★ | Dragon Cave Thread | V.20 | ★

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

Re: ★ | Dragon Cave Thread | V.20 | ★

Postby reshiram123 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:11 am

I had 50+ dragons to name and sort since I've been slacking so much, so I just said screw it and went with the rainbow sort. No way I'm naming 50 dragons and sorting them manually when I have over a thousand total. Oh, the joys of having lots of dragons :/
"A good trap doesn't scare people,

The veil once pierced is split for good
By truth's sharp sword it's torn
Take care that all can bear it well
That all may be reborn

Without the sword the war is lost
Excalibur's edge must fight
Yet not with foes of shield and sword
But those who veil the light

Bring here the sword of Camelot
To read of wisdom's page
Without its words, instruction blurs

Image ImageImage Image
It makes them curious."-Michael Westen
User avatar
reshiram123
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:51 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ | Dragon Cave Thread | V.20 | ★

Postby Nepeta HS » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:53 am

reshiram123 wrote:I had 50+ dragons to name and sort since I've been slacking so much, so I just said screw it and went with the rainbow sort. No way I'm naming 50 dragons and sorting them manually when I have over a thousand total. Oh, the joys of having lots of dragons :/

I have 70 dragons I left unnamed, which is half of my lair...
Procrastination is fun
Dragoncave Clickables wrote:
______________________________________________________
In need of Clicks
None ATM
______________________________________________________

About Me! wrote:
Hello! I'm Nepeta HS!
I like Homestuck as you can tell!
I'm also in love with small rodents of many kinds, they're just so cute!
I'm sensitive, and can be angered easily, which I hate...
I love to make new friends, and love to talk to people who I can relate to in fandoms, games, or just in general.

Image
Leetle
Seasons
Miscellaneous wrote:
You'll find me on many games, including but not limited to...
Dragoncave
Transformice [Inactive]
Pokefarm Q [Inactive]
Flightrising [Inactive]
User avatar
Nepeta HS
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:15 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ | Dragon Cave Thread | V.20 | ★

Postby Peachycupcake525 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:03 am

Nepeta HS wrote:
reshiram123 wrote:I had 50+ dragons to name and sort since I've been slacking so much, so I just said screw it and went with the rainbow sort. No way I'm naming 50 dragons and sorting them manually when I have over a thousand total. Oh, the joys of having lots of dragons :/

I have 70 dragons I left unnamed, which is half of my lair...
Procrastination is fun

I have 444 dragons that I haven't named yet and i'm not planning to any time soon.
I am looking for roleplays to join! PM me if you are in or own one that you want me to join.

I am good at spelling and grammar, and when I'm unsure, I use several grammar checkers to be sure. Depending on how much I have to work with and how much I like the plot, my post will be longer or shorter, but I make an effort to give at least a decent paragraph.

I enjoy lots of things. As for roleplays based on books and movies, I would prefer not to list all that I will do, so just really PM me about anything except roleplays centered around romance. I would prefer, though, that lots of information about the setting and everything is provided. I would prefer roleplays that have barely or not started, but if I am given a recap and a place to pop in, I may consider ones that have several pages or more.

My dragons wrote:Image
User avatar
Peachycupcake525
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:00 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ | Dragon Cave Thread | V.20 | ★

Postby Nepeta HS » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:08 am

Peachycupcake525 wrote:
Nepeta HS wrote:
reshiram123 wrote:I had 50+ dragons to name and sort since I've been slacking so much, so I just said screw it and went with the rainbow sort. No way I'm naming 50 dragons and sorting them manually when I have over a thousand total. Oh, the joys of having lots of dragons :/

I have 70 dragons I left unnamed, which is half of my lair...
Procrastination is fun

I have 444 dragons that I haven't named yet and i'm not planning to any time soon.

Rip in pieces
Also I discovered you can bypass a taken two-word or more name by adding an extra space between the words
Dragoncave Clickables wrote:
______________________________________________________
In need of Clicks
None ATM
______________________________________________________

About Me! wrote:
Hello! I'm Nepeta HS!
I like Homestuck as you can tell!
I'm also in love with small rodents of many kinds, they're just so cute!
I'm sensitive, and can be angered easily, which I hate...
I love to make new friends, and love to talk to people who I can relate to in fandoms, games, or just in general.

