BronzeHorse | New game in development

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

Re: My new game! (In development)

Postby trilobitemeat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:45 am

Clawdina wrote:Hi, I'd love to help out, I'm pretty decent at drawing canines and I would also be good for any staff and background drawing c:

Hello! I would love help with the canines! Right now I am looking for large breeds, that are common on farms and ranches. I am currently looking for these breeds: Border collie, german shepherd, labrador retriever, bloodhound. As well as these smaller breeds: Dachshund, welsh corgi, jack russel. Thank you. ^^ I don't think humans are going to be a big visual in the game, but if you enjoy drawing them, there are a couple of places they could fit. ^^ Background drawings are ALWAYS appreciated! I am currently looking for explore background. The backgrounds I need for explore are: Tundra, forest, desert, plains, river, and mountains. ^^

Oh, I don't know! But isn't it nice? Not to know. Ugh. You're not a victim. Not a target. Not just one night it's better to forget.

Eve/Nakaru/Trilobitemeat/Squonk | Adult | She/They
Art Shop | Art Gallery

...But then... whatever in the world could you be?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trilobitemeat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:46 am

Tyersal wrote:Pretty! I love the mane and feathers, some games I've seen don't get them quite right.

'Thank you! <3

Oh, I don't know! But isn't it nice? Not to know. Ugh. You're not a victim. Not a target. Not just one night it's better to forget.

Art Shop | Art Gallery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tornassuk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:51 am

I really like how the game sounds and looks so far. I'd love to help, but don't have the proper tools or experience to contribute much, sadly.
I have a few questions for the game though:
Can only mares be leaders, or can any horse of any gender be leader? Is it possible we could have co or dual leaders, such as a lead mare and the head stallion?
Are there going to be many different kinds of riding gear? Or like howrse where it's just western saddle, western bridle, and english saddle, english bridle? Or will gear customization be much more advanced and have a large variety, such as having roping and barrel saddles, trail riding saddles, dressage saddles, saddle seat saddles? Will there be bitless bridles/headgear in the game? Such as rope halters, bosals, mechanical hacks, sidepulls ,etc.?
Will horses have stats like physical health and mental health, or an overall health bar and a happiness meter? If so, I was thinking there could maybe (if you haven't already thought of this) be debuffs to mental health/happiness if you only have one horse all alone with no other equine friends and things like that.

More of a suggestion than a question, and I'm not sure if you've already thought of it or not or how difficult it would be to code, but maybe you can get certain breeds w/ their own unique lineart if you breed two different breeds together? Like if you bred a Thoroughbred and an Arabian, you end up with an Anglo Arabian and a Morgan to an Arabian would result in a Morab? I understand you can't do this with every horse or combination, it would only just be for the more popular and simple crosses.

Also, is there any way we/I can get email notifications for progress on the game and when it's eventually released/open to the public?
She/Her
Bi | Gray-Ace

Always down to reconnect with people from the past, no matter how long it has been or why it stopped. If you knew me from long ago, feel free to reach out <3

♩ ♪ and i despise my jealous eyes and how hard they fell for you ♫ ♬
Tornassuk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trilobitemeat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:20 am

Scarlit wrote:I really like how the game sounds and looks so far. I'd love to help, but don't have the proper tools or experience to contribute much, sadly.
I have a few questions for the game though:
Can only mares be leaders, or can any horse of any gender be leader? Is it possible we could have co or dual leaders, such as a lead mare and the head stallion?
Are there going to be many different kinds of riding gear? Or like howrse where it's just western saddle, western bridle, and english saddle, english bridle? Or will gear customization be much more advanced and have a large variety, such as having roping and barrel saddles, trail riding saddles, dressage saddles, saddle seat saddles? Will there be bitless bridles/headgear in the game? Such as rope halters, bosals, mechanical hacks, sidepulls ,etc.?
Will horses have stats like physical health and mental health, or an overall health bar and a happiness meter? If so, I was thinking there could maybe (if you haven't already thought of this) be debuffs to mental health/happiness if you only have one horse all alone with no other equine friends and things like that.

