Newbies click here!

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Newbies click here!

Postby Missy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:45 pm

View the help page or FAQ for further information.

THIS TOPIC IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

I'm updating it because some of the information is a little outdated here ;)

Hiya everyone :)

So, you've just started at chicken smoothie, or perhaps you've started a while ago and never quite explored the forums. Well, you've come to the right place, I can guarantee this will help get you on your feet!

1. The pound-
The most common questions asked usually involve the pound; for example are pound pets rare? or does the pound ever open? Yes, the pound does open, although there is no set time so you'll catch it at random times of the day. And you can find rares, rares from months ago! But mostly they're just common pets, so have a look and adopt fast because the pets go fast.

After you have adopted from the pound, you will be cut off from it and will not be able to adopt from it until 24 hours has passed, whether it is open or closed. The pound can be found on the homepage, but I have also included a link here.

2. The forums-
Well, as this may be your first time on the forums, I highly recommend you explore them. Really, they're not that scary even though they may seem big. You can make a thread or post in a pre-created one; there are buttons at the top and bottom of each page on the forums for this. Inside you'll find several topics, ranging from roleplaying to questions to adoptions. Go on, make your opinions heard and give a thread a post. You may even make some friends or get some art!

At the top of each forum page is Totoro, and right of her is a large banner saying "CS Forum". Click there to return to the main site. Below her are several tabs, Board index, Search, Member, FAQ and Logout [username]. The first tab (Board index) will take you to our index page and shows all the threads you can explore. The second tab (Search) will show you a search tool, and allows you to type in certain words or phrases that will lead onto posts/thread which people have used those words; it can be helpful when you want to find a certain thread. The third tab (Members) simply shows a list of all the members on chickensmoothie, and is similar to the search if you are looking for a member. After that follows FAQ which is helpful if you're finding difficulties. The final tab (Logout [username]) pretty much speaks for itself, and can be helpful if you need to logout quickly.

You'll also notice several more links beneath those tabs. E.g- Board index < Creativity < Art contests. Clicking on any of these will take you back to that thread. Just another helpful option, especially if you just want to flick through the topics.

Next are some of the most useful and important links. User control panel is great to help you manage all the settings/ect to your needs (see No. 3) and (# new messages) gives you access to the "PM" or "Private Mail" feature. Clicking on this will show your Inbox, list of friends, outbox, sent messages and the option to make a new PM/inbox or manage your draft PMs. You can also modify your PM center, here. The Outbox will show messages you have sent but have not been read, the Sent messages have been sent as well as read, and the Inbox are messages you have been sent. Messages in red have not been opened, and messages in grey have been opened/read. Getting the drift of the PM center is fairly simple and I encourage you to test all of the tabs and make yourself familiar with them.

Continuing on from the (# new messages) we come across a link called View your posts. Clicking that will give you a complete list of every thread/topic you have ever posted in, starting with the most recently posted at the top. If the thread is red, that means someone has posted/bumped up the topic since you last viewed it. As usual, there is a search option and Replies/Views/Last post beside each topic. These are there in case you want more information about the topic, and can come in handy later on.

3. User control panel-

4. Rares-
As you may have noticed in the "CS trades" or "chickensmoothie chat" topics, there are several rare pets out there to collect. Under each of your pets' pictures, there is a small tag commenting on their rarity. "Uncommon", "rare", "common" are some of the signs you may see. At first newborns don't have a rarity but they will get one when they grow up. Save your extras and trade them in later months, because pets gain rarity the longer you have them. It's a good idea to research rarity, here is an index of all the guides to getting pets, what they are worth, ect. The last thing you want is to get ripped off in a trade (like me D:).

5. Wishlist and archive-

Making a wishlist is also one of the smartest things to do, which can help you avoid trading for pets you already have as well as tracking down those you don't. It only takes a few minutes to make a wishlist, and can save you a lot of trouble in future. Here is the place to make one; I highly advise you do!

OLD GUIDE

[size=150]Hello everyone! :D

Today I am here to help out some newbies. As you are new to this site, your probably wondering about alot of things. Can my pets die? What is Roleplay? Where do you get the bunnies??? I WANT BUNNIES! Ok, ok, Don't bombard me with questions! Here are just 10 helpful hints that should get your collection of to a flying start.
;) Oh and I hope this counts as an introduction (because it is in that section) so hi, I'm chooky!

