» i am currently in need of help with JAPANESE?

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

» i am currently in need of help with JAPANESE?

Postby Wyverncult » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:23 am

ah, hello! please forgive me if this is not the correct board to put this thread in, but i am in need of a slight bit of help in learning the japanese language and alphabets??

what i currently know / own;
        - i own a guide on japanese grammar i had purchased, but had only started reading and stopped a long while ago...
        - i know all of the hiragana alphabet, though sometimes mix up "ya," "yu," and "yo." i also seem to forget characters like "pa," or "ga"— the ones with the extra little bit added to an already-existing character to make another.
        - i own a program to help with katagana, though i am having difficulties remembering them all?? the program is dr moku's katagana mnemonics.
        - i did purchase a guide on kanji, but i do not know how to pronounce any of the words at the moment, and would like to learn katagana and japanese grammar, as well as multiple words before i actually get to learning kanji. is this a good method?
        - i know... some words?? and phrases. you know, though, simple ones. hello- pleasure to meet you- good night- <subject> is / am /are <verb>. things like that.
        - i believe i've gotten the accents down? at least i think, enough that i'd need to know. "l" and "v" don't exist, and are substituted for "r" and "b" as far as i know, yeah? i believe some words with "zi" in them would be substituted for "ji," yeah..??

negatives;
        - i cannot take classes. i am too busy with school and cannot afford to take as such at the moment.
        - if i am in need of purchasing materials that could help, i would probably need a specific price, because, as stated earlier, i do not have much money(USD) to spend..
        - skype / voice chat / face-to-face interaction is an absolute and definite no. please, i can barely interact with any of my teachers at school, one-on-one tutoring would only throw me into a panic attack.
        - i have difficulty reading hand-written japanese, some of the time. most of the time, it is sloppy, even if it is in hiragana, or a kanji phrase i already know(i.e, a name).
        - i'm not looking for writing the characters, mostly reading and listening to people speaking, but just in case, i have never memorized how to write any japanese characters, so if anyone could provide with me any resources or guides to learn writing the characters, that'd be nice?
        - the sentence structure is so difficult to learn, for me.. i do know that it's subject, to object, to verb— unlike english, which is subject, verb, object, but?? i honestly have no clue how to memorize this, let alone learn to create complex sentences, or run-on sentences..
        - and then, regarding the subject-verb-object problem, i would have no clue where to place adjectives or other kinds of particles either.. could anyone possibly help regarding these two problems?

that being said, what i'm really asking for here are tips to help me remember phrases, words and characters, and any methods i should try whilst learning the language? any resources i should take a look at while i am learning? how about placement of specific words and particles?

ahh, again, please forgive me if this is the incorrect board for posting things like these! if it is so, then, by all means, please lock or move this thread! but, thank you, if you would like to help, and have a wonderful day! uvu
xxxx

rec me some
retro games!‎

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

_now playing:_

MMX; FFIII
RE3; NMH2
SNATCHER
RGG GAIDEN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: » i am currently in need of help with JAPANESE?

Postby Wyverncult » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:39 am

a bump...? uvu;;
xxxx

rec me some
retro games!‎

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

_now playing:_

MMX; FFIII
RE3; NMH2
SNATCHER
RGG GAIDEN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: » i am currently in need of help with JAPANESE?

Postby Sara3502 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:29 am

I can help with those basics, if you'd like :) I had to figure out tricks to learn them, myself.

漢字: 友達になりましょうね (^ ^)
ひらがな: ともだちになりましょうね
English: Let's be friends!
Hi!
~It is impossible to travel at the speed of light, yet also undesirable, as ones hat keeps on flying off~
日本語を話しから、PMください ( ^ ^ )
Sara3502

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me