Oekaki Weekly Challenge - some changes to this board

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Oekaki Weekly Challenge - some changes to this board

Postby Tess » Mon May 19, 2014 12:35 am

The weekly challenge board is back!

Recently we asked members to give us feedback about the weekly challenge board!

We got a lot of very helpful responses, and we're going to use these ideas to make some changes. We're still working on it, so things may be a little unpredictable in the challenge board while we trial different things. If a change doesn't go very well, then we might change back in future, so don't panic if something seems to go badly.

A lot of people said they would like to submit challenge ideas, so we've opened a topic for you to submit your ideas to :) We will be using this topic to help us set new themes, so please share your ideas with us!

We are going to try extending the timer to 2 weeks, instead of the usual 1 week. We hope this will give artists more time to work on their entries without feeling rushed. If you are a very speedy artist then you might find this too long between challenges. You are always free to submit multiple entries if you enjoy the theme!

In future we may try adding a choice between multiple themes at once, so that the speedy artists can submit multiple entries if they want, and other artists can just choose the one theme which appeals to them the most. This way, the longer timer won't be so much of a pain for the artists who like to draw a new entry each week.

We've also had a lot of comments from people who said they missed some cool themes but would have loved to have drawn something for them. So we're going to let some themes repeat. New challengers will be able to try the themes they missed, and old challengers will be able to put a new spin on it. Don't worry, we'll still be adding lots of new themes too!

We are also considering letting you subscribe to PM notifications about the weekly challenge, so you could get a PM reminding you of the challenge whenever a new one starts (once every 2 weeks). Of course you don't have to subscribe, so if you're not interested we won't PM you. And we will try to announce the new theme at the top of the forum a few days a week so that everyone can hear about the board and remember to visit us there :)

Some of these changes will begin immediately, but some are still a work in progress. We hope that you enjoy the changes and remember to visit the oekaki boards regularly to show your support for the artists of CS! A simple like or a comment on a drawing could really make someone's day brighter
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me