Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby #Friesian » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:32 am

Username: #Friesian
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): English and a tiny bit of Latin but I don't think that'll help since no one speaks Latin anymore ^^
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I've adopted a newbie before, and I helped them with some things that they asked about
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've already adopted a newbie (not a reason, just throwing that out there), and it was great, being able to help someone new to CS figure out everything. I also like helping people, and it just feels nice to be able to help someone in something that I already know how to do.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Usually Monday through Friday, sometimes on the weekends, usually from 15 minutes to whenever.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): At most 2, 1 is fine though ^^
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!
Last edited by #Friesian on Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
#Friesian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TomBoyCOOLCH13 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:50 am

Spencer Reid wrote:
TomBoyCOOLCH13 wrote:Username: TomBoyCOOLCH13
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English and prefer it
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I had friends on another game they suggested it to me and said they would take me under their wing but they have not done so and have tried to take my "good pets" from me
What do you like best so far?: I love the art here and how kind people are to new people :3
Any questions?: I don't know how to code or set rules or what slang terms mean here and I don't know rares or even how to trade at all. I usually have to buy my pets with C$ which is really annoying and bad. Please may I also have help in the art area? I need help understanding how to use it to the best of my ability. Please help I would be forever grateful if someone can take the time to thoroughly help me

As for slang terms, here's a quick guide:
PPS - Peter Pan Syndrome, the pet will stay in child form forever
NFT - Not for trade
NEFT - Never ever for trade
OOC - out of context/out of character, A thread that's usually connected to a roleplay, usually where forms are posted and the roleplayers can chat about the roleplay
A lot of the rest is text lingo.
I'll send you a trade that's pretty fair, so you can see.
As for coding, there are buttons at the top of the text editor that will help you out. This is what the coding look like:
Code: Select all
[b]Bold[/b]
[i]italics[/i]
[u]underlined[/u]
[strike]strikethrough[/strike]
[code]A code box like this![/code]
[quote=name, like seriously, any name]a quote box like the one above[/quote]

If you can't wait to be assigned an adopter, feel free to pm me with questions about trades or coding or anything else. Oekaki is difficult to summarize, but if you have specific questions, there are plenty of people who would be happy to help you.

Thank you so much :3 I'll keep hoping for an adoptee but if I need help I'll ask :D
TomBoyCOOLCH13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Holly_playz » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:35 am

Username:Holly_playz
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:English is my first languege
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:i really like it i wanted to join flight rising but i have to wait ages for welcome week so i chose sc
What do you like best so far?:trading is amazing
Any questions?:can you breed animals
Looking for any type of foxes expect for the newer ones as I nearly have all of them.
<3 Holly
Holly_playz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Idoadoreyou » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:36 am

Username: idoadoreyou
Languages: I speak English fluently and Spanish, but I prefer to speak English cause my Spanish is a little un practiced at the moment
How You Found Chicken Smoothie: someone on a facebook group reccomended it
What You Like Best So Far: Its cute
Any Questions?: I have like no clue how you get rares, I also am pretty confused on how to find people to trade with
Last edited by Idoadoreyou on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Idoadoreyou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zing » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Username: okeke
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): i can actually speak arabic and i can read it, i may have trouble writing though. but english will always be my first language.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: there are way too many, so let's try linking to a few. :") x x x
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: aaa i'm patient with those who choose to listen, and i'd be more than happy to lend a helping hand. i understand how it is when you're lost in a new gaming world with different rules and concepts.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: every day, around 1-3 hours of my time is dedicated to cs each day.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): i think i can cope with 2-3 :>
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: of course~
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: that's what i signed up for haha yes!
xxxxxxxxlia - she/her
just ur average tired college student
!! be kind always. <3

zing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CC-chips108 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Username: CC-chips108
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have but only in trade messages and pms and I don’t believe I can link to them but I have helped people about many things like lists and more.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Because I am helpful and try to be helpful to as many people that ask as I can.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on as often as I can! I usually go on and off but for an hour on and off in total sometimes more.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yep
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes!

I helped my newbie and would like to get added to the bottom of the list :)
╔═════════════════════════════════════╗
Hi, I am CC-chips108 and I love Music, drawing
and roller skating. Here are some pictures of my
adorable dog, Cody. My DeviantArt Cʀᴇᴅɪᴛ
╚═════════════════════════════════════╝
CC-chips108

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡cιтʏℓισи♡ » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:49 am

Username: CityLion

If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: N/A (I'm fluent ;>)

How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: To be honest, I have no clue. The Internet?

What do you like best so far?: The forums, I guess? I'd like to be more active and make some friends despite my inability to make casual conversation. I'm essentially the human embodiment of a bad dad joke.

Any questions?: Coding? AhapleasehelpmeIamsuchalostcause.

Thank you! I greatly appreciate the help!

I proof read this way too many times.
Minimalist.
♡cιтʏℓισи♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrincessAlexis » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:16 am

Username: PrincessAlexis
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I am only fluent in English
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Not that I can think of, this was the first time I considered volunteering
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have been on the site for many years so I am very accustomed to most of the features, and have a decent idea of how to do things such as posting in the forums, dressups, trades, and event participation and strategy.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I go on every day, and currently check multiple times a day for up to a few hours. My time zone may be different from most users, however, as I am in Egypt.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): Two
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes I am hoping that by helping new members I may make new friends. =)

Egyptian Razorbacks!
NEW Artist Search ☆ Temporary Hiatus ☆ Our Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageCheck Out My Characters! =)

☆ ☆ ☆ ImageImage Image☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for an artist to design a ribbon / rosette base for the Egyptian Razorbacks closed-species competitions. Willing to pay well depending on your skill level. Please PM me with examples of your work.
PrincessAlexis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wet rat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:42 pm

How do you get rare pets?
=
wet rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Newbies

Postby Aristia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:56 am

Username: Aristia
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Someone suggested it to me
What do you like best so far?: The fact you get to watch your pets grow up ^-^
Any questions?: Not now, but there will definitely be some in the future :')
Aristia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me