More of a suggestion than a question, and I'm not sure if you've already thought of it or not or how difficult it would be to code, but maybe you can get certain breeds w/ their own unique lineart if you breed two different breeds together? Like if you bred a Thoroughbred and an Arabian, you end up with an Anglo Arabian and a Morgan to an Arabian would result in a Morab? I understand you can't do this with every horse or combination, it would only just be for the more popular and simple crosses.

Also, is there any way we/I can get email notifications for progress on the game and when it's eventually released/open to the public?

Thank you for the questions, your interest is appreciated. <3
1. Only the mares can be leaders, unless leading a bachelor herd (which is NOT recommended). In real life wild herds, usually the eldest mare is the one to lead the herd. Stallion very rarely lead herds.
2. That is an interesting question. At first start up, most likely no. Once the game has been running for a few months, depending on funds and popularity, more tack variety may be added.
3. The lead mare will have health and happiness. All other herd members will have happiness and hunger. Hunger can be filled by finding good grazing spots, or by living in a pasture. Happiness can be filled by having a large herd, or by having a foal.
4. 50/50 crosses may have their own lines in the future. Due to the amount of combinations available, it will take a while after the game has been running, or it may not happen at all. I plan on having 30+ breeds, so if there were lines for every cross, that would be 60+ cross lines, and 90+ total. So I doubt it, but I do not deny it. ^^ For horses that are anything but 50/50, the foal will take the picture of the higher percentage.

Art Shop | Art Gallery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tornassuk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:46 am

Thank you for the questions, your interest is appreciated. <3
1. Only the mares can be leaders, unless leading a bachelor herd (which is NOT recommended). In real life wild herds, usually the eldest mare is the one to lead the herd. Stallion very rarely lead herds.
2. That is an interesting question. At first start up, most likely no. Once the game has been running for a few months, depending on funds and popularity, more tack variety may be added.
3. The lead mare will have health and happiness. All other herd members will have happiness and hunger. Hunger can be filled by finding good grazing spots, or by living in a pasture. Happiness can be filled by having a large herd, or by having a foal.
4. 50/50 crosses may have their own lines in the future. Due to the amount of combinations available, it will take a while after the game has been running, or it may not happen at all. I plan on having 30+ breeds, so if there were lines for every cross, that would be 60+ cross lines, and 90+ total. So I doubt it, but I do not deny it. ^^ For horses that are anything but 50/50, the foal will take the picture of the higher percentage.

Thanks for the answers.
I strongly disagree with the first statement about mares and leaders though. My reasoning is largely anecdotal but there's also this:
http://equusmagazine.com/horse-world/bu ... myth-25407
https://horsecrazyagain.com/tag/lead-mare-myth/
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/76bf/d ... 7449df.pdf

I believe in a domestic herd it comes down largely to who has the personality. My 10 yr old mare was higher than 17 year old mare, she was just much more feisty and persistent.

But I will be fine with it either way.

One last question:
Is there a max number of horses you can have, and if yes, do foals/young horses count towards that limit?

I'm excited already, I feel this has great potential. Hope you get all the support and funding you need!
She/Her
Bi | Gray-Ace

Always down to reconnect with people from the past, no matter how long it has been or why it stopped. If you knew me from long ago, feel free to reach out <3

Tornassuk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trilobitemeat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:19 am

Scarlit wrote:Thanks for the answers.
I strongly disagree with the first statement about mares and leaders though. My reasoning is largely anecdotal but there's also this:

I believe in a domestic herd it comes down largely to who has the personality. My 10 yr old mare was higher than 17 year old mare, she was just much more feisty and persistent.

One last question:
Is there a max number of horses you can have, and if yes, do foals/young horses count towards that limit?

I'm excited already, I feel this has great potential. Hope you get all the support and funding you need!

In domestic herds, yes, most likely. The reasoning for wild herds having the oldest, is the oldest usually holds the most wisdom. Also, just a question, I noticed those links said 'feral' horses, instead of wild. Feral means the animal was once tame. Was that simply a language mistake (which is a very common one), or are they actually feral horses? Not arguing or anything, just curios. ^^
Also, the reasoning of the lead mare is simply because that is how most people know wild herds. It is very commonly thought that there is one dominant mare. I think having a dominant mare would make it more realistic for most people. But of course, the game is subject to change, and it is possible I may change it to just 'lead horse' so either stallions or mares can be the most dominant.

