Korean Learner Advice Needed ^^

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Korean Learner Advice Needed ^^

Postby BabyKoreanPanda » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:21 pm

I was wondering as a beginner in Korean, are there any apps you recommend? I downloaded a few kid apps for learning ^^
ImageImage

Image Image Image
BabyKoreanPanda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . étoile » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:43 am

Hey there, I'm learning Korean as well (although I'm really just focusing on mastering the writing system)! Starting off with kid apps is definitely a good idea, as when it comes to kids things need to be simplified to be understood easier. Now, let me get into the apps I'm recommending for you.

Eggbun: This one is like a Korean tutor in your pocket! The format makes it seem like you're just texting - and learning at the same time. It goes over many topics, and starts off with Hangul. Communication is the main focus here, and you also get tests along with culture notes. I recommend that you write down most of what you learn. Oh, and it has non-robotic audio and instead comes from native speakers, which is a plus. It's quite easy to follow along.

TenguGo Hangul: This app is specifically for Hangul. Here you have quizzes, flash cards, and easy-to-navigate lessons. It teaches you some history of the Korean writing system, and then teaches you how to write and read it. The lessons cover over most of what you need to know. Not the prettiest, but definitely useful.

PopPopping Korean: Want to nail down pronunciation? Then this app is for you. It has music, visualizes how the tongue should move and provides sound information.

Mango Languages: More for teaching how to converse, it has a simple platform and will make you say everything out loud. The trouble here is how you'll need a library that has Mango available and will ask for a library card. Just put in the address "30004" and you should be good to go.

I would recommend you Duolingo, but by the time the actual course comes out, you'll most likely already be fluent in Korean (whether in reading, writing, or speaking is up to you). YouTube should also be your friend here, and I'm quite sure that you already have it downloaded. Channels I could recommend are Learn Korean with KoreanClass101.com, SEEMILE Korean, and Conversational Korean. Then again, just play around with it. Find videos that you find fun and easy, and you will also be able to find videos in Korean (thank you Internet!). The last bit of advice I can give is for you to write down important notes, study everyday (language learning requires dedication), and have fun with Korean!

link link link link

╔═══════ ════════╗
aspiring diplomat who has taste
for languages, linguistics, puns,
politics, philosophy and history.

╚═════════════════╝
myst è re est trop

pas xd é sob é ir

. étoile

My pets
My items
My wishlist