Applications Open for "Fanart Archivist" position

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Applications Open for "Fanart Archivist" position

Postby Tess » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:06 pm

In centuries past we had an official fanart archive, but it was poorly maintained and eventually removed because it was so out of date. We have had thousands of amazing images, stories & poems submitted to us over the years, but everything just ends up lumped in one bulky forum topic... it is not very easy to browse the latest submissions because images get quoted over and over again, filling the topic with reposted images

We want to put everything up into an actual gallery again, which is organized by date and tagged by artist, so that you can easily browse through the latest entries and look up your old favorites. This will hopefully be added to the main navigation links on the site so that it is easy to find and visit regularly :)

We're going to need a few of our biggest fans to help keep the fan site updated!

This is not a "staff" position exactly, the only area of the site you'll gain access to is the fanart archive itself so that you can post the latest submissions and keep it up to date.

Please apply if you're interested in supporting CS and its fans by regularly displaying users' artwork and writing in the fanart archive.

HTML and coding knowledge will not be required. Long-term members preferred (active member for at least 6 months). Users who have a history of commenting on or contributing to the fanart topic will be given priority. We will hire at least 2 people for this position.

General Helpers and regular members can apply, and there is no age limit, but COPPA users and current staff cannot apply :(

APPLICATION: (please copy, and post your answers in this topic)

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?:
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?:

APPLICATIONS WILL BE OPEN FOR 3 DAYS.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Applications Open for "Fanart Archivist" position

Postby historyOtaku » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Usually about 4-5, sometimes, such as on the weekend, 7-8. Though, when school has vacations, I'm usually on 12-13, unless otherwise notified.
Every day, unless I have exams/tests, or I just have a ton of homework, in which case, I'll notify through my signature.
I would love to help out here on CS, and I would really enjoy to look over fanart for the site. I think it's great that we have such creative artists here on the site, so I would cherish the ability to supervise an entire archive of the wonderful artwork users have created!
Last edited by historyOtaku on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
The tides changed ━ it's time to go home.
The waves said I should go; the wind began to blow,
and the water got tall.
And that's when I went home.
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 26 people.
I have received 17 gifts.
important wrote:my sister and brother both play, and often gift me pets in order for me to gift others.
please don't ban this account, ~morning dawn~, or ~*sakura*~.
historyOtaku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RissyP » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:15 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: up to 5 each day.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Everyday
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: I want to be a fanart archivist because I remember back when we had the fanart archive and I remember looking through it at all the wonderful works of art. I'd like to be a part of it and help CS bring it back if possible. I'd love to be able to look at the fanart archive again, it's been missed and I'd be an honor to be able to be an archivist. Thank you for your consideration.
Tora
By Alaska.
RissyP

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flightstar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:16 pm

From 5-9 hours, as I have no life. ^^

Every day

It sounds interesting, and I like interesting things. I don't normally post in the Fanart sections, and I'm not going to start right away just to get picked. I am going to check it out now, however, and maybe start posting. I have basic BB Code knowledge, and minimal HTML Coding knowledge, too. I have been a member for nearly two years now, and I love art. Please pick me, and if not me, congrats in advance to those picked.
Feel free to refer to me as Flightstar or Flighty! She/Her - I am an adult!
my lovely bf! I may gift him unfairly sometimes
Please trade me! Always looking ♥
Flightstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowing » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:16 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: As much as I can, which I would say is about seven to eight hours at the most on a good day.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: As much as I can, I visit this site everyday.
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: I love CS dearly, I would love to help out in anyway I can. I'd really like to be apart of the team and help out by sorting things <3 I would be gratefully honored to help out.
snowy / snow -- she/her -- college student
i have been on this site since the dinosaur age
snowing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby little things. » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:22 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: 6 hours at the most.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: About everyday.
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: Becuse I am a creative teenager and I support CS whole-heartedly. I'd love to help CS in any way!
Won't be on for a while. I'm getting my laptop fixed..
little things.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noisecollective » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:23 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: About 6 hours in a row, and than another few hours at night.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Every day if I can, if im busy I will get on at every chance possible.
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: Because I love CS so much and this would mean so much to me! I would love to help and even if I dont get the position ill just wait for my next opportunity.
noisecollective

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeee » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:23 pm

I'd say roughly around six on weekdays (I have school from Monday to Friday, roughly 8:25 AM to 3:20 PM),
and around eight or nine or even ten on weekends. Either way, I'm on CS for quite a bit every day.

Unless something important comes up, I am on every single day.

I think it would be really exciting to be a fanart archivist. CS is one of my favourite online pastimes, and I'd love to help out. I'm a person that loves helping in general. If you asked me if I'd help you with something, I'd say yes before you would have the chance to finish your sentence. Even though it is not required, I do have knowledge in how to code and such. I would be honored to work among all of the other amazing staff members.
feelsjoelman
Zeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby littlemoosie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:26 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?: It depends if you're talking weekdays or weekends, if weekdays then a few hours a day, usually after school sometime in the afternoon or at night. Weekends I stay on for several hours a day, but it also varies due to my schedule. I can say that I'm on CS quite a lot.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Seven days a week usually, unless there's some sort of emergency where I can't reach CS. I try my best to log on every day.
Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?: I don't remember seeing the old archive for fanart, maybe I came after it was already gone, but working on it sounds like a very fun position to have and I would love to help out any way I can. I would love to help the community and would put all my work and effort into this section if i did happened to receive the position. I can't say I post too much in the fanart section but I do lurk around there a lot and enjoy it very much. =]

Thank you!

- ducky
♡♡♡
littlemoosie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby potatoes. » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:27 pm

How many hours do you usually spend on CS on an average day?
At the moment, my time online goes from around 7am to 3am, depending on when I wake up. So the longest I'm online is 20 hours, with a minimum of two hours if I can't get online easily for some reason.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day.
Totally not obsessed with cs. Not at all |D

Why do you want to be a fanart archivist?
I've always loved fanart. Generally too timid to comment on it, but I still love it, nonetheless.
With being one of the ones to update the archive, I'd be able to see more of it, which would be wonderful :3
Plus - tomorrow is my last school exam, so I'd have six weeks or so to make sure the archive is absolutely perfect without having to worry about school as well x3
And I'm guilty of making some pixel fanart of my favourite pets here, too, because the pets here are fantastic and deserve some fanart c:
I do genuinely want to help out on cs, though ^^

Even though you said it isn't required, I do have some experience with html and BBcode. Just throwing that out there.
potatoes.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me