Find a Pen Pal!

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: Find an International Penpal

Postby Thunder. » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:06 pm

Username ;; Thunder.
    Country ;; Indonesia
    What language(s) do you speak ;; English, Indonesian and some Javanese... fragments of Japanese, I guess.
    What kind of penpal are you looking for ;; No one in particular, really, but I'd love to meet someone with their own language. I love learning new things, so someone who doesn't bite whenever I ask them too many questions about what it's like living where they live. Maybe even someone who's good at drawing.
    Why do you want a penpal ;; I'm still young and I've reached a stage of curiosity to pretty much everything, and having an international penpal sounds amazing.
    Anything interesting about yourself ;; Well, I love reading. A majority of my novels are in English. I'd much rather read books than watch their movies. I also enjoy watching anime and reading manga, as well as drawing even though I'm terrible at it. I enjoy writing and playing with my pets. I have two cats, two bunnies and my dad farms chickens. I've always had a deep interest in culture, mostly because I want to base my stories off them if and when I become a writer. It's a small chance, though, but I'm always up for learning.

hey, thunder. here ^^
I'm a not-so-good artist, an okay writer,
and a terrible organizer.
feel free to shoot me a pm!
pixel avatar by swiftalu <3
rest in peace, robin williams. deep condolences.
PlumiesEPPS Sand Cat AuctionCoding

Thunder.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fable; » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Username: AJEarthsquared; Call me earthsquared or earth
What language(s) do you speak: First Language is English, French is a minor, Spanish, and Icelandic are too.
What kind of penpal are you looking for: A fun penpal who is willing to translate something and has a postitive attitude and likes to write.
Why do you want a penpal: I want a penpal because...
A. I like to write
B. I like cultures and history
C. I like people and making new friends c:
Anything interesting about yourself (hobbies, favorite ___, pets, etc.):
I like to draw, read, write, and be crazy. I really don't have a favorite anything and I have two dogs; chocolate labs.
fable;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lukas_stop » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:55 am

| Hola | Hello | Bonjor | | Guten Tag |

-------------------------------------------------

Username:
XxbluehaloxX

United States Of America c:

What language(s) do you speak:
( lots ) I Fluently speak English, and I know Basic French ( just enough to hold a small conversation c: ). I am currently learning french and Italian.

What kind of penpal are you looking for:
Someone kind, and knows English. I'd love if we could teach each other things c:

Why do you want a penpal:
It gets pretty boring having nothing better to do, and having a pen pal would be a great opportunity to try something new!

I'm very artistic, but I usually am very awkward in a conversation. I'm nice but I love to meet new people!
I love learning about history, or places in Europe.

You can also find me on duolingo if you want to chat with me there >.>
hetalia_Artist

-------------------------------------------------

| Hola | Hello | Bonjor | | Guten Tag |
Last edited by lukas_stop on Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image Image

Proud Record Holder: Largest 2015 Dog Litter Hoard
Currently working towards collecting all of the pets on chicken smoothie.
Join the CS discord!
lukas_stop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fika. » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:01 am

Username: Hola! I'm Different ;3
What language(s) do you speak: English, Swedish and learning dutch and spanish
What kind of penpal are you looking for: Someone who I can get along with - if a boy then i'm lucky - if girl probably a gamer? (that sounds kind of mean actually.. just someone nice ;3)
Why do you want a penpal: I love talking with people - and maybe we have stuff in common and maybe we can become better friends and actually meet one day o; idk
Anything interesting about yourself (hobbies, favorite ___, pets, etc.): I own a pug named Bob, I do drama, I sometimes sing, I have been to hawaii a few times, I have lived in England, America and Sweden (now live in the Netherlands)
fika.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby XUltimate_ProximityX » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Salut!
Username: Watashi wa "XUltimate_ProximityX" (my Kindle has no Japanese Keyboard :| )
Country: I live in the U.S., although I was born in Japan, somewhere near Tokyo.
Languages I speak: I can fluently speak English (even though it's my second language). I can only understand some Japanese. I am learning French on my own, right now. However, I'd like to learn some south Asian language (Thai, Indian, etc…). I want to learn many languages!
What kind of Penpal are you looking for: I am looking for someone to help me with my French, maybe a more fluent person for Japanese (although my mom can speak Japanese fluently and English too). I'd like a person who is above conversational level in French, maybe a native? Or a full time speaker of it? And I want someone that won't mind my grammar and pronunciation mistakes, and someone who can talk as if they were in person (not professional writing, just pretend you're talking to me!)
Why do you want a Penpal?: I've been looking for a site that was NOT spam or required you to pay to even show your email to send an email to people, and I think Chicken Smoothie is a safe site because it requires none of that unnecessary junk. In the question above, I just want someone to help me with my language learning mission. Oh, and if you can record your voice, maybe we can 'talk' to each other? In email? I don't really want to give out my Skype. •_•
Anything Interesting about Myself/Hobbies: Oh I have a whole bunch of stuff about me and stuff I like! I like to draw, and I'm 50% Japanese, 25% French and 25% Filipino. I love foreign movies and music (especially Bollywood, I like their music!). And the world's different cultures are very interesting to me, like what they eat (I saw my first Afghan restaurant and my parents and I saw an Ethiopian restaurant since we were in a bigger city). Food unites everybody together, which is one of the reasons I love food.

