The General Helpers

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: The General Helpers

Postby Shinryu » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:17 pm

Moonlit Walrus wrote:how do you code and make your posts look nice? Because im making a Warriors Trinity RP, and i wnat it to look nice so more people come

If you wanna learn a bit more about how to fancy up your posts with BBCode I can strongly recommend taking a look at this thread. It offers a lot of tutorials and resources!
    If you feel like you still need some help with basic stuff, there's also a beginner's guide to BBCode here c:

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sakurachan4life » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi I'm also new, I'm not sure what to do and the PM doesn't work for me what do I do :(
Sakurachan~
Sakurachan4life

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:56 pm

Sakurachan4life wrote:Hi I'm also new, I'm not sure what to do and the PM doesn't work for me what do I do :(

Heya, welcome to CS! c:
    On here, when users first register, they are sorted into a "Newly Registered Users" group, which only has limited posting and messaging abilities. It's a safety measure for us to filter out spammers and the like, and keep them from accessing the message systems.
    Once your first forum post has been approved, you will be able to message people freely, and also won't need to wait for approval on your posts any more. Since this has happened for you now, you should be able to PM people.
    I hope that explains it^^

As for what to do on here in general:
    If you feel like you could still use some guidance finding your way around the site, these links might be helpful c:
    Newbie Guide
    Rule Index & FAQ
    "Must Read" topics
    Guide Index

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goffica » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi I was commenting on a forum post and when i posted it words got added to my post I didn't use it in the last comment i posted or anythin does anybody know whats up? ( I wasnt sure where to go if theres a better place link me to it!)
    =═══====˚⚢*.·.·:*:.·:·⚢.·:·*·.·.☽✧ 👁️ ✧☾.·.*:·.:.⚢:·.*·:.*.·.*⚢˚====═══=

ImageImage
    𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐓𝐲𝐩𝐞 𝟎 𝐍𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞,
    𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐱𝐬𝐢𝐞
    𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞!!
    ImageImage
    𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐫𝐭
    𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐦 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠
    𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐮𝐩 :)

ImageImage
    нι! ι'м Image!
    𝕴 𝖌𝖔 𝖇𝓎 𝖘𝖍𝖊/𝖙𝖍𝖊𝓎!
    ɪᴛs sᴏ ᴀᴡᴇsᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ! ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʟᴏᴜᴅ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ, ᴀʟᴛ ғᴀsʜɪᴏɴ, & ᴄᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ! ɪ'ᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs :)
    𝕷𝖊𝖙𝖘 𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖐 𝖆𝖇𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖋𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖈𝖔𝖔𝖑 𝖒𝖔𝖛𝖎𝖊𝖘 𝖙𝖔𝖌𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 :>

Goffica

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:46 pm

JackyKa wrote:Hi I was commenting on a forum post and when i posted it words got added to my post I didn't use it in the last comment i posted or anythin does anybody know whats up? ( I wasnt sure where to go if theres a better place link me to it!)

Heya;
    CS likes to use the forum's word censor function to replace some words as part of the annual april fool's prank.
    You can turn off the word filter in your account settings, like this:
    Your words haven't actually been changed, it's just the way they're displayed to people based on their settings.
    Usually the word filter just censors swear words, but today is a little different ^^

Shinryu

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Tue May 09, 2017 12:02 am

Hey guys C: I'm Leia! I was hanging around this thread because I was introducing new members to Chicken Smoothie, telling them about the Newbie Guide index, The Must-read topics for Newbies, FAQ and more. My absolute dream and goal is to become a General Helper, and so I looked here to really meet the General Helpers. You guys all seem really nice and approachable, knowledgeable and trustworthy. I would love to become a General Helper c: Ever since I first joined CS, I did, actually. I've always loved helping people and making new friends! <3 Thanks C:

~Have a great day everyone <3
    leah
    australia
    she/her
    talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
    leiawolfe

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby AshinGray » Tue May 09, 2017 3:20 am

Why are dates so important? I don't understand why.
    AshinGray

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Nolan » Wed May 10, 2017 8:10 am

AshinGray wrote:Why are dates so important? I don't understand why.

Do you mean dates for when a pet was adopted? There's a few reasons why.

Dates are important when trading pets because of value. The older something is, the more valuable it is. It's unfair for someone to trade one of the most recent pets for a pet that came out four years ago. There's just less of the older pet out there, which increases its value. This is seen in many other things, like trading cards. Cards from recent sets are going to be less valuable than cards that were released when the game was first released, for example.

As for people who care about "true date" pets, that's a personal preference. They'd rather have the pet from when it was actually released compared to a rerelease.
    Nolan

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby always bored » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:01 am

Thank you once again!
    always bored

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby mystic-snail » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:56 am

I was going to pm but it won't let me yet :P

I recently joined from a friends recommendation and have been loving watching my pets grow and I've become a slave to the Pound. But last adoption I found a pet I thought my friend would really like, a common pps cat, so I gifted it to them and got a really sad pm from the pet afterwards? I can't find any info about it in the rules other than trading fair but my friend has gifted me pets and never got a pm from the traded pet. What happened?
    mystic-snail

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me