Staff Changes Dec 2015

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Staff Changes Dec 2015

Postby Tess » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Changes

Image Image
Yağmur and Saikiyo - the artists of these great pets (and many more) - are changing their role from Oekaki Mods to Official Artists this month! We look forward to seeing many more stunning designs from them both :D

Coalchaser took a break from moderating earlier this year, but now she's ready to come back! Welcome back to the Global Mods team Coalchaser :D

Retirements

Moderators

Metallic Dragon - with a heavy heart we farewell Metallic Dragon (Metta) this month. Metta joined the Global Mods back in 2013. As well as being a dedicated mod cleaning up all kinds of problems in the forum, she was such a friendly and caring addition to the team, and will be sorely missed by us all!

Zoella - Zoella joined the Roleplay Mods back in 2014. Moderating the roleplay boards can be tough work, but as a passionate roleplayer herself, Zoella did a great job mediating problems and organizing the boards. Unfortunately she's been away from CS for many months now, so we're not sure when she's planning to come back and visit.

General Helpers

Sadly we have quite a few retirements to announce, including many of our very longest-serving General Helpers. A lot can change over the years, and many of our helpers have now gone off to college/jobs and don't have as much spare time as they used to!

Our Helpers are some of our most generous members, who dedicate their time to helping new and lost members find their way on Chicken Smoothie. They do this all for no reward, just driven by the generosity in their hearts and their passion for CS! Let's wish them all the very best for the future, and thank them for giving back to the CS community!

Retiring this month from the GH team are:
Serena (a founding member of the original "Newbie Helper" team in 2010)
Sylvia (a founding member of the original "Newbie Helper" team in 2010)
Olivia (joined the Helpers in 2011)
Auroria (joined the Helpers in 2012)
Zephayer (joined the Helpers in 2012)

Olivia had some memories to share which I think many of us can identify with:

Olivia wrote:A few years ago I spent so much time CS; it was a big part of my life. When I think about that impressionable period of pre to early/mid teens, this website comes to mind. I remember spending countless hours adopting pets in October 2008, so much so that I think I was a major reason for the prompt implementation of the adoption limits ha!

This is true, Olivia joined before we had adoption limits on litters. Within a month of joining, Olivia had more pets than anyone else - she had adopted over 10,000 pets! That was in October 2008 when the card pups came out, and the joker dog was supposed to be impossibly rare. When we noticed how many joker pups Olivia had managed to adopt we introduced limits :lol: I guess that's Olivia's legacy. If you're wondering about what happened to her epic collection of card pups - she opened an adoption center to give them all away back in 2008!

Olivia wrote:I remember missing school on December 18th one year so I could work on trading for the new UR pets, welcoming new members on the forums and answering questions through PMs, feverishly searching for banners around the site during the various events, getting that email of welcoming congratulations from you, and getting to know some of the awesome people here. I have countless wonderful memories of this place and its members, including when I got to meet some of you guys in Pittsburgh a few years ago.

When 12 year old Olivia stumbled across a Chicken Smoothie adoptable on another website way back in September 2008, little did she know what her curious click would turn into. A lot has happened in the past seven years and CS has been with me through it all. It has helped me get through some rough times and I have grown up with it. However, Chicken Smoothie has grown up right along with me, having gone through incredible immense changes. I've really enjoyed seeing this website grow and transform into what it is today. You and Nick have done so much and have found so so many great, dedicated people to help you run it.

Time really flies, and that 12 year old kid who explored CS in it's early days is now an adult studying at college! Olivia is retiring so she can focus her time on her studies, but she plans to keep visiting Chicken Smoothie as a member as long as she can find time :) Thanks for sharing your memories with us Olivia!

Please join me in congratulating our new artists, welcoming back Coal to the mod team, and thanking our retiring staff for all their contributions to the CS community! :clap:
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Changes Dec 2015

Postby Dogian » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Congratulation. :D
▼Please click to care them!▼
ImageImage
ImageImage
Have a good & nice day!
Dogian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapiosexual » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:25 pm

good luck to everyone in the future! u v o
sapiosexual

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faraday » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Congrats to the new artists, and it's so sad to see members like Sylvia and Olivia step down. You guys will definitely be missed!
faraday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taylexander Hamilton » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Good luck and welcome back! :)
Taylexander Hamilton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby montmorency » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Congratulations and farewell!
    x𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
    ┌─────────┐

hey, i'm mont! i'm an
    american student who
    likes history and is on
    line sometimes.
    feel free to pm me.
    ───────✪───────
    they/she • adult • cst
    art listo mit

└─────────┘
    x𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐋𝐋
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowWolf~ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:39 pm

Congratulations to Yağmur and Saikiyo on their promotions.
Also a welcome back to a familiar name.
And a hopeful farewell to the retiring mods and GHs.

Many thanks for the time and effort put in by all.
Not as active due to work - On for commissions - PMs will be answered at a later time - Thanks.
...PrinceHoundsStarWarsHindogesXFAQWeasylArtShopPlayStation.
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
ShadowWolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quitting99983 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Aww! I'll miss those guys a lot :(
I remember seeing them around

But welcome back coal and hello to the new artists!
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
xxImage
xImage
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
xxImageImageImage
┌─────────┐

send me budgies.
crazy bird wamen.
art comm = open.
i'm eating salad rn.
give me a pat.
have a good day!

└─────────┘
xxart shopcs servercredit
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
║█║
quitting99983

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Panne » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:48 pm

Ahhh congratulations you two on your new position! Your pets are gorgeous, I really look forward to seeing more of them! And welcome back, Coal! I remember seeing you around a while back as a mod, its great that youve returned!!
Farewell Mettallic and Zoella! I wish you the best in your lives!
Its sad to see all of these old GHs leaving, but life is a sucker xD Its going to be weird not seeing all those names in salmon, but like the retiring staff, I wish you all the best c:

xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! I'm Panne!
Feel free to call me
Pan! I like art and
video games! My
PMs are always open
for chatting or help!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Panne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Congratulations to the new artists! Goodbye everyone who's retired, though I don't know why most of you left, I hope you still have some time to return to this wonderful community you helped build.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me