For your other question, yes, and no. It is actually a bit complicated. There are two branches you can join, one being domestic, and one being feral/wild. Each with their own difficulties. I won't go into all the detail now. If you are a domestic horse, you have a limit of 20 adults, 20 adolescents, and 20 foals. If one of the horses age up, and there is no room, either one of the older horses must be sold, or the aging horse must be sold. Extra pasture space will be available to buy in the shop, increasing the amount of horses to can have. If you are a feral/wild herd, there is no limit to the amount of horses you can have.

Art Shop | Art Gallery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trilobitemeat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:26 am

Magikx wrote:For the drawing part, I can every so often colour in some animals :3
Just a question, are you adding other animals (I read above about canines)
I would love to help come up with ideas!

There are going to be a few companion choices. Cats, dogs, sheep, goats, and cows are the regular companions. Cats are most likely not going to have many breeds, just longhair and shorthair.

The other animals (companions) can be found in explore, or bought from the store. They keep happiness up. Each companion would have a different buff to something as well.

Thank you for advertising. <3

Art Shop | Art Gallery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tornassuk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:52 am

Evee4ever228 wrote:
Scarlit wrote:Thanks for the answers.

One last question:

In domestic herds, yes, most likely. The reasoning for wild herds having the oldest, is the oldest usually holds the most wisdom. Also, just a question, I noticed those links said 'feral' horses, instead of wild. Feral means the animal was once tame. Was that simply a language mistake (which is a very common one), or are they actually feral horses? Not arguing or anything, just curios. ^^
Also, the reasoning of the lead mare is simply because that is how most people know wild herds. It is very commonly thought that there is one dominant mare. I think having a dominant mare would make it more realistic for most people. But of course, the game is subject to change, and it is possible I may change it to just 'lead horse' so either stallions or mares can be the most dominant.

For your other question, yes, and no. It is actually a bit complicated. There are two branches you can join, one being domestic, and one being feral/wild. Each with their own difficulties. I won't go into all the detail now. If you are a domestic horse, you have a limit of 20 adults, 20 adolescents, and 20 foals. If one of the horses age up, and there is no room, either one of the older horses must be sold, or the aging horse must be sold. Extra pasture space will be available to buy in the shop, increasing the amount of horses to can have. If you are a feral/wild herd, there is no limit to the amount of horses you can have.

Alright, cool cool.

And, as far as I understand it, there is only one breed of horse left that is called 'truly wild' because it was never domesticated, the Przewalski horse. The proper term for all other horses in the wild is 'feral', even if they were born and raised in the wild, and their parents, grandparents, great grandparents were born and raised in the wild, they are still considered 'feral'. So the horses in the study are 'wild' but not 'truly wild' as they are not Przewalski horses and that's why they call them 'feral'.
She/Her
Bi | Gray-Ace

Tornassuk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trilobitemeat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:20 am

Scarlit wrote:And, as far as I understand it, there is only one breed of horse left that is called 'truly wild' because it was never domesticated, the Przewalski horse. The proper term for all other horses in the wild is 'feral', even if they were born and raised in the wild, and their parents, grandparents, great grandparents were born and raised in the wild, they are still considered 'feral'. So the horses in the study are 'wild' but not 'truly wild' as they are not Przewalski horses and that's why they call them 'feral'.

Very interesting. I find that really strange. It's the same as saying since wolves can be tamed, then they are feral as well. Hmm...the English language is weird. X3 Thank you got letting me know though. I love przewalskis...thank you for reminding me of them, I am going to go make a lineart for them now. XD

Art Shop | Art Gallery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trilobitemeat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:51 am

The layout for the home page has been confirmed. :) This is going to be the layout. The text is not yet added though. Also, for that box on the right, what do you guys think it should be? I am talking about the box directly across from the lead horse's health and happiness box.
http://orig11.deviantart.net/e618/f/201 ... b371f5.jpg

Also, if you see ANYTHING that is off center, or crooked, or something please do say something!!! I have used a ruler to try to get the boxes lined up and what not, but I am not sure how well it worked. If you see something but don't say anything, it will only make coding the front page harder. :) Thank you.

Art Shop | Art Gallery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me