Oekaki Weekly Challenge - thoughts please?

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Oekaki Weekly Challenge Board: Your thoughts (tick all that apply)

I don't use or visit the oekaki boards at all
7%
I use or browse the oekaki sometimes, but I never go to the weekly challenge board
12%
I sometimes browse or draw in the weekly challenge board
13%
I try to use the weekly challenge board every week
2%
I like the weekly challenge board the way it is and don't think it should change
4%
I think we need longer than 1 week to submit entries for the weekly challenge
8%
It would be good if some of the old weekly challenges were used again so that we could do the ones we missed
14%
It would be good if we could submit weekly challenge ideas
21%
It would be good if the weekly challenge is announced at the top of the forum each week to remind us to check it
20%

Total votes : 2912

Re: Oekaki Weekly Challenge - thoughts please?

Postby нαяяу ρσттєя » Sun May 11, 2014 2:27 pm

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3) Yes, I will improve soon!
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: No, I will soon, though!
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: Oh 1 week is fine!
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: No, it wouldn't be very fun for people who did do it
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) Yes, all the drawings inspire me!
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: Well #1 my laptop broke and it was the only computer that would do it, and #2, the last time I looked it was redo a picture you have already done. I didn't do one before.
нαяяу ρσттєя

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaltyCookie+Moonstar » Sun May 11, 2014 11:20 pm

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3) I've tried!
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: No
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: Maybe 2 weeks?
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: Yep
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season): Haven't seen them
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: Well, my laptop really doesn't let me get on it. I need help! Any staff, please pm me on how!!!!!
center]Image
Name: Silvia
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/center]
Name: Bolt
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

center]Image
Name: Reshiram
center]Image
Name: Reshiram

We are always up for trades as long as Moonstar and SaltyCookie can agree about it.If we don't agree, we're sorry.
(Made by Moonstar)
SaltyCookie+Moonstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Miyazaki » Tue May 13, 2014 8:49 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3)Yes
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?:Yes, 13 times
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?:I think a week is a good time limit. You can always finish your drawing while it's in the Previous Challenges section.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?:I don't think it's quite necessary. You can always post in Previous Challenges. However, it would be cool if you could see what old challenges there were in Previous Challenges, so you can still complete old ones you haven't done.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season)I think they're creative and fun.
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it:N/A
Miyazaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fyrekytten » Wed May 14, 2014 12:12 am

ever since I changed my computer the Oekaki has not worked right for me So I generally just look around. I do not draw well anyway so its no big deal.

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3)Yes
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?:No
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?:I think a week is not enough time perhaps it should be one challenge a month.
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them? I think themes should have a chance at repeating.
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? I have enjoyed them.
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: I am not a great artist even with the Oekaki working - which it is not for me
fyrekytten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fox haven » Wed May 14, 2014 2:24 pm

I really have trouble getting all the software wprking. I have to work around in my settings and get the java update so, I can't say I use the Oekaki art boards :shock:

I love all the grinners but these are my favorites!:)
fox haven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby germanshepardlover » Thu May 15, 2014 6:52 am

1. Have you ever posted art in any of the oekaki boards before?: (if your answer is no, please skip question 2 and 3) Yes, I have!
2. Have you ever posted art in the oekaki weekly challenge board before? If so, how many times have you joined the challenge?: no sorry
3. Do you think that the oekaki challenge time limit (1 week) is enough time? If you think it's too short, how long do you think each challenge should last?: I think it should be 2 weeks
4. Do you think the old themes should be used again sometimes for people who missed them?: maybe
5. What do you think about the themes we've used so far? (some examples were to draw your fursona as another species, or to design a character inspired by the current season) I Think they are creative!
6. If you're someone who uses the oekaki but doesn't use the weekly challenge board - tell us why you don't use it: I don't use it cause I usually only draw on it to draw something for someone.
Looking for more will pay rares and very rares for a bulk of them
    http://Epic-Rewards.com/?ref=1562711 Please click that link it will be a great help :3
    germanshepardlover

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu May 15, 2014 10:29 am

Thank you so much for all the great feedback!

We'll read over all of these this weekend and consider making some of these suggested changes to the weekly challenge.

I know we've had no challenge for a couple of weeks now, but we should be up and running again next week! In the meantime, challenge yourself to draw something you've never drawn before :)
    Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
    Tess
    Admin

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me