Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby BlingBling » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:44 am

Username:
Camillion
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
I'm very patient and would love to help in any way I can. I have quite a bit of experience on this site and would love to pass my wisdom on to the newer users
Why do you want to?:
I knew nothing as a newbie, so I don't want that to happen to others. Also, I'm sure that it will be fun
Are you going to help them whenever they need it?:
Of course

Why didn't I find this sooner?

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:18 am

Great to have a couple of newbies that need adopting! I'll update the list and will PM the newbies about who will be helping them!
And, as always, questions are always welcome in this thread.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kess » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:25 am

Hello, I would just like to request that I don't recieve a newbie until the 25th of March as I will be unable to access CS until then. :)
My name is Kess! Been around a long time and I still love my CS pets!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Kess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Kaley- » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:43 am

thunderofthedrum wrote:Great to have a couple of newbies that need adopting! I'll update the list and will PM the newbies about who will be helping them!
And, as always, questions are always welcome in this thread.

Yeah, I'm glad that they came! :) Is it okay if I PM new members and tell them about this thread?
-Kaley-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rennix velire » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Username: ~Sciklla Silos~
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: Because I know how things go around here, have experience, and am mature and patient enough to do the job, even on my womanly days ;p
Why do you want to?: Well, why not~? I'm always open for more things to do, and it looks like a good idea. I also like the thought of "adopting" a newbie ;p
Are you going to help them whenever they need it?: If not, why would I even be here~?
"It was the day after our anniversary. I had a dull sense of pressure in my head. It felt like I was surrounded."

rennix velire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scourgeblood <3 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Username:scourgeblood <3
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:I want to be able to adopt a newbie because I know how they feel.They are left alone on CS, feeling left out and lost about everything, like I was when I was a newbie.But then I met two very good friends who took me under their wing and helped me through CS, and I got through it and got to like it over time =) I want to give to a newbie what I got.A friend.
Why do you want to?:Because I know what it is like to be them!Lost in a world of forums,trades,pets,friends,foes, and just p-lain confusion!I want to help out newbies and make more and new friends on CS! I would really like to help :D
Are you going to help them whenever they need it?:You betcha!I'll help them with whatever they need.Whether its pets,trades,forms,wishlists, or mods, I'll help them!

(P.S. How will I know what newbie I am helping?)
Last edited by scourgeblood <3 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Hi there! My name's Thirteen!
If you have roleplays you
want people to join, PM
me! I'm recently getting back
into roleplaying!
I like animal and humanoid
roleplays, but PM me any.
I also love trades, so send away!

Instagram Viperclan

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

scourgeblood <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meu » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:17 am

I wanted to know, when we are assigned a newbie, will we be PM'ed or just have to check back for the updated list?
ImageImage
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Meu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sirène » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:08 am

Username: Smoothie Kitten
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: i used to have an account in 2010. ntil i lost my password. i know my rarity's well.
Why do you want to?: i love to help people on CS. i have helped one before. i thinks it is nice to be able to teach newbie's and if possible maybe make some new friends.
Are you going to help them whenever they need it?: of Course! =) well, unless i'm not online XD
Last edited by sirène on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
she/her pronouns infp canadian bisexual

sirène

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdana » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:11 am

Username: Verdana
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I have been here since 2009, and have made my fair share of mistakes. I'm an older user, but not creepily old. I am patient, active, and love helping others. I think that I'd be able to advise a younger user very well, and would honestly enjoy doing it.
Why do you want to?: I was a newbie once, and I made a lot of foolish mistakes. However, I was also advised by a lot of kind users, and didn't realise their wisdom until much later. I want to make sure that other users don't make the mistakes that I did, but also that they have as much fun here as I do.
Are you going to help them whenever they need it?: Of course! Anyone and everyone.
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:11 am

Username: rainbowpanda101

Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?

Chickensmoothie is my absolute favorite website. I am on here almost every day for hours at a time, unless I'm sick. Even while I'm surfing the Internet on other websites, I have CS open in a separate tab just so I can refresh it occasionally and see if I've been messaged, gotten a trade, or if someone has posted in the numerous threads I've posted in. I have been a member since mid-2010. I know my rarities fairly well, though I do admit that some trades may stump me if they have too many pets in them or they are high demand pets that aren't on the Rares list guide. But I do know the basics and understand dates and species matter. I'm also very friendly, love answering questions, and even have a little experience helping people out because I've had random strangers PM me asking questions about various topics. I'm fairly certain I can explain about the forums, auctions, rarities, roleplays, and rules of CS. If I can't answer a question right off the bat, I will find a way to get the answer.

Why do you want to?

Simple - I love helping people!

I remember what it was like to be a newbie on CS. It can be intimidating trying to maneuver CS when you know absolutely nothing about it. When I was new, I would have loved to have someone show me around the website because I wouldn't have had to blunder around on my own. Since joining, I've had my fair share of run-ins with some not-so-nice members, but I've made far more friends and wonderful acquaintances. I want to show new members of CS that we're a great community.

Are you going to help them whenever they need it?

Unless something really important comes up, I usually reply to PMs as soon as I read them. Occasionally I won't have a chance to write a full PM, so I'll send a quick note saying that I will reply when I get a chance. For the most part I should be able to help a newbie whenever they call upon me.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
female
Pisces
she/her/they/them
American
adult

ART SHOP

FURSONA

TOYHOUSE