Now hiring new Roleplay Moderators! (age 18+) Apply inside

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Now hiring new Roleplay Moderators! (age 18+) Apply inside

Postby Tess » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:01 pm

That's right, we are looking to hire another 2 - 4 people to become moderators for the roleplay boards.

Please read the entire post before asking questions or applying.

Because of the nature of the content you'll be hired to censor and remove, we want mature, older (18+) moderators who enjoy roleplaying and have a lot of time for CS. Do NOT apply if you are under 18 years of age.

Despite strict and clear rules in the roleplay boards, there is an ongoing problem with people breaking the rules and posting content which we don't want to see on CS.

I would like to find 2 - 4 keen, experienced roleplayers who can commit some of their time to browsing through and policing the behavior in the RP boards.

The duties of a roleplay mod include (but are not limited to):
  1. Deleting, editing, or locking off-topic posts, bullying, inappropriate content, and spam from within the roleplay boards
  2. Giving careful attention to keeping romance and violence in RPs at an acceptable level and within site rules/limits, for the safety of younger users in particular.
  3. Responding to topic/post reports where players have identified a problem in the roleplay boards
  4. Dealing with art theft issues from images posted within the roleplay board
  5. Helping to sort out disputes between members and acting without bias
  6. Warning members who have broken site rules
  7. Referring members to an admin or senior moderator if their behavior warrants a ban

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...are younger than 18, or if you're older than this but feel uncomfortable dealing with excessive violence or mature romance/sex scenes in roleplays. We are not interested in hiring anyone younger than this. It is not appropriate for us to hire minors to moderate the sexual content that we are trying to remove. I'm not going to ask for your age, because we don't ask for/share that information on CS, but if you're a member from the US then we probably already have your birthdate on record so don't lie.

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, inappropriate roleplay behaviors, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 6 months

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

...haven't participated in roleplays much before, or have only begun roleplaying in the past month or two

...detest the CS roleplay boards (I'm not going to argue your POV, but you shouldn't apply if you hate going near the place because you will find moderating loathsome.)

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a roleplay moderator?

APPLICATION
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
  3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 17 or younger, no excuses.)
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
  7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
  8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
  9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
  10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.

Posts along the lines of 'aww, I'm not old enough' or 'I hope you get hired Sally your application is really good' will be deleted.

Please keep your applications simple, we don't want to read a novel, and we don't want to squint through your fancy font headings and colors. The simpler the better.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Now hiring new Roleplay Moderators! (age 18+) Apply insi

Postby The wild one » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:11 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: July 24, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 9165
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes, I'm old enough. I'm also able to handle violence and sexual content just fine
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 3-5 hours a day, depending on my workload and classes that day
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.: I'm currently a member of Chevalin Wanderlust on DeviantArt (I play a silver bay stallion named Kasai), and I have done extensive roleplaying on tumblr, but I can't link one account due to its content, and many of the others have since been deleted. One account is reaper-killer, which is a Mass Effect RP blog, and I have been doing some private roleplay there. There is no graphic violence or sexual content on that account.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?: A few, yes. Mostly just 1x1 RPs through PMs, and a handful of group RPs, which are likely no longer running at this point.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?: I'd like to be able to help keep the forums clean, and I know the rules clearly enough to know what to filter out and what to let pass. I enjoy helping people, and keeping the forums clean is a part of that.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I'm an experienced roleplayer, both on and off of CS, so I know the ropes, and I know what to look for. I'm also comfortable with more graphic material (I've written and read it many times over on other sites), so it doesn't bother me that I would have to look at it if it came up in a reported post. I can keep a level head with any sort of conflicts that could come up as well.
Last edited by The wild one on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------------------------------------------------
ImageKat | She/Her | Lesbian | Adult Player
-------------------------------------------------------
The wild one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Question: As there are other applications open at this time, are users allowed to apply for more than one position?
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Liddi wrote:Question: As there are other applications open at this time, are users allowed to apply for more than one position?

yes that's fine
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lacuna » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:46 pm