We could talk about our different cultures, things you like / don't like, and many more things!
(I really want to work on my listening and speaking skills, so if you have a headset, microphone, or a webcam that can record audio (after you take the vdeo part out), we can 'speak' to each other. I'm not sure how we can put an audio file in a PM though. Maybe we can upload it to a website like SoundCloud that we use for solely that purpose?

Arigato!
Merci!
:D
XUltimate_ProximityX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tart » Thu May 01, 2014 9:10 am

Username: Hello there! I'm Tart!
What language(s) do you speak: English, some broken German.
What kind of penpal are you looking for:Someone who is nice and with a sense of humor :3
Why do you want a penpal: I have always wanted one since I was about 6. To learn more about different cultures.
I work in a haunted house. Boo!
And I am learning to be a SFX Makeup artist :)
Sup I'm old and I'm back
it's me ya trash boi
pm if you want

xxxxxxxxxxx
    I take commissions!
    dA
    ask or follow journal for new dA/examples
    Kalons
xxxxxxxxxxx
Tart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby class clown » Thu May 01, 2014 10:56 pm

Username:
    Zelo

I am a Filipino with a mix of Spanish inside me, but I was born in Australia. C:

What language(s) do you speak:
    Although there is no Australian blood in me, I can fluently speak English. I fully understand Tagalog (or Filipino) but I can't really speak Tagalog myself, same goes with Chinese and Korean which are the two languages I am currently studying, Chinese being a subject for me.

What kind of penpal are you looking for:
    Well, I travel every 2 years to experience different cultures, Thailand or the US (again) being my next destinations. I want someone who has a sense of humour but also.. Is an expert at explaining? Like what it's like in their country, how to greet, etc...

Why do you want a penpal:
    Why not have a buddy that could be there in times of need but can also teach me new languages! C:

Well, as I said, I travel every 2 years
    As you can tell I am a k-pop fan xD
    I am.. Pretty crazy, actually
    I really enjoy spending my time drawing, either traditional or digital, I just draw what comes to mind

if you wanna talk make sure you come up with good jokes
or else your head will be bopped with a shovel
class clown

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Poppy » Fri May 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Username:Alaskabi
What language(s) do you speak: Bulgarian (lol you don't say,huh?) English and abit of german ,and veeery little french.
What kind of penpal are you looking for: Everyone who would like to tell me more for their culture,traditions and would like to hear mine ^_^
Why do you want a penpal: I love to meet new people and their traditions ,culture and such ^^
Hmm i like horseback riding,Im in-love with anthros and furries, I love any robo and war related movies and my friends like to call me Poppy xD
Lady Poppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaceyMae » Sat May 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Username: LaceyMae
What language(s) do you speak: English (I'm in the process of learning Spanish)
What kind of penpal are you looking for: Anyone, but it'd be awesome if it was someone foreign
Why do you want a penpal: I love meeting new people and learning about other countries. I also love sharing my own culture, religion, and viewpoints, and learning about yours!
Anything interesting about yourself (hobbies, favorite ___, pets, etc.): Well, I love art. Particularly visual art, music, literature, and film. I can be an introvert, but can also be outgoing at times. I'm usually not a girly-girl, but (as my siggy shows) sometimes I can't help but pretty-fy something. My favourite band is Of Monsters and Men, my favourite tv show is Warehouse 13, and I love the Lord of the Rings series. I'm allergic to dogs and cats unfortunately, but I own a parrot (a blue-fronted amazon to be exact) which I absolutely love to death. I think astrology is awesome, and find some relief in knowing that there are bigger things out there in space than us.
LaceyMae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TokioHotel_alien » Sat May 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Username: TokioHotel_alien
What language(s) do you speak: English, Bengali, Hindi.
What kind of penpal are you looking for: I want a penpal who would help me learn about their culture and language. I would love to learn different languages and cultures. In return I would tell them about my country and my culture.
Why do you want a penpal: I want a penpal because I would love to make some real friends in CS and also because I LOVE to learn about different cultures ;)
Anything interesting about yourself (hobbies, favorite ___, pets, etc.): Listening to music, reading comics, swimming are some of my hobbies. I have a pet dog who is a four year old labrador retriever. I have a sibling in CS. My favourite cartoon is Inuyasha and I am a fan of anime. Also, I love everything horror or related to occult, hence my favourite TV show is Supernatural.
Currently I am trying my best to learn Korean language and Korean culture :geek:
Oh ! also I love listening to K-pop bands like B1A4 (my favourite) :D

Mods: Zoker is my sister
TokioHotel_alien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me