The Spanish Club ~ All levels welcome!

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: The Spanish Club ~ All levels welcome!

Postby illusion. » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 pm

Hola, hoy ha sido un poco duro día, tengo hipermovilidad y algunas personas realmente no entienden, que suelen decir "no parece enfermo" y generalmente lo que pasa por mi cabeza es algo como esto, " así que no parezcan estúpidos pero que obviamente están!" a veces me siento tan sola y todo lo que quiero es que alguien entienda

hello today has been a kinda hard day, I have hypermobility and some people really don't understand, they usually tend to say " you don't look sick" and usually what goes through my head is something like this, " well you don't look stupid but you obviously are!" sometimes I just feel so alone and all I want is for someone to understand.

sorry for the rant, I tried really hard with this and any corrections would be much appreciated thank you:)
To all of my friends on chicken smoothie,new and old ,I am sending this message with deep regret.i will be leaving the forum as I no longer feel welcome.it is hard for me to admit to ,but know that I can do so as you are all all an amazing ,understanding group of people,I am being bullied.now I have admitted to you ,I feel more able to cope.so farewell and thanks again.
illusion.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 am

Hola, me llamó Loki. Soy de los Estados Unidos, y mi abuelo era de México, but yo sólo saber un poco español. Mi primer idioma es inglés, pero me encantaría aprender más!

--

Hello, my name is Loki. I am from the United States and my grandfather was from Mexico, but I only know a bit of Spanish. My first language is English, but I would love to learn more Spanish!
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby illusion. » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:26 am

Lokisaurus wrote:Hola, me llamó Loki. Soy de los Estados Unidos, y mi abuelo era de México, but yo sólo saber un poco español. Mi primer idioma es inglés, pero me encantaría aprender más!

--

Hello, my name is Loki. I am from the United States and my grandfather was from Mexico, but I only know a bit of Spanish. My first language is English, but I would love to learn more Spanish!

hola , bienvenido , me llamo illusion.
To all of my friends on chicken smoothie,new and old ,I am sending this message with deep regret.i will be leaving the forum as I no longer feel welcome.it is hard for me to admit to ,but know that I can do so as you are all all an amazing ,understanding group of people,I am being bullied.now I have admitted to you ,I feel more able to cope.so farewell and thanks again.
illusion.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiyomice » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:07 am

Luxu Rebel wrote:
bueno, pero todos mis notas son A’s salvo mi nota de matematicas (es 63 :silent:). mi maestro prometido la nota será arreglado hoy. No es... :/ no me gusta mi maestro de todos modos

Un buen maestro puede hacer toda la diferencia a veces. Lamento que no te guste el tuyo.

illusion. wrote:Hola, hoy ha sido un poco duro día, tengo hipermovilidad y algunas personas realmente no entienden, que suelen decir "no parece enfermo" y generalmente lo que pasa por mi cabeza es algo como esto, " así que no parezcan estúpidos pero que obviamente están!" a veces me siento tan sola y todo lo que quiero es que alguien entienda

hello today has been a kinda hard day, I have hypermobility and some people really don't understand, they usually tend to say " you don't look sick" and usually what goes through my head is something like this, " well you don't look stupid but you obviously are!" sometimes I just feel so alone and all I want is for someone to understand.

sorry for the rant, I tried really hard with this and any corrections would be much appreciated thank you:)

The problem is, so many people are uneducated about illnesses (both mental and physical). They don't realize how hurtful their words can be. I wish there were a way to educate everyone around the world. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.
Kiyomice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jinchuuriki » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:49 am

Kiyomice wrote:¿Cómo están todos hoy? (:

Mad, as in crazy, really crazy, how about you? xD

Loco, como en chalado, muy chalado, ¿y tu? xD

Luxu Rebel wrote:

bueno, pero todos mis notas son A’s salvo mi nota de matematicas (es 63 :silent:). mi maestro prometido la nota será arreglado hoy. No es... :/ no me gusta mi maestro de todos modos

By "bueno" you mean good, or ok right? In spanish that would be "Bien". Bien can be translated as ok, or for homework for example, correct. Also good in "Im good". Bueno... you can be bueno too, but it means good, as in not evil, or good as in a tasty food xD

(I think a 63 (6.3 in Spain xD) is good, at least for me, I suck at it xD)

"Prometido", "será arreglado hoy", "No es".
I think you mean "promised", "would be fixed today", and "it wasnt".
If you say "prometido" you must add "había", "había prometido" that would translate as "had promised". ("prometido" can be used too but only as an answer to a promise, kinda like "promise to come back tomorrow? Promise". That kind of thing.)

