GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Postby Tess » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:42 am

Given all the recent changes to the staff team, we find ourselves in need of more moderators!

We are looking to gain around 3 - 4 new moderators. We will be most interested in members who have previously proven themselves to be mature, respectful, friendly, active members of CS. Applications will be open for at least 3 days, and will not be closed until we feel we have enough applications to select from.

Please read the whole topic before replying. If you are aged under 18 then you can not apply.

The job available is for a Global Moderator. The duties of a mod include (but are not limited to):
  1. Checking and approving new posts/COPPA members' posts before they appear in the forum (and disapproving posts which don't meet CS rules)
  2. Deleting, editing, or locking off-topic posts, bullying, inappropriate content, and spam from around the site
  3. Moving topics which have been placed in the wrong board
  4. Responding to topic/post/PM reports/help tickets where players have identified a problem or have questions about the site
  5. Dealing with art theft
  6. Helping to sort out disputes between members and acting without bias
  7. Warning members who have broken site rules
  8. Referring members to an admin or senior moderator if their behavior warrants a ban

As a moderator your role is basically to reduce the levels of nastiness, spam, and inappropriate content on the site to ensure that it is as fun, safe, and friendly as possible for all players. This role sometimes (and often) involves warning trouble-makers for bad behavior, to remind them of what is expected of them.

Many players will not be happy about being warned. You need to be able to deal calmly with conflict, without getting offended or upset. You need to be aware that sometimes you'll gain enemies despite the fact that you've only acted in a calm and reasonable manner to enforce the CS rules.

As a moderator you will gain access to some private information about players like their warning history. You need to have respect for other players' rights to confidentiality and not share any of this information with other people. You shouldn't use this information for anything which doesn't directly relate to your duties as a moderator for CS.

You should use your moderating abilities only where required, and not use them to take advantage of situations for yourself or other players.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...are younger than 18. If you are 18+ but feel uncomfortable dealing with adult (R18) images or language then you should also not apply. Some of the duties of a moderator involve deleting spam from automated spambots, some of which post adult material and images. As it is your job to protect the rest of the site from viewing this content, it wouldn't be appropriate to give you the job if you're likely to be offended by that content. I'm not going to ask for your age, because we don't ask for/share that information on CS, but if you're a member from the US then we probably have your birthdate on record.

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 8 months

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a CS moderator?

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
  3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
  4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
  5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
  6. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
  7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
  8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.

Posts along the lines of 'aww, I'm not old enough' or 'I hope you get hired Sally your application is really good' will be deleted.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby Nokomisfox » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:58 am

I'm just curious, but why do you have to be at least eight months in order to apply?
This ferret dog was named for my deceased ferret Winter. <\3
Pet's name: Winter
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Catkinkitten and I are best friends and Damin. is my cousin so we trade a lot. So please don't ban us.
Nokomisfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloudsong » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:02 am

Nokomisfox wrote:I'm just curious, but why do you have to be at least eight months in order to apply?

Because generally, older members have more experience on the site and would be able to do the job better than a newer member.
I'm no longer an active member of this community, but I'm always looking to commission art of my dog, Pascal the Pomeranian! ^^ PM me if you're interested in drawing him, and we can discuss payment.
Cloudsong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:03 am

Nokomisfox wrote:I'm just curious, but why do you have to be at least eight months in order to apply?

So that we know that you're likely to have a good knowledge about how everything works, understand all the recent happenings, and that you're not likely to lose interest in CS any time soon
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tolui » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:06 am

I would be very interested in becoming a Global Moderator, however I am going to live in a rainforest for a year very soon, and will not have any internet access. Do have any idea if there may be positions available again in the future? I understand completely if you do not yet know. Thank you!
BACK FROM THE JUNGLE!

"It is man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him into evil ways" ~ Buddah
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
~ Bernard Beruch

WattPad
Exciting times folks, I've recently
made myself a lovely little
WattPad account. Anyone who
fancies some awesome-sauce
poetry, comedy, short stories,
philosophy and every other
fantabulous thing that you can
think of, pop along!
>>Click for AWESOME!!<<

Tolui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emgeal » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:09 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: September 15, 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1,167

