GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby Rangiku » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:09 am

This account is shared by 2 people. Both of us live together irl because we are a couple. Were both also well over the age of 18.

We were curious to know if we would we both be allowed to apply?

If so, would it be 1 app or 2 apps?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rangiku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Visage The Necro'lic » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:19 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:January 25th, 2012, 4:49 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum:3985
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: yes.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: all 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:about 8-10
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I'd never moderated before, i want to be a moderator here.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: Well, i wanted to be an moderator of CS because i am not a rude person and i know how is to be, i want to help children of CS with suggesting them what to do and i am a friendly person, i like to help someone always.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I speak 4 languages, three of them i know very good, there are english, russian, romanian. Now i'm learning bulgarian language.
Thank you Tess for reading! ^^
Visage The Necro'lic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:33 am

Edvy wrote:This account is shared by 2 people. Both of us live together irl because we are a couple. Were both also well over the age of 18.

You can still apply, but a non-shared account would be preferred over a shared account, due to the liabilities. When I was merged and applying [I didn't get chosen that round] we both filled out an application.
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rangiku » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:55 am

Hekomi wrote:
Edvy wrote:This account is shared by 2 people. Both of us live together irl because we are a couple. Were both also well over the age of 18.

You can still apply, but a non-shared account would be preferred over a shared account, due to the liabilities. When I was merged and applying [I didn't get chosen that round] we both filled out an application.

thank you. We are going to apply. We will label our names (as our OLD original ones) as Edward and Envy .. combined we make Edvy so xD;; although we no longer own those accounts. they were ours LONG AGO. I beleive i spoke with nick about us moving to one account so it didnt look bad with all the trades coming in. XD;;

~envy

This is my application being applied under the name, Edward. My fiancee which too, uses the same account as we live together, will also be applying, but, under the name, Envy.

What date did you register as a CS member?:

September 29, 2009. Though I had an account prior to this before my fiancee and I merged into one account. So, the day and month may be a tad off. I believe we both originally registered under the separate accounts back in the summer of '09.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:

This will certainly be no issue. I am well above the age of 18 and have no problem with viewing adult content. Filtering it off the site wouldn't promote any hindrance whatsoever.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:

Practicably daily. If not daily (this is usually due to IRL issues, work and or physical ailments) at least 3 times a week to a minimum. Again this depends on life's demands, as we all know how that goes, if we are on daily or a few times a week. But the daily occurrences are more times then not.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:

Three hours at any given time. It's rare I, or my fiancee as well, on any less then two hours. I've actually spent roughly over 24 hrs in the last few days.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:

We moderate a site that is linked to a dream on a game called furcadia. http://www.furcadia.com. The website we help moderate along with our duties inside the game's user 'dream' is http://www.cypress-homes.com. Not only do we help maintain the kosher of the website; answer user questions, filter content, contribute in voting on job applications along with hosting contests and contribute ideas, we roughly do the same within the confines of the dream. It's a bit hard to explain how our duties operate within the Cypress Homes dream on Furcadia, but, it can be complex and requires mature, level headed people to be a part of the team. I have been on staff with them for about a year and half now.

I also run a forum with my fiancee that we both own. However, the site isn't necessarily E8 standards. Feel free to PM me for the site if you wish to view it.

I have also moderated various other forums in the distant past. None of with are either existent or being used anymore.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:

Same reasons I did for Cypress Homes on Furcadia. To help others and contribute our skills in maintaining the smooth running of the website and to contribute to the enjoyable experience on CS. As I have done so for the last 5 years on here. A good site doesn't run on politics, but the attributes of welcoming and inviting atmosphere from it's staff and owners. Problems are a undoubted aspect of life. To limit those for the sake others will make things better as a whole in the long run.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

Other then my prior skills of experience in maintaining sites, I can only think of helping with user generated problems or conflicts. Have had to handle those in the past on Furcadia and other sites I've delt with in the distant past. But I don't have any overly special skills that would set me apart from the masses.

ENVY'S APPLICATION

---

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Our new account says September 29, 2009. However I was originally Envy before this. I believe I registered earlier in late 2008 or early 2009 on the old account.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
With Edward posting just now that would make it 958 total posts. I was actually oblivious to the forum part of the site up until like a little before Edward and I merged to this new account.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes, defiantly well over 18 now. Past 20 too!

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Everyday I possibly can.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Throughout the day I'd say at least 2 to 3 hours tops. I try to get on everyday (if plausible). And I attempt to do it here and there. Usually before and after I go to work. My job in real life is 3pm to 11pm. So my times generally vary.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Yes, actually I have.

