Moxins - NEW Adoptable Website - STAFF APPS OPEN

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

Postby Sandstorm814 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:55 am

Welcome to Clearway, home to Moxins, a lizard like species. There are many different terrains to explore here, and moxins to adopt and embark on a quest. What will you do?

A link to the site can be found here, registration is now open!

Suggestions and critique for the site is greatly appreciated <3

Hello! This is a project I've been meaning to take on for a while, and finally got the right form base or it to work! The website is not open to registration yet, but I hope to have it completed by the end of the summer. The next post contains the different linearts of moxins, so see below! I would love any suggestions on how to make the site better and more enticing.

The site will focus around adopting your own moxins, and the adventure they take. A litter of moxins could go up for adoption around each week, that could be raffled of, be FCFS, or some other type of quick contest. Some contests may be an opal auction, or a flat sale, with the site's currency (Opals) There are 5 realms in Clearway, each to its own forum, where you could role-play and interact with other moxins in the area. There can be announcements that some certain area has been struck by a hurricane, and you could write how your moxin was affected, or something along the lines of that. There are a few other forums for chatting about your favorite things and such, and a Forum Games section. This site need a lot of work, I can use as many suggestions/help I can get!

Here's what the site's home page looks like (Minus the admin panel, which will only appear for staff)

And these are the 5 realms. Each realm you are welcomed to by the assigned "welcomer" This moxin is normally the leader of the land, accept for the barren outlands and the foreboding peaks. There are no leaders there.

Preview of what a forum thread looks like: In this case, an introduction to the Barren Outlands.

List of mutations-

Every once in a while a mutation on a toxin will occur. This is because of the extreme conditions moxins live in, causeing by changes in their DNA their body structure.
Uncommon: Horn, Lengthened tail,
Rare: Shorter Tail, Larger ears
Very Rare: Small dragon like wings - no larger than the size of a moxin's head, No eyes (A moxin can be blind. This trait means they are born without eyes)
Legendary: Huge dragon like wings, larger than the size of a moxin's head , Multiple horns, Multiple tails

Body Structure Lore wrote:Moxins are roughly the size a standard office chair. Some Moxins prefer to live their life alone in secluded areas, but most can be quite social with the others in their environment. A Moxin's smooth skin it so strong, it is almost physically impossible to puncture it.

W.I.P

There are 3 staff positions on the site:
Administrators - Position closed, will not open unless one of us is unable to continue to job.

Moderators - Applications currently closed
What you would need to do -
Delete and Lock spam topics
Remind users when they are breaking site rules
Keep on top of a user's opal balance

Artists - Applications Open! See below -
We are looking for artists that can design good quality designs, and edit the lineart cleanly.
For the job, you will have to make at least one moxin batch every month and a half. The batch can have as many as you like, or just a standalone of one moxin.

Admins
- Sandstorm814
- Trixyr

Moderators
- pebby stone.
- L A T I
- KitKaat
- Sodiepop

Artists
- Hey Moon
- BlueTehWolf
- Jipotley
- i n f i n i t e

Code: Select all
[b]Moderator Application![/b]
Username:
How active could you be(please don't lie):
Any past experience? If so, link.
What skills do you have that may help you in this job?
Other:

Code: Select all
[b]Artist Application![/b]
Username:
How active could you be(please don't lie)
Design Examples:
Other:

Please note the end site might look very different, and there still is a lot of glitches and other settings I must deal with!

Next post for linearts
2 posts down, features that soon will be added
Last edited by Sandstorm814 on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:52 am, edited 30 times in total.
Sandstorm814

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Linearts

Postby Sandstorm814 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:54 pm

Not all linearts may be used in the final product

By Trixyr - (First concept, they were the previous owner and creator of species)

By SkyGold

Lineart by me

By trixyr
Last edited by Sandstorm814 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Sandstorm814

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Planned Features

Postby Sandstorm814 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:25 am

1. A site currency - Opals!! They can be earned via filling out prompts and art pieces. Once gathered enough, you can buy a special moxin from the "store", or one that is put ufa for opals. In order to get your opals, you would post on a designated thread with proof of prompt, ect. A staff would update your balance, seen on profile, and edit the post saying - "Transaction Complete!", at the top.

2. Interactive NPCs

So far, there is only one NPC, Jax, the moxin that introduces you to the lava lands.
    Planned NPCs -
    Frost - Welcomer for the Foreboding Peaks
    "Dust" - Welcomer to the barren outlands.

3. Complete Map

An illustration of all the realms
Last edited by Sandstorm814 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Sandstorm814

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Moxins - New website, STAFF APPS OPEN!

Postby Sandstorm814 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Res
Last edited by Sandstorm814 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sandstorm814

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Moxins - Adoptables Website STAFF APPS

Postby Sandstorm814 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:13 am

One last res, just in case.
Last edited by Sandstorm814 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sandstorm814

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Moxins - NEW Adoptable Website - STAFF APPS OPEN

Postby Trphlthdl » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:42 am

mark
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandstorm814 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:23 am

bump
Last edited by Sandstorm814 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandstorm814

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:25 am

Mork
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trphlthdl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:20 am

Up
x
xxxxxxx
🌿🌿🌿
trp | they/them | avatar
feel free to pm or send a trade at any time, although i'm not typically super active
i'm most interested in c$, mushroom or flower themed pets & items, as well as trading
for recreated pets! I've also recently started dnd, and am usually looking for art.
🌿🌿🌿
Trphlthdl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandstorm814 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:30 am

I happy to say I have some new features and news to introduce!

First off: Opals, The site currency.
On a profile, you can view the amount of opals a user has. As an example for what it looks like:

There will soon be a small pixel image made to represent them.

New NPC: Frost

Introducing the official welcomer to the foreboding peeks!
Frost!

She has a strange trait that has her less affected by cold temperatures. It explains why she is one of the few permanent residents, yearlong, even the extremes of the winters there. Frost is very forgetful, and is always missing something or another.
Sandstorm814

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me