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: April 8, 2011
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2476
  3. Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes, I am an adult.
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2-4 hours
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? No, I have not.
  7. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? I have roleplayed on other sites in the past, but they are either no longer active/available or the roleplaying content breaks CS rules, so I will not link to it.
  8. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes, mostly 1x1 or humanoid semi-literate roleplays, but I have done an animal roleplay or two as well.
  9. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Roleplaying is something that I really enjoy, and even when I am not roleplaying myself I often read through other's roleplays because I like the content and stories they are creating. I also enjoy being helpful and often report threads, including roleplays, that I see breaking the rules so they can be dealt with by moderators. This would be much easier if I had the capability to deal with the reports myself, so being a roleplay moderator is a logical extension of what I already do. CS's values and rules that create the safe environment for children to browse the website are very important to me, as even though I am an adult who has no problem viewing or dealing with mature content, it's nice to know that there is a safe space for others to browse the internet and be involved in an online community.
  10. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I was a supervisor at my previous place of employment, so I am good at mediating issues and can handle the stress of people disagreeing with my actions. I am also very familiar with the role-play rules in all categories.
Note to Tess and other staff: I have also applied for the general helper position. I would love to help the community from either position, so I thank you for considering both of my applications.
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:08 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
September 23rd, 2008.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?:
Yes. (Put it this way, I'm over the drinking age in Canada.)

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Seven days a week, barring any sort of power outage; it's one of my daily-check sites.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I almost always have a tab open on CS, to be honest; anywhere from 20 minutes to several hours at a time. I'm currently in a situation where I can't go to school or have a job, so... it's pretty much all internet to keep me connected to people.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I am currently the only dedicated roleplay moderator on the Eldemore forums. It's mostly been cleaning up image theft issues there, but even if I don't post all that often, I go through the boards on a daily/every other day basis to ensure everything's as it should be.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
I am a roleplayer of 10+ years, having started on Neopets way back when; and have done a number of roleplays on the Dragon Cave forums (my username is Dr. Paine there), Tumblr (though those were somewhat NSFW and I can't link them here), the Jellybean Dragon fanforum chat (and tried to get one going on the forums, but that didn't take off), and over various IM services. It's been one of my longest-running hobbies, and one I fully intend to keep up for as long as I can.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes; both as a player and as a creator.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
Roleplaying has been one of my all-time favorite hobbies for... just about half my life at this point, and while a lot of them tend to kind of flounder around before finally expiring, I have deeply enjoyed most of the CS rps I've done (there is, in fact, one I actually need to get back to approving for-- weekends in December are the worst!). On the whole, the boards are fantastic, but I would like to provide more help when it comes to off-topic/rule breaking/art-theft heavy threads than sending in a report to the already-thin team; I would love to take some of the pressure off of the people already working it. CS has given me a number of friends and provided a great place to go when I need somewhere to de-stress or just hang out for a little while; and I would absolutely love to properly give back to the community... especially when I know that, given my current situation in life, I have a lot of time I can devote to cleaning up any issues that many other people might not have.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required):
I have a few years' experience in dealing with teens/pre-teens from when I volunteered at a vacation bible school (a sort of... church-y day camp thing), and while it may not be an 'official' thing, I am the eldest of three siblings, two of whom are teens and I often have to be the one to break up fights and such. I am also quite skilled at tracking down stolen artwork, usually able to find a source in less than a minute, and there have only been a few times where it's proven to be more or less impossible. Between my own writing, various fanfictions/novels, and just my life in general, I am... honestly, pretty hard to gross out or anything; running across gory or sexual content is very unlikely to have much, if any, effect on me. I am also quite good at remaining neutral in most disputes, and will always put my job/the facts over any bias that might try creeping its way in-- there may be some things I don't like, I fully admit that, but if it doesn't break the rules? Then it's not my place to mess with. While I am generally friendly and will readily amend any mistakes or misunderstandings that might happen, I am fully prepared to deal with the inevitable frustration/arguments from players who do have to be warned, and I will either explain what happened and why, or else bring it to others if it's something harassing or otherwise completely uncalled for.

And, as I mentioned above, I have been writing and roleplaying for over ten years (seriously-- my best friend and I have done at least a little bit every day since we were 13 or so; only a few relatively short breaks involved for trips or other things), and comfortably fit into what is usually considered 'advanced'. I was extremely pleased to see CS finally break the boards up for different skill levels and genres, so I would love to help ensure things stick where they ought to.