1. Pets-
If you want to get a large pet collection then you better start saving, now! Adopt as many pets as you can and if there are any new/special pets, adopt them to. Soon you'll have a lot of pets, and even if you don't want them or have extras just keep them. In the future you'l be able to trade them with others (your extra pets).

2. Organization-
So now your wondering, ok I have spiders, dogs, a scribble, some bunnies and that thing. How do I know which are for trade? Or which is my favourite? Or which I don't need? Well the answer is quite simple. Just go to the bottom of the page (when viewing your pets) and there should be some writing, though you'll probably have to scroll over it, that says "Make groups for my pets". So make the groups to your liking, eg.--- Cats '09, TRADES, My favs (never for trade!!), Spotted pets, ECT. This should help with keeping track of them.

3. Pound-
So you dont have many pets, eh? Or they STILL havn't grown! Well not to worry, the pound is here! Ok, go to the side bar and you should see it. In my times zone it opens at night but we're all differnt so keep checking back. It opens at least once a day (trust me) so stop whinning that its never open :roll:

4. Trades-
Trading is an important part of completing your colection. Usually on the forums there are plenty of people wanting to trade, and if you've organised your pets into a trades group, then go ahead and trade! Be careful though, because sometimes people might offer you many pets, even though the pet they want from you is rarer! And I would suggest if you want to trade, offer to them. Or if they offer to you, do some research. :)

5. PM-
I always thought it stood for Pet mail, but apparentally it stands for Private mail. Anyway, in a persons profile or mini profile (like mine, on the right of this page) it should have a picture , their user name, some other info and a little PM link. Technically its just "PM". You can compose a message to them and have a chat.
6. Freebies-
In the free adoptions section, there are several pets for free. Just post a message, follow the rule according to the user running this program and pick a nice pet! I would suggest (if the user hasn't set a number of pets you can adopt a day) to adopt 1-2 pets. Try to get pets you don't have and the older pets. Steer clear of 2nd gens, warriors and butterfly wolves; These are usally pets you can get anytime, without having to trade.

7. Forums-
Browse the forum. This has lots of things you may be intrested in, such as sharing art, making trades, roleplaying, chating about stuff in general, ect. Find people who want to debate about things you're passionate about. Ask questions, someone is most likely in your situtation.

8. Avoid-
Ok here are some things I think you should avoid. Begging (see below), insulting other members, trading pets that you haven't researched rarity, stealing art of any kind from anyone, stiring trouble and anooying people.

9. Begging-
"Dey write lik this + LOL omg ur my bestie an plz plz plz giv me ur pets casuse i gave u my fav and i thought ur my friend and i relly need tat pet casue my BF is gona dump me cause i dont hav any cool pets!! PLZ PLZ i need---"

I have had people say this stuff to me, wanting my precious pets. I would just (and I do) cancel the trade. This isn't the main form of begging though. Its just a type. More commonly people make topics that say things like "Will take pets for free" or "Unwanted pets" where they ask you to give your pets to them. DO NOT give them your pets, just remind them it is against the rules. If you want free pets, the FREE adoptions forum is where you go. :lol: Don't worry though, we all make mistakes.

10. Role play-
Wow I never knew roleplay was so cool. I guess everyone is differnt though. Anyway roleplay is basically having a character and playing along with other people's, sort of like making a story. There are several rules to roleplay, but there are differnt types to suit everyon.! Dragons, wolves, cats, ect! Go have a try, especially if you like writing.

Ok, thats it everyone! So go on and start your collection, make some friends, score a bargin trade, dress up your pets (poor things :lol: I dressed mine in bunny ears! ) and just have fun!

If you have any questions about anything on Chicken smoothie, feel free to post or PM me.
Thanks,
~ chooky ~
Last edited by Missy on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 15 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
Missy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Newbies click here!!!

Postby _Luna_ » Wed May 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks for all the help, but I have 1 question.
Sometimes, by a pet, it will say: adoption limit: 10 or something like that. What does it mean?
_Luna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Missy » Wed May 27, 2009 6:42 pm

_Luna_ wrote:Thanks for all the help, but I have 1 question.
Sometimes, by a pet, it will say: adoption limit: 10 or something like that. What does it mean?

It means you can only adopt 10. This makes it fair and a challenge, too. If there was no adoption limit people could adopt so many that the rare pets wouldn't be rare (everyone would have them).

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 15 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
Missy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sassette » Fri May 29, 2009 3:16 pm

Please notice the stars when reading, the definitions in each case is shown at the bottom of this reply.

chookychick wrote:
_Luna_ wrote:Thanks for all the help, but I have 1 question.

It means you can only adopt 10. This makes it fair and a challenge, too. If there was no adoption limit people could adopt so many that the rare pets wouldn't be rare (everyone would have them).

I don't get all of the details, but what ChookyChick said makes sence. Smurfing* a ton of pets is like having the world be made of diamonds. If the world was made of diamonds, it would not be smurfy** at all. If we could get infinate pets, rares would not be rare anymore.

*: In this case, it means "to get."
**: In this case, it means "amazing," or "nice."
I am Sassette. If you call me Sassy, then I will NOT be happy. Grandpa Smurf calls me Sassy and I don't like it. My CSW (Chicken Smoothie World) job is farmer/merchant.

My Smoogle!

Pet's name: Fluffy
Owner's name: Sassette

Click HERE for a cool job!

Click here for a video about ME, Sassette, and how I came to Smurf Village!
Sassette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A i » Sat May 30, 2009 8:03 am

hye~
i have a few questions too..just to make sure..
so if i adopt like 10 same pets (for example), and theres a chance that one is rare right?..
by that, does this means to all pets? ( except warrior cats? )

a tiny bit confused here, which pets can come out as rare..

and what are Malk's Adoptables ,Nick's pets ..who are they?..will those have a chance to be rare too?
Pet's name: "i will love you till i die..."
A i

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Missy » Sat May 30, 2009 10:53 am

Aimiko wrote:hye~
i have a few questions too..just to make sure..
so if i adopt like 10 same pets (for example), and theres a chance that one is rare right?..
by that, does this means to all pets? ( except warrior cats? )

a tiny bit confused here, which pets can come out as rare..

and what are Malk's Adoptables ,Nick's pets ..who are they?..will those have a chance to be rare too?

Yes a definte chance! Warriors and most butterfly wolves have the same outcome and are not rare (except butterwolves that have multiple outcomes). Nick's, Malk's and ponies do have multiple outcomes so you can get a rare. Some 2nd gens are rarer than others, but you'l most likley get them all ;). And rats have multiple outcomes.

Also, may I add; pets are rare depenging on the chance of geting one each month (e.g joker, nick PPS) or depending on how old they are (julys, august, ect)

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 15 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
Missy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A i » Sat May 30, 2009 11:00 am

aahaaa...thankyou for making it so clear for me ^-^
well, every pets looks like rare to me, as for now haha XD
so, is there any thread which show a list of monthly pets or rares or something?
i would search it myself but it take a few minutes to load a page..i wonder why this only happen in this site, the other sites are doing fine to me...

edit : uu, i actually have one more question if u dont mind >3<;
do these pets, all of them, changes every month? :3
Last edited by A i on Sat May 30, 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
A i

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Missy » Sat May 30, 2009 11:05 am

oops I just PMed you incase you wouldn't see this :lol:. Yeah alover the fourm people show rare pets, let me go get you a link for one.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2631 this is the 2008 guide.

I can pretty much cover 2009;

-Bunnies that are egg hunt (coloured brightly, usually like Chickensmoothie dog designs) are rare, depending on the bunny (joker and unreleased butterfly wolf are the rarest)
-Any grining pups, (purple, blue, orange, green, pink, and another colour) are rare and sought after
-Most malks and nicks aren't rare (other than nick PPS)
-Valentines ae common, but there is alot of them to collect
-Some dogs from each month are rarer than others, so you figure that bit out ;)

Okay I suggest, research a trade before you accept. You should be fine and there is a thread that you can post trade (someone will answer asap!) in the chickesmoothie chat section
Last edited by Missy on Sat May 30, 2009 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 15 people.
I have received 9 gifts.
Missy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A i » Sat May 30, 2009 11:09 am

heehe, its okay, i dont mind at all!~ infact, that was my first pm, yay~ XD

thankyouu~ >3<

edit : ahh, i've seen some of the items u mentioned~ like the valentines pets and bunnies ^^
thankyou for helping me, i owe u bigg time! >;P
i look at the thread a bit later, need to shut down the computer..either something is wrong with net or the computer, its taking too long to load a page >.<
see ya~
Last edited by A i on Sat May 30, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
A i

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Missy » Sat May 30, 2009 11:23 am

ok ^^ your welcome