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: For the last month or so daily, there have been periods where I did not get on for a long time, but this was because I did not have any obligations on the site. Just adopting, trading, and answering questions on my guides which are not exactly question hot spots. I check less frequently on the weekends because some weekends I go home to visit family and do not spend any time on the computer while I am with them.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I usually check multiple times a day on the days I visit to check on threads that I am participating in the conversation (or just lurking). I sometimes spend long periods of time browsing trades threads and experimenting with new linearts/item combinations.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I love this site and I would love to be more involved. I sometimes find my interest waning, but not because the site isn't awesome, but because with my collection bouncing between complete and missing a few pets I don't participate in the trades as much. I was originally interested in the RPing, but the level has deteriorated further (not a problem for most, just for me) and I find myself getting lost in pages of RPing within a day of not checking. (I prefer two-three paragraph posts rather then the two-three lines used most here). I am very aware of the rules of art theft and have learned much of what I know for this site, Deviant Art, and the Creative Commons rules.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: In previous times that I had applied I was not able to say this, but now I can. I have had experience moderating disagreements for both persons aged 14-16 and 18+ due to arguments between my peers (18+) and also high school students whom I work with (I will be doing student teaching next semester to finalize my teaching license for high school.) In my studies I have taken several psychology classes that deal with the most prominent age ranges of members on CS (though I don't know much psychobabble, I can sometimes provide a different way of looking at things.)
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arabian_Knight » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:11 am

1.)What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:51 am
2.) How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)3531
3.) Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)yes over 18
4.) How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days/week
5.) How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 6 or more hours/day
6.)Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. I own my own website for PC gaming and Community Members, program gaming servers and run the servers, and Teamspeak 3.I admin the game severs and ban any cheaters or hackers i have 7 years experience for this.
7.)Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? i spend most of my time on here and enjoy trading and gifting and helping anybody if they have any questions or problem direct them to the right forum post or the right team member.
8.)Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)I own a gaming community, i admin and resolve any issues and admin my own website and day to day running of the website.

Arabian_Knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lethargy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:11 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
    Fri Dec 16, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
    Yes, I am old enough and I am willing to risk seeing the adult content.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    Everyday.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    I say about 8 hours a day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
    I've never moderated outside of Chickensmoothie, but I have had positions as Mods on threads within the site of Chickensmoothie.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    The real reason is because I love helping out a lot. Chickensmoothie has always been my most favorable website I've joined. I've tried on every single global, general, or just particular hirings.. Just helping out on random threads such as the fair thread with people asking whether or not, its fair. I don't care about the popularity or custom pets. I just really want a role on Chickensmoothie. It's always been my dream to finally moderate on an official website. I know the content within the Global Moderators will be very high-risked and very, very graphic.. But I am old enough to risk my eyes to see it. My grammar is fine and my punctuation is a little off. I can just stick around where the position is held and hopefully learn more. I've tried on every forum whatsoever that you, Tess, have opened. I don't want it for popularity or for customs. I actually want to be part of the CS team to help out around. During the storms, advents, situations, or anything that comes toward CS ways. I have never lost any interest in Chickensmoothie since my last account which was made earlier in 2011 around February. I've been majorly addicted to it ever since I first joined. My general knowledge is very down-packed. I know everything that is needed to know about BB coding and such more. I also am signed up for 'Adopt A Newbie' to help out the new comers on the site as well. Thank you for your time^^'
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
    Even though this section isn't needed, I'll answer anyways.
    Yes, I have many skills that can bring to this position. I speak eight different languages and I have taken classes on Peer Mediation.

Image, Image
    → adult - college ♡
    Image Image Image

Lethargy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragongoddest » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:14 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:56 am
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 12069
3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: yes
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 4-12 or more
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them other then my forms on here no
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? i wI'm would love to be a cs moderator because, i love to help this site and the people on it. im always skiming to forma and looking to help user or at lest point them in the right diretion. im also very good with people when they have problums. i always keep a clear mind and i dont pick sides when it comes to dealing with sitwations. im also always looking out for art theift to protect the artist.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position really good at remabering things and keeping calm mine

thank you for considering
ImageImageImageImageImage
dragongoddest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:21 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
October 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
Around 10k

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
I am fine with this.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Daily

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Around 5. It's usually more or less depending on my schedule, but I always find time to pop in at least twice a day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I love helping out other players as I'm very knowledgeabe about the site and have had a through understanding of the rules, despite them not being posted anywhere for many years.
I consider myself to be a level headed person and can see both sides of a situation. In the rare cases when I can't, I know enough to ask for help or wait for a more senior member to answer.

CS has been my home for four years now. I love and care for it to the best of my ability. Yes, even as a regular member.
-I've made a number of suggestions that have positively impacted the site. Including the issue of the Dec 2011 economy, pooling the lesser known site rules, creating the high priority report classification category and the banning of public blacklists.
-I've reported countless off topic posts and things that simply need to be moved.
It would be much easier if I could just take care of these basic things myself as I see them instead of having work for two people.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I'm an archivist. Creepy url aside, if there's been a post that I've seen, chances are I can remember how to find it and link to it. 99% of the time this is usually related to those 'little known rules' or posts high profile people made when clarifying answers to suggestions or problems.

I've been middle management for a number of years, so peer mediation is also something I have experience in.
Last edited by Shian on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me