"Será arreglado hoy" translated means "will be repaired/fixed today". Here you are using future, right. But if as I suspect, you meant to say "would be" instead of "will" then you need to use the form "sería". "Sería arreglado hoy" means "would be repaired/fixed today." We can understand "arreglado" as in your teacher correcting the score in the exam, but the correct word would be "correjido" from the verb "correjir" ("correct") so it would end as "Sería correjido hoy" to be 100% correct.

"No es" as in "it wasnt". It means "it isnt" so you need to put it in past form, and the verb would be "estar", so it would be "no estaba" or "no estaba arreglado" so the reader doesnt get lost. "Es" is to be as in "I am Jin", while "estaba" comes from "estar" that is to be too, but for places, as Im "I am here".

And you dont like your teacher, well, we all have people we cant stand, thats common in life xD

illusion. wrote:Hola, hoy ha sido un poco duro día, tengo hipermovilidad y algunas personas realmente no entienden, que suelen decir "no parece enfermo" y generalmente lo que pasa por mi cabeza es algo como esto, " así que no parezcan estúpidos pero que obviamente están!" a veces me siento tan sola y todo lo que quiero es que alguien entienda

I have a friend with hypermobility, and she doesnt like it too much xD
I would advice you to not to give a fu... a da... um... to not to worry about that. Me for example, I didnt even know that illness existed until I mety friend, and I am still not sure of what it does, besides the kinda rubbery moves you can pull, but that doesnt means I make fun of you, or that I dont care or that I think you are ok and are trying to trick me. I just dont know what it is, so I cant really have an opinion. I am stupid, so it applies to me, but not to everyone xD

Lets see, corrections. "hoy ha sido un poco duro día" is correct, but the order is wrong, would be "un dia un poco duro". (Noticed that I added another "un" since I moved "día" next to the verb and it wouldnt sound good. In english, I would be saying "a day a kinda hard" more or less, but... spanish works like that xD
(You could also just say "hoy ha sido un poco duro" and omit "día". That would be like saying "today was hard")

"Really dont understand (it)". You are ommiting the "it" here, right? You are doing the same in spanish, but in this case, since there is a verb, you have to add "lo" (that would be the spanish "it" here) to.make sense. It would end like "realmente no lo entienden".

"que suelen decir" here, the "que" must be killed. "suelen decir" is correct, you dont need "que" since you dont want to say "that" on english. Would be different if you wanted to say "they dont understand, that they say..." then yes, you would use "que" but that would be a whole different meaning to what you said, both in english and spanish.

"no parece enfermo" Well, not much to say here, since it is correct. Just maybe the way of it. For example, when you address someone you know, you can say "how have you been (dude)?" because is someone close to you. Or you can say "how have you been (sir)?" because it is someone you respect, or have to show respect to. Example, elders, military, people you dont know too much (a patient for example).
The second one is more polite.
Same happens here. "no parece enfermo" is the polite form, maybe it is a teacher saying it to you, someone you just meet or so. Your mother for example, would say "no pareces enfermo" since she is closer to you, the less polite way. Since I dont know which one you wanted to use, and both are correct, nothing much to add xD

"así que no parezcan estúpidos pero que obviamente están!" Here is what you meant "well you don't look stupid but you obviously are!" so you would have to say it like this:
"bueno (yet another use for bueno, like well xD) tu no pareces estúpido/tonto/whatever-other-insult pero lo eres claramente!/obviamente!
(I corrected a lot already, and still more to correct, so trust me on this one, even if I dont explain why xD)

Lokisaurus wrote:Hola, me llamó Loki. Soy de los Estados Unidos, y mi abuelo era de México, but yo sólo saber un poco español. Mi primer idioma es inglés, pero me encantaría aprender más!

--

"Llamó" would be past, as in "he called me". You use "llamo" there. Then "but" would be "pero" and "saber" correct form would be "sé" ("I know")
The rest is correct. But it kinda makes me mad that you say "but" in the first half, then "pero" in the second one. You do know the word then, why use "but"? xD

All the rest is correct.

