Global Mods wanted - NOW CLOSED, selecting...

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Global Mods wanted - NOW CLOSED, selecting...

Postby Tess » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:11 pm

edit: thank you to all who applied! We are now going through the selection process. It will most likely take a few weeks until we are ready to announce the new team members, so please be patient with us :)

Another year has passed, and we're in need of new mods again to refresh our team!

We are looking to gain around 3 - 5 new global moderators! We will be most interested in selecting members who have previously proven themselves to be mature, respectful, friendly, active members of CS. Applications will be open for at least 5 days, and will not be closed until we feel we have enough applications to select from. After that time, it may take several weeks for us to select and announce the new staff.

Please read the whole topic before replying. If you are aged under 18 then you unfortunately can not apply for this position.

The job available is for a Global Moderator. The duties of a mod include (but are not limited to):
  1. Checking and approving new members' posts/COPPA members' posts before they appear in the forum (and disapproving posts which don't meet CS rules)
  2. Deleting, editing, or locking off-topic posts, bullying, inappropriate content, and spam from around the site
  3. Moving topics which have been placed in the wrong board
  4. Responding to topic/post/PM reports/help tickets where players have identified a problem or have questions about the site
  5. Dealing with art theft
  6. Helping to sort out disputes between members and acting without bias
  7. Warning members who have broken site rules
  8. Referring members to an admin or senior moderator if their behavior warrants a ban

As a moderator your role would be to help reduce the levels of nastiness, spam, and inappropriate content on the site to ensure that it is as fun, safe, and friendly as possible for all players. This role sometimes (and often) involves warning trouble-makers for bad behavior, to remind them of what is expected of them.

Many players will not be happy about being warned. You need to be able to deal calmly with conflict, without getting offended or upset. You need to be aware that sometimes you'll gain enemies despite the fact that you've only acted in a calm and reasonable manner to enforce the CS rules. This job may not suit you if you are generally a sensitive person or if you tend to avoid conflict rather than act to resolve it.

As a moderator you will gain access to some private information about players like their warning history. You need to have respect for other players' rights to confidentiality and not share any of this information with other people. You shouldn't use this information for anything which doesn't directly relate to your duties as a moderator for CS.

You should use your moderating abilities only where required, and not use them to take advantage of situations for yourself or other players.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...are younger than 18. If you are 18+ but feel uncomfortable dealing with adult (R18) images or language then you should also not apply. Some of the duties of a moderator involve deleting spam from automated spambots, some of which post adult material and images. As it is your job to protect the rest of the site from viewing this content, it wouldn't be appropriate to give you the job if you're likely to be offended by that content. I'm not going to ask for your age, because we don't ask for/share that information on CS, but if you're a member from the US then we probably have your birthdate on record. Please be honest and don't apply if you are underage.

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 8 months

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

So, do you think you'd make an excellent CS moderator? Please copy/paste the application form and fill in your answers as a response to this topic :)

APPLICATON
Your application doesn't have to be super long and doesn't need fancy formatting, just be clear and concise please!
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
  3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
  7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.

Off-topic posts or applications from members who don't meet the minimum requirements may be deleted without warning.

If you don't meet the minimum requirements for things like age, account age, or post count: please wait and try again in the future. We hire for various staff roles several times a year on average so there are always more opportunities!
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Global Mods wanted - apply within!

Postby buddha - » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 pm

good luck everyone! [hey I got the first post yay]

may I just ask, out of curiousity since i wouldn't want to be staff tbh but will cs open the applications again any time in the future?
buddha -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:27 pm

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:
    good luck everyone! [hey I got the first post yay]

may I just ask, out of curiousity since i wouldn't want to be staff tbh but will cs open the applications again any time in the future?

We open job applications whenever we need fresh staff, the timing of which isn't too easy to predict, but we do tend to hire new GMs about once per year and other mods about once per year as well.
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C.R.E.A.M » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:43 pm

hello!

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply): October 11th, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply): 1238 (I was on hiatus for a bit before)
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: yes!
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: usually from when i wake up until i go to sleep. which is probably 10 hrs+
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: i have moderated, or so been part of the staff as an Event Committee on Wolfhome and its forum. it's a graphical 2D chatsite first introduced in 1999 and going on since then. i have retired for several personal reasons a while ago.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: personally, i am a kind person and always willing to help with the best of my ability. i want to keep CS a safe & enjoyable place for everyone where you can log into a stress-free environment and not have to see anything that might break the rules or is offending.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): I know english, french, romanian and a tiny bit of japanese. I took part in a peer mediation activity at school a few years ago, and i'm known to solve conflicts between my friends in my friend-group calmly and with common sense (if that's anything haha)

thank you for considering! i wish everyone else good luck ^_^

C.R.E.A.M

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AmnesiaUndead » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:17 pm

Just quick question, what if you were under 18 and did a post? I sadly have to wait another _ years, lol. Also when will the acceptions for the CS Fanart come out? That's the only one I enter until _ years lol. Nvm, I just saw.
I'm so tired. I'm done of acting. If you don't like me go. I honestly don't care.
AmnesiaUndead

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:30 pm

Whirl Wind wrote:
Just quick question, what if you were under 18 and did a post? I sadly have to wait another _ years, lol. Also when will the acceptions for the CS Fanart come out? That's the only one I enter until _ years lol. Nvm, I just saw.