I have my own site I moderate, its an RP forum (I cannot link this here because it will violate the TOS. Since it does have swearing and adult content!) HOWEVER!! I will be more then happy to PM the link to any of the Staff Members that ask for it. I'm not against that, but considering this is an open discussion type thread I don't want to violate this. ;~;

Aside from that, I'm also a staff member on another site too as well. The webpage is based off of a dream inside the game Furcadia. (What is a dream? A dream is like a movie set, where you can build/design anything you can basically 'dream of' as long as you have the proper materials. I linked the Furcadia site for more infromation on what a dream is.)

The dream is Cypress Homes I've been there since November 2011. I am only a staff member in this dream and my job is to help in-game. I still currently am working there for them to this day. I do not own the dream or the site, nor do I co-own it. The dream is actually owned by Treeki, and Co-Owned by Allen, Elsie, and Madam. I am just a simple staff member who is there to help with the needs of the non-staffs. Such as buying and selling homes, hosting events/games, helping to come up with new ideas for updates. Etc. Most of the 'moderating' is left up to the four of them

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Well, I'm really an outgoing person and I care for a lot of people. I usually try to help people with their problems by giving them someone to talk to and or a shoulder to lean on. I've always loved to help people when they need it. Especially my friends, new old, and those I have not yet begun to know. when I joined this site, I fell in love with it, and since then I've been addicted to it. It is one of the very few pet sites that I actually stuck around for after all these years. The mods and staff are always nice and pleasant. The people in the community are great! It's an all around friendly outgoing game, I've even recommended it to others to try out for themselves. -- I've even met some people on here that I became friends with in Furcadia.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Although I cannot speak other languages. I hope to bring a generous, kind, and caring helping hand to the staff team.

Rangiku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby survira » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:16 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) February 27th 2012, 5:25 PM. I actually joined CS in 2008, but it was on a different account, as I played for a year, then forgot my username, so I just decided to make a different account instead. I think it was something like November 20 2008 6:13 PM?
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 4922!
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) I know I am mature and old enough to being able to handle any of this content, or to be able to view innapropiate images and links.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday I visit CS.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually 3, 4, 5, 6, or more hours a day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Nope, but I know it would be a dream come true!
Well, CS has been a lifetime thing for me. I always love it, and it's my top favorite game, too. I know I've had a few previous issues on CS, but I know they aren't too serious (Correct me if I'm wrong). I've never been any type of staff in my whole life, except for my homemade companies I'm an Administrator of. It has always been my dream to be a staff in CS, and to be a new member of your team. CS is a very amazing smooth site, and it's someday going to hold a big record. I congratulate you for your website, Tess. I will never do anything wrong in CS again (I promise), and it would then start a whole new adventure. :)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I'm only English language
Last edited by survira on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
- infp-t | she/her | sagittarius | - ★。・: dms always open:・゚✩ x
════════════════════════════
♦♦♦ -- ━━ ● Image ● ━━ -- ♦♦♦
survira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Kira:. » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:41 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
I joined Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:28 am.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
So far (Not including this post) I have made 1194 posts.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes I an 18+ and am fine with viewing adult content that are awaiting approval.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I usually visit CS 6 days per week. On a good week, then all 7 days.But every so often I'm out of town on the weekends and don't have internet access unless I go to a Starbucks or McDonalds.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I usually spend a good 4-5 hours a day on CS.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
- No, I have never been a moderator for any other forum, with the exclusion of my own forums.

- I would like to be a CS moderator because I have been on CS for a while now and would love to help keep the
site child and user friendly. I am good when it comes to dealing with people, even when they are
uncooperative. I would love to give something back to CS and the CS community for letting me be apart of
wonderful site. Thank you for the opportunity to apply.

