New Rule for Signatures - Rule is now actively enforced!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: New Rule for Signatures - Everyone Please Read!

Postby m a r m a l a d e » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:54 am

Thank you for adding this rule!! I've seen signatures like this tons of times and it's very annoying because it can be insulting
{\__/}
( • . •)
/ >♥️ u want this?

{\__/}
( • - •)
`| ♥️< \ gimmie ur birth time
m a r m a l a d e

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Rule for Signatures - Rule is now actively enforced!

Postby jellie10 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:43 pm

Good rule. I bet everyone will feel more secure now and be happy with who they are : )
she/they/he
jellie10

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:51 pm

booklover789 wrote:
Aqua.Rose wrote:
    So I have a question...
    If someone dosent support homosexuality you can no longer write that you don't for whatever reason in your signature?
    Honestly, thats a matter of opinion and I don't see why we cant, as long as your not rude about it.
    If supporting homosexuality still remains allowed in signatures then why isn't the other opinion?
    They are both opinions of two groups, I don't see why it cant be stated as something thats actually happening in this world.

I had a similar inquiry that was answered previously. You CAN state that you're pro-traditional marriage, but you CANNOT say that you're anti-homosexual marriage - just like you CAN say you're pro-homosexual marriage, but you CANNOT say you're anti-heterosexual marriage. Basically, you can still state your opinion, but just in a different way than you usually would. :)

Actually, you'd want to sat pro-christen rules for marriage.

Traditional is a loose term, especially considering the fact you got plenty of cultures that had homosexual marriages traditional.
ImageImageImage

Always open to art trades
Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:25 pm

Lady Sif wrote:
booklover789 wrote:
Aqua.Rose wrote:
    So I have a question...
    If someone dosent support homosexuality you can no longer write that you don't for whatever reason in your signature?
    Honestly, thats a matter of opinion and I don't see why we cant, as long as your not rude about it.
    If supporting homosexuality still remains allowed in signatures then why isn't the other opinion?
    They are both opinions of two groups, I don't see why it cant be stated as something thats actually happening in this world.

I had a similar inquiry that was answered previously. You CAN state that you're pro-traditional marriage, but you CANNOT say that you're anti-homosexual marriage - just like you CAN say you're pro-homosexual marriage, but you CANNOT say you're anti-heterosexual marriage. Basically, you can still state your opinion, but just in a different way than you usually would. :)

Actually, you'd want to sat pro-christen rules for marriage.

Traditional is a loose term, especially considering the fact you got plenty of cultures that had homosexual marriages traditional.

According to Merriam Webster, Traditional Marriage means, "1. Anthropology. the primary established form of marriage recognized in a given country or religious or social group at a given time: 'In that culture, traditional marriage requires the families of the future bride and groom to engage in ritual visits and exchange gifts.' 2. Marriage between one man and one woman." Seeing that the second definition according to Merriam Webster clearly states that the term can mean marriage between one man and one woman, it is the term that Aqua.Rose would be best to use, in my opinion. :)

As stated before, I asked the mods questions using this term, and they were perfectly a-okay with it.
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:09 pm

booklover789 wrote:
Lady Sif wrote:Actually, you'd want to sat pro-christen rules for marriage.

According to Merriam Webster, Traditional Marriage means, "1. Anthropology. the primary established form of marriage recognized in a given country or religious or social group at a given time: 'In that culture, traditional marriage requires the families of the future bride and groom to engage in ritual visits and exchange gifts.' 2. Marriage between one man and one woman." Seeing that the second definition according to Merriam Webster clearly states that the term can mean marriage between one man and one woman, it is the term that Aqua.Rose would be best to use, in my opinion. :)

As stated before, I asked the mods questions using this term, and they were perfectly a-okay with it.

I think what Lady Sif is pointing out here is that it is probably best if you do classify specifically what you mean, in this case you would be Pro-Traditional Christian (Catholic?) Marriage, which from how I see it from your pov is Male/Female. It's evident here that your pov of traditional marriage is one that needs a bit more of being specific towards it, so no miss-interpretation is seen and negativity happens because of that; and with traditional marriage as a label, there are other various versions on it as well from all kinds of other cultures.

An example of this is Native American religious culture. It is tradition for them to support their traditional marriage, in the same way you are, however their marriage celebration and laws / rules are preformed the same way no matter who are being married, whether that would be male/male, female/female, male/female etc, where Christianity; from your general belief which would be Catholic or something (Apologies, I am not well informed in general Christian labels,) isn't sharing that pov to the point where it is, again from your pov; banned.

(Other Examples include Wiccan, Conservative and Liberal Jews, Specific parts of Christianity such as Unitarian Universalists and Unitarians, Metropolitan Community Church, United Church of Christ, Liberal Buddhists, Liberal Hindus etc.)

Note: This is more being said so things and other things don't happen and miss-interpretations don't happen. They tend to, end negatively unfortunately for all involved.

Edit: And of course, this remains as a suggestion, not a thing you must do, but it will most likely work favorably for you if you do say this, to save general confusion and such. :)
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby loxfaux » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:09 am

Tess, you're amazing! <3
loxfaux

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CrypticAlpha » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:52 am

This rule is great!!
ImageImageImageImage
CrypticAlpha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xxbluestar62487 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:19 am

Yeah, Thanks for the new rules! Thanks everyone that helps make chicken smoothie a really fun website!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'll remember Brightheart..When I see a scar one someone's face
I'll remember Scourge..When someone's teased for being tiny
I'll remember Heathertail..When someone wants to be 'just friends'
I will think of StarClan..When I am near the end
I'll remember Leafpool..When I must follow my heart
I'll remember Hollyleaf..If I ever fall apart
I'll remember Brambleclaw..When I must prove myself
I'll remember Spottedleaf..When I'm suffering from bad health
I'll remember Lionblaze..When I am feeling strong
I'll remember Tigerstar..If I choose the path that's wrong
I'll remember Dovewing..When I hear of something far away
I'll remember Cloudtail..When a kitten catches their first prey