Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+)CLOSING

Postby Thalassic » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:47 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: 10th April 2010
    How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3680
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Depends on how much I have to do on here. Can range from 15 minutes (on days when there's not much new here) to at least 3 hours.
    Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I did twice on two smaller sites, but they didn't last very long due to not getting much attention, and they have been taken down by now.
    Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes. I've also used the oekaki program on other sites (like RateMyDrawings) for a good few years, so I know it pretty well.
    Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Occasionally, yes.
    Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I have had a lot of experience with the oekaki program (though mostly on other sites, but it's still the same program), and I enjoy seeing others art, so if I was an oekaki moderator, it would give me a good reason to regularly look trough the art posted on here, while helping this site stay within its own rules. I've always loved being the one who makes sure the rules are followed, and it just seems like a lot of fun to me.
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) For 4 years I was very active on ratemydrawings.com, which is an oekaki based drawing site, where I also spent some time doing "art lesson" type things in their drawchat program. I have lead several competitions and classes in real life, so I have some experience when it comes to dealing with teens and children, and I don't really get angry easily when it comes to dealing with arguments. I also believe I'm able to look at any situation without any bias at all, even when it comes to things I agree/disagree with.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mamba » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:43 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: july 28, 2012
    How many posts have you made in the forum: 521, though I stalk them much more than I post
    How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Usually seven, occasionally six
    How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Anywhere from two to thirteen
    Have you moderated on any other forums before?: No, I have not had that opportunity.
    Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: Yes, many times. I don't often submit my posts, however, as I am not always proud of them.
    Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: At least half of the time I spend on CS on an average day, though I don't post there often.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: I love helping people, regardless of how I do or what the situation entitles. Art is a huge interest of mine, whether written, drawn, or musical; and assisting in any of those categories is a huge interest of mine.
    Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I am currently a teacher's aide, vounteer at a babysitting service for children with mental disabilities, and often solve problems among others. I always do my best to solve problems kindly and calmly, which is only improving as I age.

Thanks for the opportunity!
mamba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

application of boxcar

Postby planticide » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:14 pm

what date did you register as a cs member?: june the first, of 2013
    how many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 550
    how many days a week do you usually visit cs? every day, though it may depend on how busy i am.
    how many hours per day do you usually spend on cs, on a day that you do visit? three to four, though, again, it determines how much work and schoolwork i have.
    have you moderated on any other forums before? if so, please link to them i am the international moderator for advanced scribes, a literate roleplaying site.
    have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? yes, many times.
    do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? yes, i like to admire other art i see, though i don't usually comment as often as i should.
    why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for cs? i want to keep cs a friendly, safe environment, clean of any art theft, spam, or inappropriate content. helping others is something my real life job includes, so it's safe to say i have experience with dealing with other's concerns and problems. art is a passion of mine and i want to help others feel the same way on here; i want them to feel safe to post their art without having it stolen. i don't just want to moderate; i want to inspire.
    can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: i'm majoring in animation, which requires the use of much drawing outside of the oekaki tool, so i believe it's safe to say i'm experienced with art. i'm a certified shaman healer, which is a form of spiritual psychiatry, so keeping environments calm and peaceful is something that comes to me naturally.
Last edited by planticide on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
planticide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Penultima » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:27 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
March 4th, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day. The only days that I would not be on CS is if I am in a situation without internet, such as a camping trip, road trip, or if my house looses power.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
On average, between 1 1/2 to 4 hours, often closer to the longer side. I check CS as regularly as email, even more often than that. On some weekends I'll spend around 5 hours on CS.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I have not moderated on a large scale site before, but I have moderated on a few role-play and art websites that I created myself, which are no longer being run. I would include a link, but the websites have been deleted for over a year. Besides that I have run a few CS Oekaki topics such as art adoptables in which I have needed to use moderating abilities.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
I use the CS oekaki just about every day. I color in editable art to support lineart artists's work, I draw my own editable lines to share with others, I draw pieces for my own use or enjoyment, and I sometimes do commissions and gift art for other users.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I do that all the time, I love watching aspiring artists improve and just how creative some people can be with their own unique styles.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
Art is a passion of mine, both in creating and admiring it. I am a huge advocate of art being enjoy by all people, because that is the purpose of artwork. I understand that some people feel the need to draw or enjoy drawing certain types art art that are not always appropriate for all audiences, but there are other places and websites to share those than on CS. Chickensmoothie is a child friendly art-sharing website, and everything on here should be able to be enjoyed by all of its members. I will sometimes notice artwork shared in CS' Oekaki boards that can be inappropriate for certain people or ages, whether it's implying an inappropriate idea or hinting at a religious belief or idea that not everyone may agree with. As a CS Oekaki moderator, I would be very devoted to helping make CS an art-sharing website that can be enjoyed by all users.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I have a lot of Oekaki experience, and I've figured out both through user help and my own trial-and-error how to use every function of Oekaki. Through my other websites, some topics within CS, and also in the real world, I have developed a pretty good sense of peer mediation. I have helped found and run at least 6 clubs and societies in the non-virtual world, and through those experiences become quite accustomed to being open minded and taking other's differing ideas, thoughts, or beliefs into account.

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •mochiimomo• » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:07 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?
I joined Chicken Smoothie on November 4th, 2009.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying)
9892 posts in total.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I'm on nearly every day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
On average, I'd say around 4 hours on weekdays, and far more on weekends.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I am a moderator on the Gift of Art thread.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes, I have.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
I do. Honestly, the thing that drew me to the website, as well as caused me to stick around, is the massive amount of talented artists that thrive here. Art is a passion of mine, there are few things I love more than art, and that is a fact. I enjoy seeing the beautiful works of art the people of CS can make, that's what honestly makes me enjoy this website. I am able to see so many different styles, ideas, imagination, and creativity, and it inspires me everyday.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
As previously stated, Chicken Smoothie is composed of some of the most talented artists I've seen. That's exactly what drew me here in the first place, and has caused me to remain a part of this community. I've tried out for other CS staff positions on here, but this one is by far the one I'd adore most, and I sincerely mean that. From the beginning, I always thought the Oekaki was a unique feature that many websites lacked. If I were to be able to help, I believe that would offer me a reason to continue my time here on CS for years to come. I enjoy lending a helping hand, but have not yet been offered an opportunity to. If I were lucky enough to become an Oekaki Moderator, I would not only put forth the maximum amount of effort, but thoroughly enjoy doing so.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I've become accustomed to the tools on the Oekaki, and find it quite enjoyable to draw on. I am also use to the drawing program "SAI", and I am taking a Photoshop class as well. All I can do is offer to you my help; I will not beg nor plea for this position, I wish to take this seriously and with a high level of maturity. During my stay here on CS, I have grown more mature and fair, which I believe are two things greatly needed for the daunting task of being an Oekaki moderator.

I wish you the best of luck on choosing the new Oekaki moderators, and I appreciate the opportunity.
hello,
I am no longer playing CS
I won't be replying to messages, and I'm slowly getting rid of my CS pets before I leave for good
you can follow me on deviantart:
https://mochiimomo.deviantart.com/gallery/
•mochiimomo•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me