Scottie's sites

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

Scottie's sites

Postby Scottish9 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:47 pm

Hello all, Scottie here. I like to poke around on websites from time to time, and I've found a lot of them. Here are some ones I've found (CS excluded) and my beef on them.

LioDen: Ok, the only thing I don't like is that once you get a pretty big pride (like I have), it can sometimes take an hour to feed, entertain, hunt, and do all the other necessary caregiving for your pride. That's time I often don't have, so I tend to take hiatuses. However, your pride "freezes" when you don't roll it over, which is nice. Community is fairly active and engaged, and the sectioned chatbox is a real bonus. It's 16+, which is also nice.

Horse Eden Eventing: love the actual game, despise the community. It's easy to play and the art and colors are great. However, the community is very clique-centric and swift to shred someone like me. And when I stated on my profile that I was shutting down shop (I had some people I cooperated with on there - fellow AA breeders) someone tried to scam me of all my money. Would not recommend if you want a nice and helpful community

Subeta: Very fun game, but surprisingly, item-centric. The pets are adorable and come in many varieties with and without lineart edits. There's literally something for everyone, and the community is spectacular. Also, the Scottish terrier items are so cute!

Flying For Home: great horse game, but the breeds are limited to Thoroughbreds (bit of a letdown for me). Gorgeous art and realistic colors. Can be a bit hard at first, and you have to earn the right to breed your horses, and the community is not overtly active, but I enjoy it. Exercising/feeding/racing can take a bit of time. Words of wisdom: don't get horse trader horses (unknown lineage) and get geldings, not mares or stallions.

BeastKeeper: one of the first games I ever played. I did sometimes feel isolated community-wise (the forums and the game can be a bit separated) and they are in the process of making an upgrade (Beasteon) but it's a nice, relaxing, genetics-heavy game. Like, really into genetices, which is perfect for a future geneticist like me.

Howrse: pretty and all, but extremely confusing. I gave up after 3 days. :?

DragonCave: The pixel lineart is pretty sweet, as is the variety and obvious care put into details and descriptions. Plus, the male/female line differences made collecting even more fun. However, I just couldn't keep up with the demand for clicks. And the community was only accessible by an offsite forum.

PetAdopts: Another cute game with a wide variety, but with the endless demand for clicks. Also, most of the cool pets (imo) were all archived and extremely hard to get. And the breeding system was time- and crystal-consuming.

Draconis Theory: Inactive community, so I was essentially playing by myself. But I liked it other than that. The dragons had a wide variety of species and breeds, and the powers were cool. But I was lonely!

Wolfplay: It was ok. Just could never get into it. I call it newbie's hump: you face it when you're a newb, and it often deters you, but if you keep at it, you'll be grateful.

Wajas: terrible customer service. I signed up to play and didn't get a confirmation email. I sent an email to staff requesting a new activation code, and they never got back to me.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Scottie's sites

Postby Simon » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:56 am

All threads need a clear topic of conversation.
Simon
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me