And Kiyomice, there is, its called internet, but you cant know everything, so you need some time to research after you hear about it. For example, I hear hypermobility, I google it and see what it is, what it does... I will forget 0.2 seconds after, but I understood for a short bit. I am a bad learner, but maybe some people can store some info like that xD
Jinchuuriki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jinchuuriki » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:49 am

Phew! I think I deserve a beer and some sweets! xD
Jinchuuriki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luxu Rebel » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 am

No way! I was also born with hypermobility syndrome

I used to get teased at school bc as a result i walked very strange (I had extreme intoeing) but now that i can do cool things with my body, people aren’t making fun of me! Plus I’m not an elementary schooler anymore but y’know : P

I also had a surgery to fix my intoeing on one of my feet, and it helped with my walking (i have tibial torsion, all that means is my shinbones/ankles twist inwards) but i can still do cool things!!

oh, and for people who don’t understand, hypermobility syndrome is the exact same thing as being double jointed, it’s just the scientific name (and we’re NOT double jointed! having double joints doesn’t exist, it’s a myth! we can just move super weird!)

but you’re super not alone! hey, out of curiosity, can you make your foot touch your chest and hold it there? or twist it all the way around backwards? I’ve only met one other person who could do it and it was so neat!
ღ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ sᴘᴀᴄᴇ ღ
ɢᴇᴍɪɴɪ|ғᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ|ᴅᴏʀᴋ
ʜɪ, ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɪs ɪsᴀʙᴇʟʟᴀ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʟᴜxᴜ.
ɪ'ᴍ ɪɴ ᴀ ʟᴏᴛ ᴏғ ғᴀɴᴅᴏᴍs
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ.

Lights are OFF
Luxu Rebel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:12 am

Jinchuuriki wrote:

Mad, as in crazy, really crazy, how about you? xD

Loco, como en chalado, muy chalado, ¿y tu? xD

Luxu Rebel wrote:

By "bueno" you mean good, or ok right? In spanish that would be "Bien". Bien can be translated as ok, or for homework for example, correct. Also good in "Im good". Bueno... you can be bueno too, but it means good, as in not evil, or good as in a tasty food xD

(I think a 63 (6.3 in Spain xD) is good, at least for me, I suck at it xD)

"Prometido", "será arreglado hoy", "No es".
I think you mean "promised", "would be fixed today", and "it wasnt".
If you say "prometido" you must add "había", "había prometido" that would translate as "had promised". ("prometido" can be used too but only as an answer to a promise, kinda like "promise to come back tomorrow? Promise". That kind of thing.)

"Será arreglado hoy" translated means "will be repaired/fixed today". Here you are using future, right. But if as I suspect, you meant to say "would be" instead of "will" then you need to use the form "sería". "Sería arreglado hoy" means "would be repaired/fixed today." We can understand "arreglado" as in your teacher correcting the score in the exam, but the correct word would be "correjido" from the verb "correjir" ("correct") so it would end as "Sería correjido hoy" to be 100% correct.

"No es" as in "it wasnt". It means "it isnt" so you need to put it in past form, and the verb would be "estar", so it would be "no estaba" or "no estaba arreglado" so the reader doesnt get lost. "Es" is to be as in "I am Jin", while "estaba" comes from "estar" that is to be too, but for places, as Im "I am here".

And you dont like your teacher, well, we all have people we cant stand, thats common in life xD

I have a friend with hypermobility, and she doesnt like it too much xD
I would advice you to not to give a fu... a da... um... to not to worry about that. Me for example, I didnt even know that illness existed until I mety friend, and I am still not sure of what it does, besides the kinda rubbery moves you can pull, but that doesnt means I make fun of you, or that I dont care or that I think you are ok and are trying to trick me. I just dont know what it is, so I cant really have an opinion. I am stupid, so it applies to me, but not to everyone xD

Lets see, corrections. "hoy ha sido un poco duro día" is correct, but the order is wrong, would be "un dia un poco duro". (Noticed that I added another "un" since I moved "día" next to the verb and it wouldnt sound good. In english, I would be saying "a day a kinda hard" more or less, but... spanish works like that xD
(You could also just say "hoy ha sido un poco duro" and omit "día". That would be like saying "today was hard")

"Really dont understand (it)". You are ommiting the "it" here, right? You are doing the same in spanish, but in this case, since there is a verb, you have to add "lo" (that would be the spanish "it" here) to.make sense. It would end like "realmente no lo entienden".

"que suelen decir" here, the "que" must be killed. "suelen decir" is correct, you dont need "que" since you dont want to say "that" on english. Would be different if you wanted to say "they dont understand, that they say..." then yes, you would use "que" but that would be a whole different meaning to what you said, both in english and spanish.

