♚❤LEARN/TEACH GERMAN❤♚

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: Learn/Teach German - BECOME A MEMBER NOW <3

Postby spencer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:41 am

*Username: lio.
*German Level: Alpha
*Why do you think you are at this level?: German is my mother language
*What is your main goal in joining this group?: I want to help other people and maybe find someone who could teach me a bit of Russian
*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): No thanks, I've bookmarked it c:
Favorite learning tool/website: -
*Timezone (please be as specific as possible, not just "central"): Central European Time (CET)
First Language: German
Country (you can be vague and say European, English, etc. or just not share at all): Germany
How often are you online?: Every day unless I'm very busy
Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular basis?: I would like to teach German
If you said no to the above question, would you do it on an irregular basis? and why?: -
spencer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danielderek » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:06 am

*Username: Deebee
*German Level: Alpha
*Why do you think you are at this level?: It's my mother language.
*What is your main goal in joining this group?: Helping others understand that creepy language.
*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): Nope.
Favorite learning tool/website: -
*Timezone (please be as specific as possible, not just "central"): Frickin'... London.
First Language: German.
Country (you can be vague and say European, English, etc. or just not share at all): Moving to the UK in less than a year, but central European.
How often are you online?: If I am not busy nearly every day and for a long time.
Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular basis?: I would like to teach?
If you said no to the above question, would you do it on an irregular basis? and why?: -
danielderek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NyanCatAndHelloKitty » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi! I'm not going to join the thread but I'd like to recommend a few sites (:

Lingolia ;; This website covers lots of grammar and vocabulary, it's worth a try!
Hello Mylo ;; Also teaches Spanish, French and Chinese. Kinda cute :>
Omniglot ;; Great for reference if needed.
Babbel ;; This is kinda like the free version of Rosetta Stone!
And Duolingo is already added ^.^
NyanCatAndHelloKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Moin, Schneemaehne hier!

I'd like to help here and there, too, but as I see you already have enough teachers and it's more the pupils you're lacking. Crossing my fingers (or, to say it in German: Daumen drücken!) you'll find lots of interested users soon!

I'll throw in my application, though. Shoot me a PM if you'd ever need me ;)

*Username: Schneemaehne
*German Level: native speaker
*Why do you think you are at this level?: see above
*What is your main goal in joining this group?: I'd love to help others with learning a new language. When I grew up learning English online platforms like these helped me a lot to improve both my grammar as well as my vocabulary - simply by being online, reading through topics which interested me and chatting with other users. This quickly reflected in my school grades, too - I had been learning English an hour a day without realizing it! I'd love to help others do the same thing with German. I'm open for chatting or for proof-reading your texts. On the other hand I would love to meet some native English speakers who would maybe have time once in a while to look over my own English texts for University. Don't be frightened, it will be very short ones!
(Plus, I was a teacher's assistant for German classes during my year in Scotland and I kind of miss teaching.)
*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): yes, please
Favorite learning tool/website: Never used any fancy tools or websites. Reading books helped me a lot, though!
*Timezone (please be as specific as possible, not just "central"): GMT + 2:00
First Language: German
Country (you can be vague and say European, English, etc. or just not share at all): Germany
How often are you online?: daily, though University forces me to odd times as very early on the morning, around lunch and late evnings.
Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular basis?: No, thank you (see above for an explanation!)
If you said no to the above question, would you do it on an irregular basis? and why?: I'd love to jump in and help on an irregular basis. As a university student I have odd timetables and my workload changes from next to nothing (beginning of the semester) into 24/7 stress tests (exam time) and everything in between. So I would not be a reliable teacher for weekly lessons at all. But if you have a quick question and you see I'm online, feel free to shoot me a PM! I'll always have time to answer that!
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cheep » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:06 am

*Username: Vril
*German Level:
Well, I've been doing German for 4 years at school, so perhaps Gamma/Beta?
Although, if i'm honest, I'm not really too sure on how great I am xD

*Why do you think you are at this level?:
I've been doing German for 4 years at school,
although my target had been quite low,
I had always risen above it. I can't really say
too much without giving away my age xD

*What is your main goal in joining this group?:
To improve my German spelling, and range of vocab.
I've got a written assessment coming up, and would
love to ace it xD

*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): yeah, why not? :3

Favorite learning tool/website: Duolingo
*Timezone (please be as specific as possible, not just "central"): click this :3
First Language: English!
Country (you can be vague and say European, English, etc. or just not share at all): England!
How often are you online?: Like, everyday xD for a few hours at least!
Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular basis?: that'd be nice! ]:3
If you said no to the above question, would you do it on an irregular basis? and why?:

<3
Marine biology & scuba diving~
Bird photography ~
Pokemon and Overwatch <3
Novo Amor ~
My birbs . The lost city
Cheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby v i x e n » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:50 am

*Username: Danny Fenton
*German Level: Um... Maybe Omega or Delta B >_<
*Why do you think you are at this level?: Because I haven't/ don't really study it D:
*What is your main goal in joining this group?: So I can learn this language and hopefully one day I can talk German, hehe >w<
*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): Yes c:
Favorite learning tool/website: None, I guess >_>
*Timezone (please be as specific as possible, not just "central"): GMT+7
First Language: Indonesian
How often are you online?: I online daily, unless there are school trips/ retreats
Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular basis?: Yes!! ;u;
v i x e n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cats omgg » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:00 am

mark ;;
i may want to join this soon
cats omgg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scyfir » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:16 am

I'm currently working on a list of german sayings and their meanings:
clicky
Scyfir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spencer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:19 am

The Vampiress wrote:I'm currently working on a list of german sayings and their meanings:
clicky

Thank you very much, I bet that's quite helpful for people wanting to learn German. But "Stille Wasser sind tief" means "still waters run deep" in English c:
spencer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scyfir » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:15 am

lio. wrote:
The Vampiress wrote:I'm currently working on a list of german sayings and their meanings:
clicky

Thank you very much, I bet that's quite helpful for people wanting to learn German. But "Stille Wasser sind tief" means "still waters run deep" in English c:

oh thank you very much! :)
Scyfir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me