%
Phone
14%

Total votes : 7

Learn Welsh! ~All Members Welcome!~

Postby kkermit. » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:09 am

Helo!

Means HELLO in Welsh!

Hello everyone! Need to learn Welsh? Then you came to the right place! In this thread, you can ask questions, talk in Welsh and many more! Don't hesitate to PM me!

Now here is a test: Try to read the message below without using translation (you can try this later when you know enough Welsh)

Helo pawb! Hawl bellach, gwn nad ydych yn deall hyn, ond mae hynny'n iawn! Ceir fersiwn Saesneg o hyn isod mi! welaf i chi'n ddiweddarach!

Give up? Can't read it? Here is the answer:

Hello everyone! Right now, I know you don't understand this, but that's ok! There will be a English version of this below me! See you later!

List of words:

Cat = Cath
Holiday = Gwyliau
School = Ysgol
New = Newydd
Old = Hen
Hole = Twll
Mice = Llygod
Snow = Eira
Everyone = Pawb

Request any words when you PM me, or vote for them! Voting ends every two weeks.

QUESTIONS:

Ask me questions and I'll answer them!

hwyl

Means BYE in Welsh
─ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

────────────────
Kermit
Forum Game Enthusiast
Aspiring Veterinarian

My Rat Collection

────────────────
────
ˏˋ°•*⁀➶

gif credit / made sig myself (:

LIGHTS OFF
kkermit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Learn Welsh! ~All Members Welcome!~

Postby CupOfTeaAndSomeCake » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:34 pm

It's been so long since I've spoken any Welsh! I lived there for over a year when I was very small, all I can remember now is bore da xD
CupOfTeaAndSomeCake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ginseng, » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:03 am

To be honest, Welsh looks like a bunch of random letters. cx Is the grammar structure of the language similar to English?

'' love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs ''
        good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow,
        that I shall say good night till it be morrow.
ginseng,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Troldkvinde » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:42 pm

cursedmagpie wrote:To be honest, Welsh looks like a bunch of random letters. cx Is the grammar structure of the language similar to English?

This is what I love about Welsh XD Well, I also think it sounds beautifully...
I'd really like to learn Welsh, but I don't even know where to start... can't find any decent and comprehensive overview of the grammar anywhere on the internet.

:3 2k17, is Welsh actually your first language? Just wondering, because it seems to be a rare thing
Troldkvinde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby windows98 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Helo! Prynhawn da! I am trying to learn welsh. So far I haven't been doing very well, do you have any advise on how i can easily remember grammar rules? I am having a hard time with mutations and remembering words, especially spelling

I also need to work on my ynganu, it can be a little confusing to someone who is used to just english and spanish. I keep trying to say the double l like i do in spanish

ImageImageImage
windows98

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess826 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:15 am

Helo! I think I'll be scanning this topic because I want to learn as many languages as possible! Welsh too!
Hello to everyone here!

I'm a teenage girl from the Czech republic.

Don't know where it is? Shame on you!

You have to know that I'm an introvert and I have trouble talking to people. Other than that, I love animals and sports, I do karate, yoga, floorball and I did voleyball and handful of other sports. I like to read, mainly fanfictions (yeah, here's someone with a crush on fictional character), and I write fanfictions myself.
I also like anime and manga, and - as you can see - I'm a big fan of How to train your dragon movies :)

I am that type of person who is active one week in a month and the rest of the year is desperately trying not to drown in real life. So it shouldn't be any surprise that most of my pets are 2013.

I don't trade often, but when I do, I do it as long as someone cancels my trade. I don't get over it really well (even when the person leaves a message why s/he cancelled) and I become a shell and I stop my trades, activity, everything and then I usually disappear from website until I'm confident again.

Oh and from this computer sometimes logs on my sister Kvitka and my cousin kaimared

Tess826 swings in on a vine looking fabulous but ultimately smacks into a tree.
Tess826

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me