Equine Transformation Project - VOTING CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Should we update the horses & ponies from 2009-2010 so they match the current lines?

YES!
52%
NO!
34%
Maybe (I don't mind either way)
12%
Unsure (I didn't understand exactly what will be changed)
2%

Total votes : 3566

Re: Equine Transformation Project - REMEMBER TO VOTE!

Postby writersbones » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:02 pm

~stablebum~ wrote:I was thinking.. And correct me if I'm wrong but would copying the designs/ colors on the old line arts to the new linearts be considered art theft? You would still be copying someone else's work...

Not if she signed over her rights to CS, as she reportedly did. (I believe I read that somewhere.) If she did that, she has no rights to the designs whatsoever and it's up to Tess completely. And if Tess decides they should be redone on the Yulynh lineart and CS artists make that happen, then it's not theft because it was done with the owner's permission. :) At least, that's my understanding.
ImageImage
writersbones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cranberries » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:06 pm

Will the old pets still be here? o.o
Commissions are open! PM for info c:
Cranberries

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:09 pm

~stablebum~ wrote:I was thinking.. And correct me if I'm wrong but would copying the designs/ colors on the old line arts to the new linearts be considered art theft? You would still be copying someone else's work...

CS owns those designs, as all the designs created for the site are signed over to the site as its property, so there's no issue with transferring the designs from one set of lines to another. :3 We do it pretty often actually, especially at special events, like with the GUPPS, the dog->rat litter, the rat->dog litter, bunnies with designs from other species, etc., as well as pet designs being used for items. A lot of those transfers aren't done by the same artist who created the original pet, but it's not an issue because CS owns the designs rather than the individual artist.

Licky_Slicky wrote:Will the old pets still be here? o.o

The old pets will all be updated to the new versions, so if you have an equimagine horse its image would simply change to the updated version. :3 The pet isn't changed in any other way, so rarity and such would all stay the same.
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kurai Tora » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:11 pm

I think we have pretty much exhausted every side and argument about this topic. I personally think the thread needs to be locked and just let the voting continue until a decision has been made or we decide to revote with new rules about the pps pets and such like Tess said might happen. Until then if anyone has a question I'm more than positive it has been answered somewhere in the thread already multiple times and they can just look it up in the thread for the answer themselves. But this is just my opinion. I hope I'm not mini modding.
Kurai Tora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Indian pony~ » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Oh okay thanks for explaining. The more I look at them the more these darn drafts grow on me-.-
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
~Indian pony~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neku » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:20 pm

Kurai Tora wrote:I think we have pretty much exhausted every side and argument about this topic. I personally think the thread needs to be locked and just let the voting continue until a decision has been made or we decide to revote with new rules about the pps pets and such like Tess said might happen. Until then if anyone has a question I'm more than positive it has been answered somewhere in the thread already multiple times and they can just look it up in the thread for the answer themselves. But this is just my opinion. I hope I'm not mini modding.

Unfortunately, that's not possible - when a threads locked, so is the poll. It's just how the coding of the forum works. ^__^;
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Neku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:22 pm

Satamoru wrote:
Kurai Tora wrote:I think we have pretty much exhausted every side and argument about this topic. I personally think the thread needs to be locked and just let the voting continue until a decision has been made or we decide to revote with new rules about the pps pets and such like Tess said might happen. Until then if anyone has a question I'm more than positive it has been answered somewhere in the thread already multiple times and they can just look it up in the thread for the answer themselves. But this is just my opinion. I hope I'm not mini modding.

Unfortunately, that's not possible - when a threads locked, so is the poll. It's just how the coding of the forum works. ^__^;

In addition to this, searching won't work in this thread for whatever reason
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neku » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:26 pm

DrinaLestrange wrote:
Satamoru wrote:

In addition to this, searching won't work in this thread for whatever reason

That's unfortunately a coding issue with the Announcements forum; any of the threads posted in the actual 'Announcements' half(just the top section, not any of the threads listed under 'topics') don't allow searching. I'm not sure if this is intentional, or just some funky coding, but it's been like that for as long as I can remember.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Neku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks for all the feedback and votes everyone :) we'll post another announcement following up with the common questions/complaints/ideas soon
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me