Please don't apply if you are under 18, you will unfortunately have to try for other positions or wait until you are older. If we have reason to believe applicants are under 18 then they will not be selected, and their application may be deleted.

Unfortunately there are aspects of the job which are just not appropriate for younger ages, and we will not make exceptions.
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scuttlefish » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:40 pm

Just a question, how do you pick a new moderator? Do all the original staff and moderators vote or something like that? Good luck everyone who entered!
I used to be sugar pixel .

Microllama Adoption Center

scuttlefish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:45 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: 15 June 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum?: 5239

Without posting your age, are you old enough?: Very old enough and willing.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Everyday, no restrictions.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: All day pretty much. Same as above.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them?: No. I do mini mod/help answering questions and queries.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: Really eager, wanting and willing to help in every way I can to help the CS staff and community. I love helping people and want to keep CS going strong and safe for all who use it. I'd really like to help the mods who are constantly busy with the rising number of users joining.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: BB Coding, Oekaki and main CS help. I know basic CSS and HTML. And I know my way around the site and know roughly what is already in the forums and where to find them should users create another topic.
I also work in a mobility company so needing to polite to rude and angry people is of the upmost importance and as a result I have a lot of patience.
I keep forgetting this one, but I was one of the admins on our Corps website when I was in the army.
Last edited by *JACKAL* on Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:44 am, edited 6 times in total.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:55 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
    February 2nd, 2009.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
    Yes, I am old enough and am willing to risk seeing such content.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    5-7 days a week, depending on if I'm not busy with "real life" situations. I tend most active during the weekends and during the summer.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    2 hours during the weekdays is the minimum, a lot of the time I'll be on around 3-4 hours, and around 6 hours or more on the weekend. A lot of the time, I browse the CS Problems and Suggestions board to see if there are any questions that haven't been answered that I know I can answer, and if I don't know the answer I will usually search for it, as well as answer any unanswered tickets. I will also browse the Introductions from time to time to welcome new members.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    No, I unfortunately haven’t moderated any actual forums offsite, but I have however moderated for several adoptable threads here on CS as well as keeping an eye on the boards here, reporting topics that need to be locked or moved. I also moderate and work in the Adopt a Newbie program, mainly behind the scenes, assigning adopters to newbies and watching the thread from time to time. I have also periodically answered questions whenever any staff position applications open up, answering every question I happen to come across.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    Well, I've been a General Helper for two years now, and while it’s really fun, I feel like it’s time for me to step up my game and challenge myself a little further. I quite enjoy my duties, but I’d like to be able to do a little more for the site, such as helping out with cleaning up the boards. I tend to be on quite a bit when other staff members are not, and see activities that need some moderator action but cannot handle it myself. I am quite diligent when it comes to the help tickets and browsing the many boards for topics that don't belong or posts that need to be reported. I want to keep members safe and continue making this site enjoyable for everyone. I will still continue my General Helper duties, as that’s where I began.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
    I've answered many questions in my time over the two years of being a General Helper and have gotten to know the rules in and out as well as be able to help members out with small issues with other members. I've also been involved in peer mediation for about a few years in school and have learned a bit on how to solve problems between people. I am mature and am capable of handling tense situations and never lose my temper about anything, even if it were something silly. It would be would be pointless to do so when the solution is clear and can be handled easily with a calm attitude. I am also capable of answering questions or problems with an unbiased opinion.
    I do also know the basics of French enough that I can communicate easily if ever needed. I am learning more of it as well as learning Spanish and somewhat communicate with fluidity.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oliverstorm » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:20 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
December 24, 2011

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes, I believe that I'm old enough and am willing the risk to see the content.

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day, unless schoolwork amounts to too much.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
On weekdays, probably about three or four hours. On weekends, usually five to seven hours [unbelievable xD] except for when I'm called to do something else.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
----

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I think everytime that a position has opened on Chicken Smoothie, I've applied for them. In real life I'm not so great with leadership and organization but online I'm quite the contrary - I've made several friends on this site by itself and have helped people struggling with Oekaki issues. I was also in the Adopt a Newbie program twice. It's also not just about the colored name [tho that is pretty cool], I want to have a chance to take responsibility and really know what it feels like to take care of something.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Right now I'm taking a Spanish 1 class, so Spanish is a language I'm learning. I plan to take it all the way to 4, so I can be a fluent speaker.
Good Omens.

that is all.
Oliverstorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me