Equine Transformation Project - VOTING CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Should we update the horses & ponies from 2009-2010 so they match the current lines?

YES!
52%
NO!
34%
Maybe (I don't mind either way)
12%
Unsure (I didn't understand exactly what will be changed)
2%

Total votes : 3566

Equine Transformation Project - VOTING CLOSED

Postby Tess » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 am

UPDATE: NEW TOPIC WITH NEW INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1714268

Hey guys,

We have a bit of a problem with the horses on CS! We have heaps of different versions of horse linearts, and since they're all different shapes and sizes most of our horse items will only fit one or 2 different types. Not to mention it just looks weird having all these different shapes and sizes on one site!

We want to convert all our old "equimagine" linearts from 2009 - 2010 to our current "Yulynh" versions so that the majority of our horses and ponies will look the same and can fit the same items. The current style of horses and ponies are on "Yulynh" linearts and have been that way for the past 2 years so you are all familiar with those lines.

Here's an example of some horses and ponies which have been transformed, the updated "Yulynh" versions are shown in the front and the older "equimagine" versions are shown behind:
http://i.imgur.com/i8QGMS7.png
(the older versions are shown faded out, you can find the originals in the archive if you want a better comparison)

If we update all the equimagine horses and ponies then we will also make sure all the old horse items are updated to fit the new lines so nothing will become useless in the change.

We are not planning on having the "Tess horses" and "Malk Drafts" updated, since those lines were always considered separate from the standard monthly "horse and pony" releases and are intentionally unique.

The unicorns and donkeys will also be updated, but the unicorn lines are not finished yet.

So, do you want us to go ahead with the project to update all the equimagine horses and ponies? If the majority agrees, then all those old images will be slowly replaced with new versions, like the transformations shown in the example image above.

Tess wrote:I notice that a lot of people are saying "No, because I love this one PPS" or "No, because I love this one version of one of the pony stages" etc.

Please consider your feelings about ALL of the horses and ponies. Having one of your favorite's changed might be worth it for the change to hundreds of others that you currently feel ambivalent about.

Edit by Coal:
Tess wrote:Some users say that her lines were traced from photos. equimagine has a longer explanation for how they came about, which in a few words is basically that she referenced for personal use, forgot about it when re-using old personal sketches for CS purposes, and that some connections other users made between photos and her lines were coincidental. Some of her lines closely resemble photographs that she didn't have personal permission to use, which upset many users, and was part of the motivation for retiring her lines in the first place. She maintains that she never intended to use photo-copied linearts for CS and that it was a careless mistake. She did update the lines for a second round but people still mistrusted her and her horses and ponies were not very popular at the time (although apparently have more support these days).

Update wrote:Thanks for all the feedback, everyone :)

I see some questions, answers, and arguments being repeated over and over and over in this topic. If there is anything that you're unsure of, please just read through the topic first to see if what you're looking for has already been covered.

We have noticed that it seems like the main concerns so far are about a few favorite pets like the PPS ponies and the rainbow mane changing. If the opinion remains divided then we may re-vote with new conditions such as keeping the PPS ponies and have special line edits for things like the rainbow mane horse so that it still looks good on the new lines.

Edit by Gatoh:
Ricorn wrote:
  • Harassment of others is never welcome here.
      Just because the user it gone does not give you the right to bad mouth them. It doesn't matter if they did or did not do what you are saying they did. Harassment is not allowed!
  • If you wish to argue with the explanation given, use the Help Tickets.
      There is no point in arguing further. A simple, "I don't believe that and that is my reason for wanting change" is all that is needed, not multiple pages of discussion.
      If you wish to read the explanation given for the tracing issue, it's on the front page.
  • If you have a legal issue you wish to bring up, use the Help Tickets.
      Creating a flash mob will not make anything happen. It will only get frustrating for all sides.
  • If you have said your reasons for your vote, then be off with you.
      There is no reason for you to badger other users for voting the way they want. If you do not agree with their opinion/reasons, then complain elsewhere. They have every right to vote as they see fit as you do.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Equine Transformation Project

Postby Schnuchi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:21 am

Yes, I agree, the new-line art looks great and I prefer them that way.
Schnuchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elsie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:24 am

Out of curiosity, how long would it take, if you did decide to update all of the equimagine horses? ^-^
don't go, i can't do this on my own
taking back what's ours

//
elsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bip » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:24 am

Yes! I agree. c: The new lineart would look great with the old designs. ^^

.............• art shop (closed) • .............................trade thread
art by me. ik it's broken i don't feel like fixing it rn lol

hello!
I'm Bip | they/them
I'm a queer adult player +
freelance artist who
loves D&D, horror,
fantasy, and insects!
Bip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pi. » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 am

Yes! You should do it! c:
ImageImage
-----------

Hey there, I'm Pi!
Need any help? Send a help ticket!
Pi.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:26 am

KittensMittens wrote:Out of curiosity, how long would it take, if you did decide to update all of the equimagine horses? ^-^

probably at least a few weeks for the adults and pps versions, longer for the newborns and foal stages. We'll update all the adult versions first and then update the younger stages so that they look right in the archive

Sorren Fey has already prepared about 25 adults that we can show for further examples
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter.sunset » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:27 am

This is so cool! I especially love the new lines,and I can't wait for the unicorn line arts to come out!!
This must take you a long while,but I'm sure lots on CS would appreciate your hard work!!
Though I do miss the old Equimagine lines,they were beautiful.
Last edited by winter.sunset on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zelda - Saria - Midna - Tetra
Signature Credit
winter.sunset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotty » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:27 am

This sounds amazing, my horse groups would look so neat if it was more uniform^^. (and omg that new draft is just precious with it's little fluffy taiiiil!)
Spotty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 am

I agree, sounds like a good idea! ^^

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 am

Spectacular, genius idea! Here's one prominent thing I have noticed, is that the markings are more defined, sophisticated, and well-drawn on the 'transformed' equines [wave pony is a shining exemplar]. Besides, it's more organized with three main horse linearts instead of seven or eight, so I think this project will be a huge success. Great job, Tess! ^-^
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me