The General Helpers

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: The General Helpers

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:13 pm

mercurialmyriad wrote:How do you collect stamps?

Some stamps appear automatically on your account, but as you participate in more events with us you will be able to get more! Stamps come from events though, so you'll have to stick with us for a while to start building you collection. c;
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Safarian » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:49 am

How do I add an image to my signature?
Eyo

I'm Safarian

Just here casually

I like birds 'n stuff, I guess

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Safarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby panaceatthedisco » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:23 pm

I just started actually using my account that I mad awhile ago. This website is sooooo cool still a little confused on how things work but I'm figuring it out :D :D :D
Welcome to my account if you give me a dragon I will love you forever <3
panaceatthedisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the skater » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:12 am

what does ur stand for
I love skateboarding and im pretty good!
the skater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:44 am

the skater wrote:what does ur stand for

"UR" is short for "unreleased", and is a term people here use for a certain kind of special release pet.

Every year during the 18th day of our advent calendar event, there is a special gift for users to adopt from.
    Unlike all the other advent gifts, it doesn't contain new event pets for the season. Instead, adopting the present will give you a number of pets that were originally released in previous years.
    For example, you could end up adopting a July 2009 dog that way, or a horse from 2011... you get the idea^^
    The pets you get from this gift are usually old and valuable,so a lot of people get very excited for this day as it is.

But old pets aren't the only possible outcomes from this box.
    While most of the pets you might get from it have been previously released as monthlies or during events, there are special pets that are only available each year on the 18th, through this very gift. They have never been released outside of it on any other day.
    Those are what we call UR pets.
    The chance to get one of them is very slim due to how many different pets are available, so that makes them very rare and valuable.

You can find the UR pets under each year's "special release" tab. Not all pets in that tab are actually UR pets (the 2009 zebras, 2008 cake dogs, 2008 palomino horse and 2009 malk dragon are not), but most of them are.
    New UR pets get added every year, but old ones will still be a possible outcome each December 18th.

I hope that explains it a bit^^

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainmaker » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:22 am

Could someone please tell me what a COPPA player is
FRMSLD
━━━━(bughead-stan)━━━━━━
Hi! I'm bughead-stan, but you can call me
Jasmin! I used to be mrs. spaghetti,
and I'm currently obsessed with
Riverdale and Supernatural, and love
trading and playing lioden! PM me
anytime, or send trades, I love to
talk to new people!
rainmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:40 am

lonelyflower22 wrote:Could someone please tell me what a COPPA player is

"COPPA" stands for "Childrens' Online Privacy Protection Act", and is a US law concerned with, well, exactly what it says - protecting the privacy of children under 13 as they use the Internet.
    It is mainly designed to prevent them from giving away sensitive details about themselves, to ensure their safety.
    (Ever wondered why many websites, such as most social media, require you to be 13+? This law is a big reason why.)

Here on CS, COPPA users (that being children living in the US who are younger than 13 years, or children whose parents requested their accounts to be put under the protection) cannot post on most forums, send trade messages or PMs, and cannot customize their profiles, among other things.
    They can communicate in trades through pre-written messages, however, and can use avatars from our avatar gallery and set their stamp collection as a signature.
    They can also post on a number of boards (Oekaki, Dress-Up challenge), though all their posts need to be reviewed by a moderator first to ensure they don't contain personal information.

You can find more in-depth information on COPPA here, and we have a CS-specific guide here.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:05 am

By the rules I've read on here, it seems you are not supposed to use any images straight off google or other sites. Am I correct? Does this mean I can only use royalty free images for my signature? Or does this only apply for creating art in the Oekaki?

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:40 am

King Kakashi wrote:
      By the rules I've read on here, it seems you are not supposed to use any images straight off google or other sites. Am I correct? Does this mean I can only use royalty free images for my signature? Or does this only apply for creating art in the Oekaki?

Our art and image sharing rules apply to any and all content posted on CS, not just the Oekaki.

If you wish to use someone else's art (including photography), you will need to ensure that the artist has given permission to do so.
    The pictures you find on google belong to all kinds of different artists, and they will have different rules on whether or not (and how) others are allowed to repost and use their images.
    Many artists will have information on the use of their work somewhere on their page, but if you cannot find anything, you're best off either contacting them to ask, or moving on to find different images alltogether.

As long as you are willing and able to follow an artist's rules on the use of their work, you can do so without issues on our end - the only restriction we have is that if you are going to link somewhere (ex. an artist's website), the content of the linked site has to be child friendly still to comply with our rules.

Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:01 am

ZΕL wrote:
King Kakashi wrote:

Our art and image sharing rules apply to any and all content posted on CS, not just the Oekaki.

If you wish to use someone else's art (including photography), you will need to ensure that the artist has given permission to do so.
    The pictures you find on google belong to all kinds of different artists, and they will have different rules on whether or not (and how) others are allowed to repost and use their images.
    Many artists will have information on the use of their work somewhere on their page, but if you cannot find anything, you're best off either contacting them to ask, or moving on to find different images alltogether.

As long as you are willing and able to follow an artist's rules on the use of their work, you can do so without issues on our end - the only restriction we have is that if you are going to link somewhere (ex. an artist's website), the content of the linked site has to be child friendly still to comply with our rules.

Thank you so much for this, ZEL! It clears all my confusion up!

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items