- I can not think of any skills at the moment (other than knowing ASL), but if I do I will post them.
Ask me anything!
.:Kira:. wrote:A Maximum Ride roleplayI am a part of.
.:Kira:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Acaica » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:04 pm

APPLICATION
What date did you register as a CS member?: Mon Aug 31, 2009
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3330 and counting
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: I'm I'm very comfortable with it. Have no problems with dealing with explicit language or pictures and any other content not suited for Chicken Smoothie.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 6-7, and even when I'm not, I can always acess through my phone.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually depending on the day, possibly 3-5. On a really good day, 6 or 7.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? I used to be a moderator on Horseland, until I resigned the position due to an increase in my classes.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I've always had a passion for Chicken Smoothie. When I first discovered it in 2009 I was really intrigued by all of the art and designs and the concept of having a fursona and pets to own and trade. This is a very well put together website and I would be honored to keep it user-friendly and welcoming. I don't get offended easily and I would handle the responsibility of being a global moderator well. I have seen explicit content on here before and then seen how well the moderators handled it and I would be proud to do the same. Chicken Smoothie is a children friendly place and being obligated to keep it that way would be my honor. CS should retain its friendlyness and continue to be a welcoming website for all ages and moderators are the ones who help make that happen. I will do whatever I can to enforce good attitudes and environments. :)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I speak fluent English, Spanish, French, and some Latin.

Thank you for the opportunity! :)
Last edited by Acaica on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tia drawn by Pandah. c:
Acaica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyles » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:42 pm

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?: July 28th, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4,501

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I'm certainly old enough to handle adult content or anything vulgar that happens to appear.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week usually, unless I'm working on projects, which isn't too often.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Altogether between 3-7, depending on the day. If I'm busy with work or school, then less hours, but I'm still on a considerable amount on said days. (I check every 10 min. to hour.) I trade frequently so I'm on as often as possible.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No, I have not. Outside of moderating the FTT xat, I've done nothing all too important on the web. I used to be an important figure over on FooPets when it was free, before I found CS, and I was also involved with FooRadio before it shut down. Ahh, *Nostalgia*...

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I've been a part of the CS community for a long time and I enjoy being here, making friends, and learning. I think it would be a privilege to help keep this site up and running smoothly for everyone that takes time out of their days to visit. I've made many amazing friends here, and I hope to help people do the same. Not to be sappy or anything xD. I suppose I kind of have a certain love for this place. I'd be happy to help out. I'm on CS every day, why not do something worth a hoot while my time is spent here? I would also love the opportunity to improve my German speaking skills, considering I am still learning every day, and, as far as I have seen, there are quite a few Germans hanging around the forums. It always makes me happy to meet people that live all over the world. It's a privilege, really, to be able to speak with people from other nations. That's another reason why I so enjoy Chicken Smoothie, because it is a melting pot for so much culture, and wherever you look you'll find something new and creative and there are always people that share interests, even the most bizarre.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? Well, this certainly isn't an easy question to respond to without sounding egocentric or boastful. I can speak German rather fluently, and a bit of Spanish, though not much. I'm good with people in the way of understanding both sides, considering I've always been a person people come to with problems. I'm easygoing, and I don't mind taking a few moments out of my life to help someone with a problem. I also hate when I need to go to someone to ask a question, yet they are rude/misunderstanding/apathetic. So my goal, whether a moderator or not, is to always help people, but be kind, respectful, and treat them as equals. Everyone's problems matter, especially on a site like this, and that's a very important thing to remember. I also love to meet new people and gain knowledge wherever possible, and it's a great feeling to spread ideas among the community. My little brother, Tommy, joined a while ago and he absolutely loves it. He has been on many times and hasn't seen anything bad and hasn't encountered a single rude person. I'm happy to know that, and I give credit to the many moderators for their work, but also to all of the 'commoner's of CS. To me, they are the most important people, because how they behave, what they do, and when they're here all influence the way this site runs. That's why I'm glad to apply, and glad to see so many others apply, because whether they're chosen or not, they'll still be an important presence on this site. Anyways -coming back from my random tangent- I would suppose I am very open minded, and very willing to understand a situation, but I'm certainly not a pushover. I'm strong-willed, witty, (sometimes a little snarky xD), but nobody will ever catch me being rude or bad-tempered for silly reasons.
My philosophy is to never treat someone badly because I'm having a bad day; that person may very well be having a bad day too.
Thanks for the opportunity, and my wishes are sent out to all who've applied. Good luck, guys xD
~Kyles
Last edited by Kyles on Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When one tries to master something, it ends in either success or failure. But it is in the attempt itself where you find the true value. Believe in your own power and walk your own path." ~Oki

Kyles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby survira » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:48 am

What color are Global Moderator people's names? Sorry, just curious. (:
- infp-t | she/her | sagittarius | - ★。・: dms always open:・゚✩ x
════════════════════════════
♦♦♦ -- ━━ ● Image ● ━━ -- ♦♦♦
survira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chry » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:49 am

Ginger Fox wrote:What color are Global Moderator people's names? Sorry, just curious. (:

They are green :)
Chry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me