Trade alert: Zebra lineart changes will be previewed soon!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Trade alert: Zebra lineart changes will be previewed soo

Postby Tess » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:46 pm

if anyone has questions or is confused about anything please post now before we lock this topic :) we'll unlock when there is more news
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dana Scully » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:58 pm

This is lovely! So you're just updating the zebras. So to clarify, furture zebra litters possibly on the near future?
Dana Scully

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:07 pm

Foxdove wrote:This is lovely! So you're just updating the zebras. So to clarify, furture zebra litters possibly on the near future?

it's not certain yet, but it is a definite possibility that we may include the zebras (as ultra rare outcomes) in future horse/pony litters like we used to do a few years ago

the rarity for those outcomes was always so high that it was basically like winning the lottery if you got one, there were only a few zebras per month, so it shouldn't affect the rarity noticeably

however, aside from re-releasing the existing outcomes we will probably make a new zebra outcome or 2 for a special occasion so that everyone has a chance to own a zebra pet (like when we updated the unicorn linearts and released a few special unicorns not long afterward)
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby samminac » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Looking forward to the new outlines! Im hoping they look really nice Tess!
Will you be able to adopt the zebras soon? And if so will there be some rare ones? :?: :D
Last edited by samminac on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her • canadian • infp
hi there, my name is sam and i like the internet too much.
i'm commander shepard, and this is my favourite store on the citadel.

samminac

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwilady » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Plushy wrote:
Tess wrote:Note that the rarity will not be affected (yet), however with new lines we may consider re-releasing them as super rare outcomes in horse litters again the way we used to in the past.

For those who don't know, zebras were more than just a Christmas UR. We used to hide them within horse/pony litters as a super rare outcome every month (like the july lion, except much much rarer, and the same outcomes were repeated every month.) Only about 4 were adopted each month, which is how they stayed OMGSR.

Oh thats great then :D
i was hoping the rarity wont drop like a bomb ;)

Oh wow that would be amazing
Great idea
Can't wait to see the new lines
........ ...... ........................
Hi!
I'm Kiwilady but you can call me kiwi!
I am a qualified Vet Tech!
I am a horse kinda person who loves
science and drama!
Come Visit The New CWHR!
I have a flight rising, a howrse, an aywas and many other websites and i love offsite trading!
Kiwilady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Doodles » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Tess wrote:Note that the rarity will not be affected (yet), however with new lines we may consider re-releasing them as super rare outcomes in horse litters again the way we used to in the past.

For those who don't know, zebras were more than just a Christmas UR. We used to hide them within horse/pony litters as a super rare outcome every month (like the july lion, except much much rarer, and the same outcomes were repeated every month.) Only about 4 were adopted each month, which is how they stayed OMGSR.

Tess wrote:
Foxdove wrote:This is lovely! So you're just updating the zebras. So to clarify, furture zebra litters possibly on the near future?

it's not certain yet, but it is a definite possibility that we may include the zebras (as ultra rare outcomes) in future horse/pony litters like we used to do a few years ago

the rarity for those outcomes was always so high that it was basically like winning the lottery if you got one, there were only a few zebras per month, so it shouldn't affect the rarity noticeably

however, aside from re-releasing the existing outcomes we will probably make a new zebra outcome or 2 for a special occasion so that everyone has a chance to own a zebra pet (like when we updated the unicorn linearts and released a few special unicorns not long afterward)

This is really exciting news, especially the releasing Zebras into litters. Of course obviously it's not something to get your hopes up about, but it does sound fun! Especially looking forward to possibly more Zebra releases.
I was curious though, will you guys be releasing them into the litters before or after the LA changes? I'm assuming after, but I might as well ask.
Also, will the Zebra lineart be stages, or just the adult Zebra lines?

ImageImage
Characters
Deviantart

Back of the car
Blankets and me and you
We're running on perfectly wasted youth
I'll hold you close
We'll call this home tonight

And the fake tattoo that you drew on my arm
Had an X and an O
Never change who you are
Throw our hearts in the air
Doodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Doodles wrote:

Tess wrote:

This is really exciting news, especially the releasing Zebras into litters. Of course obviously it's not something to get your hopes up about, but it does sound fun! Especially looking forward to possibly more Zebra releases.
I was curious though, will you guys be releasing them into the litters before or after the LA changes? I'm assuming after, but I might as well ask.
Also, will the Zebra lineart be stages, or just the adult Zebra lines?

there are newborns, child foals, and adult stages for the update

the newborns are the best thing you'll ever see

we won't put them in any litters until after they've changed, so there won't be any for March releases
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:21 pm

okay now I'm about to go offline so I'll lock this topic for now, we will re-open it for more questions in a few days when the new linearts go on display :) please read all the posts for information, I think it answers common questions
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me