"no parece enfermo" Well, not much to say here, since it is correct. Just maybe the way of it. For example, when you address someone you know, you can say "how have you been (dude)?" because is someone close to you. Or you can say "how have you been (sir)?" because it is someone you respect, or have to show respect to. Example, elders, military, people you dont know too much (a patient for example).
The second one is more polite.
Same happens here. "no parece enfermo" is the polite form, maybe it is a teacher saying it to you, someone you just meet or so. Your mother for example, would say "no pareces enfermo" since she is closer to you, the less polite way. Since I dont know which one you wanted to use, and both are correct, nothing much to add xD

"así que no parezcan estúpidos pero que obviamente están!" Here is what you meant "well you don't look stupid but you obviously are!" so you would have to say it like this:
"bueno (yet another use for bueno, like well xD) tu no pareces estúpido/tonto/whatever-other-insult pero lo eres claramente!/obviamente!
(I corrected a lot already, and still more to correct, so trust me on this one, even if I dont explain why xD)

--

"Llamó" would be past, as in "he called me". You use "llamo" there. Then "but" would be "pero" and "saber" correct form would be "sé" ("I know")
The rest is correct. But it kinda makes me mad that you say "but" in the first half, then "pero" in the second one. You do know the word then, why use "but"? xD

All the rest is correct.

And Kiyomice, there is, its called internet, but you cant know everything, so you need some time to research after you hear about it. For example, I hear hypermobility, I google it and see what it is, what it does... I will forget 0.2 seconds after, but I understood for a short bit. I am a bad learner, but maybe some people can store some info like that xD

I was typing in on a mobile, and my Droid translates Spanish to English if I don't go through my settings, which I switched once I noticed it.
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby illusion. » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:46 pm

Luxu Rebel wrote:
illusion. wrote:Hola, hoy ha sido un poco duro día, tengo hipermovilidad y algunas personas realmente no entienden, que suelen decir "no parece enfermo" y generalmente lo que pasa por mi cabeza es algo como esto, " así que no parezcan

I used to get teased at school bc as a result i walked very strange (I had extreme intoeing) but now that i can do cool things with my body, people aren’t making fun of me! Plus I’m not an elementary schooler anymore but y’know : P

I also had a surgery to fix my intoeing on one of my feet, and it helped with my walking (i have tibial torsion, all that means is my shinbones/ankles twist inwards) but i can still do cool things!!

oh, and for people who don’t understand, hypermobility syndrome is the exact same thing as being double jointed, it’s just the scientific name (and we’re NOT double jointed! having double joints doesn’t exist, it’s a myth! we can just move super weird!)

but you’re super not alone! hey, out of curiosity, can you make your foot touch your chest and hold it there? or twist it all the way around backwards? I’ve only met one other person who could do it and it was so neat!

hi its nice to hear that I'm not alone, I can make my foot touch my chest but I cant do the other thing. when I'm older I may also have to have surgery on my knee due to the fact that it dislocates around 2-4 times a day. I'm glad that your surgery went well and that it has helped with your walking. I also struggle mentally so some days it gets too much like yesterday, some people commented on my knee brace and my crutches(I have smart crutches which sometimes people think are stupid, I have to use them pretty much everyday unless I'm having a good day.)
and I have always been bullied but some days I just want to crawl into a hole and die. and can I also say thank u for pointing out that double joints are a myth this is so difficult for people to understand. it was really nice to know that I am not alone.
illusion.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jinchuuriki » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:24 am

illusion. wrote:
Luxu Rebel wrote:
illusion. wrote:Hola, hoy ha sido un poco duro día, tengo hipermovilidad y algunas personas realmente no entienden, que suelen decir "no parece enfermo" y generalmente lo que pasa por mi cabeza es algo como esto, " así que no parezcan

hi its nice to hear that I'm not alone, I can make my foot touch my chest but I cant do the other thing. when I'm older I may also have to have surgery on my knee due to the fact that it dislocates around 2-4 times a day. I'm glad that your surgery went well and that it has helped with your walking. I also struggle mentally so some days it gets too much like yesterday, some people commented on my knee brace and my crutches(I have smart crutches which sometimes people think are stupid, I have to use them pretty much everyday unless I'm having a good day.)
and I have always been bullied but some days I just want to crawl into a hole and die. and can I also say thank u for pointing out that double joints are a myth this is so difficult for people to understand. it was really nice to know that I am not alone.

If you take into account the amount of people in the world, there is no way that there is someone "alone" (the unique kind, or rare) in the world. There is always at least a perfect match of ourselves, a doppleganger, and also a whole lot of people having it much better and much worse than us. Internet is a great tool to notice it, so it should be easier to continue moving on. "Eh, at least Im not Milhouse" is my way of living xD

And I didnt knew about those smart clutches thing. I dont know, but if you make the end pointy, it might be good for mountain walks and having free hands. I just... would have tried to.come up with a better name than "Smart Clutches". That guy had no imagination at all xD
(Sadly, I dont either xD)
Jinchuuriki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me