Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Watermelonfruit » Wed May 30, 2018 9:11 am

Username:
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Only english :(
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Not really
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I know the ups and downs. :)
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: like 24/7 only gone when im at school.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 2
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yup.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course.
Watermelonfruit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chasezer4life » Thu May 31, 2018 2:24 pm

Username: QueenofShadows
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Just English
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: No :(
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have plenty of time available on my hands to help out the newbie I adopt, and I can be pretty patient if I try, which I will
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online these days?: It varies depending on whether it’s during my week or on my weekend, because of school. On weekends, I can be on a lot longer than Monday-Friday
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 5
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Abolsutely
chasezer4life

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:03 am

Thread Update

Forgive my tardiness on this one - I've been pretty busy with university exams and preparing for them this month. If anything looks off in this update please PM me.

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
  • Adopters must have an account of at least one year of age. Under-age adopters can apply, but you will need to refer to the front page and re-read the adopters section for the details on how to do so.
  • Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> Celozon & AquilaFuga

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.
x
x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hi! Call me Aquila.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
v
x
AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rui_blui » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:10 am

Username: Shelby3
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English :3
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I was looking at some cool drawings online when I clicked on one because I really liked it. It led me to CS!
What do you like best so far?: I've always liked these kind of games. I used to play Ovipets a lot.
Any questions?: A lot of the rarities and different kinds of things are a little confusing. And I have no idea what a 'paper clip challenge' is.
Heyo! You can call me Rui :] I'm just your friendly neighborhood otter dragon

rui_blui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:31 am

I have an announcement to make concerning the future of AAN. I'm not much for long speeches, and I won't go into too much detail, but as this thread has been approaching 900 pages, and would need to be remade soon, I was re-evaluating AAN and considering if any major changes should be made in the process of the thread being re-created.

As such, I'm happy to announce AquilaFuga will be the new owner of AAN! I will be stepping down as owner and Aquila will be taking my place. She's done so much for the thread since she first joined our team here in 2013. Shes put a lot of hard work into AAN and I know she'll do a great job as owner.

When the thread is re-made, Aquila will be the thread owner and will from that point forward be in charge of AAN. I will not retain any ownership, though I'll still be around and you'll probably see me on the new thread.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopt a Newbie - Announcment bottom of pg 883

Postby Valtikka » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:36 am

Hello, I am still a newbie and I was wondering where do I post to get adopted? ^^ Thank you so much for any help!
Vielleicht eines Tages, seh' ich dich Lächeln in den Armen von Jemanden, der dich liebt, wie ich dich.
Valtikka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TyrannosaurusWreck » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:38 am

Liechy wrote:Hello, I am still a newbie and I was wondering where do I post to get adopted? ^^ Thank you so much for any help!

The form is on the front page of the thread, on the second post! Just fill it out and post it here and a moderator of the thread will assign you to an adopter soon I believe :>
╔═══════════════════╗

╚═══════════════════╝

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxhi, im red. im an idiot
xxxxwhos just trying their best.
xxxi like video games, drawing,
xxxxxxxand gifting people.
xxxinsects deserve more love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxImageImage
xxxxxxxxxx
x i want to be a paleontologist
x when i grow up! my dreamies
xxx are: UR flower, UR bee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TyrannosaurusWreck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:04 am

A final post here from me - firstly:
Shelby3 has been assigned Izzyayg
Liechy has been assigned FerrousFarron (since we're about to move threads it's easier to assign you an adopter right away!)

As Cel mentioned, I'll be taking over the running of AAN from now on. Cel's leadership has been absolutely wonderful for the past I-don't-even-know-how-many-years, and without their vision for this project, I doubt we'd be here with a nearly 900 page thread at all. The thread has thrived with Cel at the helm, and I'm confident that it will continue to do so.
That being said...

[still doing a bit of cleaning up, but it's serviceable I swear]

This thread will be locked soon-ish. Please post all forms/etc on the new thread from now on and we will go from there! See my most recent post on the new thread for a brief run-down of a couple of changes that have been made during this transition and some fun update-y stuff.

Last bumped by Celozon on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:04 am.
x
x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hi! Call me Aquila.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
v
x
AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items