Recent spamming and foul language

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Recent spamming and foul language

Postby Zyx » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:49 am

I'm starting to think that spammers have reasons to hate sites. Maybe they like picking on people, someone made fun of them here, or any other reason. I have asked spammers before (and I am not kidding) at why they do this. They seem to answer like this;

Code: Select all
Well because they made fun of me and accused me of this! They were unfair and I'm going to get them back!

Or something along those lines. I asked one spammer who said Because I wanted too! and I whooped his butt with stupid words that didn't make sense, or maybe it did. :lol:

And go CS mods! You rule!
Time does strange things to people.
Zyx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitsune-chan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:23 pm

You have a good point, Zyx, I'm sure it's happened before on some other sites that mods have been unfair to some people for whatever reason (though being here for this particular spamming, it REALLY did come from no where o.o).

Though what some people don't understand is that revenge gets you no where. I've been along this road before, and I'm sure other people have too before. Seeking revenge just makes you unhappy. If those users were someone who got thrown out of the chatroom, look at how easy they could say, "Okay" and just move onto another site. There are SO many in this vast world of internet xP Trying to upset members of a community and burden moderators as vengeance just...isn't the way to go..

Notice I said "trying" as none of us seem shaken ^-^
*hugs CS users*
You all have been saying, "Go mods!" but here's to you too! =D

But that's my two cents on spammers xP
Follow me to meet my family! ^-^
Kitsune's Other Adoptables! Valenth, Dragon Cave and Others, Oh My!
Kitsune-chan's Art Thread...Oh noes! Dx
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Major thanks to Kay-chan for the pwnsome Albel and Kitsune dollies! *glomps*
Kitsune-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Samurai! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:00 pm

I hate people who have nothing but time on their hands and decide to spend it by attacking different sites or making computer viruses. It's just lame. I hear what you're saying about them getting insulted and want revenge and all, but that's no excuse to try and ruin innocent people's fun time on the computer at a site they love.
Samurai!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: TESS!!!! IMPORTANT!!!

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:33 pm

[/quote]No ur not, I saw that site this is dead serious! They swore at me when I went on their C-box and wasn't a member the said "The f*** with you and your precious Chickensmoothie" they aren't good people. Tess I'd take down the c-box soon maybe leave your account it'll save you money too. but with the forum if there is like a setting where you can stop people from joining for a bit or something. But really find these peoples ip adresses and ban them if u can do something too much work done here its like trying to end a big site like Google they won't do it as long as ghur around rit tess?[/quote]

Actually there are only about... 3 members who really want to do this. I was going to do it until I relised some of my friends IRL were here. Actually, by going "Oh, we're of to take your 'animals' to the 'kennel'. Your being mean.. *blah blah blah*" is just fueling them on (as well as making us laugh). That site isn't bad. Unlike some of what you think, its actually a nice place Just a few members that can give us a bad impression. As well as people from this site spreading rumours. That actually, they have no right to talk about, because, hey you only read that thread. If I was to judge these forums by reading a bad thread, what would we think?

@ whoever I quoted: You can only IP ban someone if you know their IP adress. Which you don't.

Postby Druid » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:35 pm

About 7-8 people said they would do it, but alot are against it too.

BTW, was that you Ember?
Pet's name: Joker
Druid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 pm

Guys, don't worry about it, don't even get involved, it looks like their plans to 'spam CS' is causing them more arguments on their own forum than it ever needs to here. Our moderators are very quick to clean up spam, and anyone breaking forum rules will get banned. So we have nothing to worry about here.

I don't expect everyone to like CS, I just don't know why people would go out of their way to annoy people here if they hate it so much :?

anyways, just forget about it, remember we're mature people over here who don't get involved in flame wars ;)

I'd also like to say thanks to our loyal supporters who have ignored the bad intentions of that forum thread :)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Tess wrote:I don't expect everyone to like CS, I just don't know why people would go out of their way to annoy people here if they hate it so much :?

Boredom.. It's amazing what people will do when bored. Really. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby topizots » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:09 am

Tess wrote:Guys, don't worry about it, don't even get involved, it looks like their plans to 'spam CS' is causing them more arguments on their own forum than it ever needs to here. Our moderators are very quick to clean up spam, and anyone breaking forum rules will get banned. So we have nothing to worry about here.

I don't expect everyone to like CS, I just don't know why people would go out of their way to annoy people here if they hate it so much :?

anyways, just forget about it, remember we're mature people over here who don't get involved in flame wars ;)

I'd also like to say thanks to our loyal supporters who have ignored the bad intentions of that forum thread :)

Also, the more we post and whine about it - the more satisfaction the *jokesters* get. Its best that we stop talking about the spamming and move on and have fun! Nick, Tess and the Mods handled the situation really well so nothing needs to be said or done. :)
topizots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C-ren » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:39 am

Uhhh...
No I have not seen topics that are spammy or has foul language yet..
Anyway We don't want to insult anyone "Guest" Let us just try to be nice and play along with the game.
People who spam want attention and want to get in trouble.
They can make new accounts if they get banned.
I think it is a waste of time to keep doing that :? I mean what point?
Anyway yes thanks Tess ,Nick,and Mods.
Also thank you for the users that reported the bad topics or threads! :P A round of Applause for you guys for keeping the site clean and running.
;) And good job Nick and Tess with the adoptables they turned out more interesting than expected for me!
Great work!
Hope this site keeps running smoothly.
C-ren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:24 am

I'll try to convince them to stop. I don't want to spam this place, I have friends here. But I'm hacked off at the idiots that throw insults when they don't even know what our forums are.

PS. Try looking harder.