Thank you for your consideration, and best of luck to all applicants :)
Last edited by Dr. Paine on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:50 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Jun 21, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 39480
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes I am
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? On workdays about 6 hours. On free days, 12+ hours
Have you moderated on any other forums before? Yes I did, on a Dutch horse game. But it no longer exsists (a real site, not msn groups as next question)
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? I did on msn groups, but it no longer exsists
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? I am in a few roleplays, but most seem to have died ^^
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I love roleplaying, but it has to stay clean and readable for all ages. I see many people put in pictures of anime or other kinds of art, and the romance too detailed with the kissing. Children read it too, people have to keep it in mind.
I love reading other roleplays and see how creative people are with the storyline.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I can read pretty fast. Even though I'm not Englisch, I can understand every word of it. I love to read books and roleplays. I am patient and understanding, but rules are rules. If I get the position and have to give a warning, I will. If people PM to discuss it, that's fine with me :) I am willing to talk to them and explain it. And if people are in doubt "is this by the rules or not?" then I am happy to tell them :)
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure or 1 gem for ANY cat!!!

Have: 1.300.000 treasure & 500 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sleepy Little Kitty » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:51 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: June 13th, 2013
How many posts have you made in the forum: 816
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? On average I am probably on for more than 8 hours a day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No I have not
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. Two come to mind. I am a part of both Awesome Sauce and Free Yourself Roleplaying
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yea
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I think the most accurate response I can't give is that I love CS. I have been roleplaying here on and off for years on accounts belonging to friends, siblings, cousins... but this is the first account I've had that's all mine. Sure there have been occasions before I made my own account when quit for various reasons. But at the same time I kept coming back to CS. I can't honestly say that there isn't a single roleplaying site that I've encountered that I enjoy more than Chicken Smoothie. The layout is simple and easy to understand, the mods are fair and I've actually roleplayed with some of them. The members are mostly friendly. And the pets are way uber cute. If I could be a part of this and help out in anyway, I would be proud to do so. Chicken Smoothie is like another home to me.
RIP JAZZY <3

Approximately one year ago, I woke up and said my final goodbyes to the best friend I have ever known. But Jasmine wasn't a human. No... Jasmine was a little tabby cat who showed me the true meaning of unconditional love. She was my muse and because of her, I still write today. RIP Jasmine Veronica. You have been missed terribly, even if we only had two years together and I will always remember you.
Sleepy Little Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rhiley » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:08 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: April 4, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1702
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes, I am old enough to apply.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I visit at least 6 hours per day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?: I've moderated on old roleplay forums which are no longer available.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? I've participated in tons of roleplays outside of CS. None of them are available any more.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? I have participated in a few roleplays on CS since beginning here.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I would like to be a roleplay moderator for CS because I enjoy reading roleplays and have a lot of experience with writing them. I do not write them so much any more, but I still love reading them often. I also really enjoy helping people, and this position would allow me to do just that.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I have run more than one roleplay forum before. I understand very well what is and is not allowed here on CS and am not afraid to tell people in a calm manner that they have posted something inappropriate. I can control myself very well when people are rude and disrespectful to me or others.

Thank you. :)
Lauren, service dog handler, she/her.

154 pets until a 100% complete pet collection! :)
Rhiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:00 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: 12th May 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 10981

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: I am indeed old enough to apply

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I'm here everyday

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I always have a tab with CS open in my browser and often come back to check on things during the day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I was a mod and admin (after promotion) on Akita which was unfortunately shut down last year due to inactivity.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. I do roleplay off site but I can not link due to the amount of swearing and gore contained within. I often roleplayed on IMVU under the name Sheraxia. Some of those being of a rather NSFW nature. Others being rather harmless.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? I've participated in a good few yes.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Honestly. From my experience in past applications, popular people with perfect CS records are often chosen. It's time for a change, this site needs someone who isn't afraid to be strict without coming off as rude and mean. Yet can be gentle when need be. I've been on this site for years and honestly the quality of rp's have gone down and some of them are downright creepy borderline scary. Dare I say that some of the ones I've heard of via tumblr are really what I'd class as unsafe for children yet according to the source of the horror story. The topic was merely left as it was.

Be that as it may, yes I have complained about the rather zealous nature of the site in it's attempts to protect all of the users. So much so that those of us that are older can often get a little irritated that we cannot even reveal our age. I believe this while sometimes rather over the top. I have been charged in the past, yes but I will not let that stop me from putting the future of CS ahead of my own past mistakes.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position An unbiased opinion. There are things that others will run into and will report or remove just because they do not like it. When having a moderating job one cannot afford to get rid of things due to their own opinion. I'll bring my own blend of sass and a stiff upper lip.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me