Image
Leetle
Seasons
Miscellaneous wrote:
You'll find me on many games, including but not limited to...
Dragoncave
Transformice [Inactive]
Pokefarm Q [Inactive]
Flightrising [Inactive]
User avatar
Nepeta HS
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:15 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ | Dragon Cave Thread | V.20 | ★

Postby Birb » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:09 am

    I personally like to name every dragon on my scroll, unless they have a special code like a perfect word or perfect palindrome that I want to show off.

    Out of about 280 dragons total, only 6 are unnamed (not counting eggs/hatchies).
User avatar
Birb
 
Posts: 6875
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:15 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ | Dragon Cave Thread | V.20 | ★

Postby TheTigersDen » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:50 am

reshiram123 wrote:I had 50+ dragons to name and sort since I've been slacking so much, so I just said screw it and went with the rainbow sort. No way I'm naming 50 dragons and sorting them manually when I have over a thousand total. Oh, the joys of having lots of dragons :/

Do I know the struggle I have a custom sort based on rares first, then a little bit of a theme like Nature/water/ royal dragons then holidays, little dragons then the rest is mostly just in order of preference then BSA last.(we don't talk about the dragons after them they don't have a good fate zombie dragons anyone?)

I've slacked on sorting and naming. I mostly name CB or purebred dragons only. I have named some other ones based on their lineages
Image
Image
Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack

One day or day one. You decide.

Never give up, great things take time.
User avatar
TheTigersDen
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:32 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ | Dragon Cave Thread | V.20 | ★

Postby reshiram123 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:54 am

Nepeta HS wrote:Rip in pieces
Also I discovered you can bypass a taken two-word or more name by adding an extra space between the words


Me too, only I put spaces between each letter because when I add extra spaces between the words it starts to aggravate me hehe

_________________________________

What I did originally was my hoard dragons first (at the time anyway) so vamps, undines, shimmers, tinsels, then blacks. After that, the holidays came around, so I placed the Christmas holidays after the tinsels and before the blacks, the Halloweens after the blacks, and the Valentines after those. Then my dragon breed count multiplied so from there I did the rainbow sort. I kind of split the dark colored dragons, though. The grays & dark grays went to the very back of my scroll while the blacks (color black, not dragon) sorted after the blacks (dragon) but before the Halloweens. Then I started getting papers and cheeses and chickens and metals, so I placed the metals after the Christmas holidays and the rest at the beginning of my lair, along with my first dragon sitting at the very top of my scroll.

Every dragon that was released after all of those sorted in rainbow format after the Halloween holidays and the Valentines just sorted in a somewhat rainbow format with the 'common' dragons. Sooo....my custom sort was very confusing, haha.
"A good trap doesn't scare people,

The veil once pierced is split for good
By truth's sharp sword it's torn
Take care that all can bear it well
That all may be reborn

Without the sword the war is lost
Excalibur's edge must fight
Yet not with foes of shield and sword
But those who veil the light

Bring here the sword of Camelot
To read of wisdom's page
Without its words, instruction blurs

Image ImageImage Image
It makes them curious."-Michael Westen
User avatar
reshiram123
 
Posts: 3676
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:51 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ | Dragon Cave Thread | V.20 | ★

Postby FancyToast » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:23 am

Aye, nice poem @reshiram123
Hey you! I have an art shop! Why don't you check me out? <3
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3692523

Check me out on Deviantart!:

https://synkat.deviantart.com/
User avatar
FancyToast
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:13 pm
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ | Dragon Cave Thread | V.20 | ★

Postby TheTigersDen » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Do you guys have a dragon pair you just keep breeding?

I have my Royal Red King and Queen that I keep breeding, they are now up to 26 offspring. I might keeping going till they have 100 as a little goal.
Image
Image
Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack

One day or day one. You decide.

Never give up, great things take time.
User avatar
TheTigersDen
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:32 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ★ | Dragon Cave Thread | V.20 | ★

Postby Catterly » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:26 pm

me;
-takes a one year break from dragoncave after rigorously trying to summon a guardian
-comes back for the new year because winter break in January is boring
-performs summon because ehh why not

https://dragcave.net/view/WNaTZ I BARELY EVEN PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE? (!)

I've always had the worst luck with summoning guardians, why now? What the heck! (This is my first one)
Virtually inactive since last December[2016], sorry if I don’t respond to trades quickly. Sometimes I miss months and events, so any help with gaps in my collection would be a huge help.
Formerly known as Catbusy38
User avatar
Catterly
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:41 am
My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My dressups
Trade with me

Return to Other Websites

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest