Anyone Playing DragCave? *V.12*

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

Anyone Playing DragCave? *V.12*

Postby cup of cocoa » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Do you play DragCave?
Do you want to share your Scroll to others and converse about the Dragons, and possibly trade?
Well, you've come to the right place!

Here you can talk all you want about DragCave, or talk to other people if they'd like to trade or not.

----Rules----

Spam is a huge problem in this thread. Keep it clean by following these rules.

- Do not talk about anything besides Dragcave.
This includes, family, friends, pets, etc. These sorts of conversation should be taken to PM.

- No Mini-Modding.
If someone is breaking the rules, wait a moment until someone either points them in the right direction or links them to the front page. It clutters the thread when there are 10 people correcting one person's mistake. If you see someone has already done it, don't post. It only creates arguments and spam.
We have mini-mods for this. If you are not a mini-mod, do not worry about it.

- Do not be rude to other users.
Do not post something rude or spiteful to anyone who is new, has a dragon you want, or anything else. This includes making any user feel bad because they got an egg that you wanted. It also includes begging for any eggs that a user may own.

- Do not ask for clicks here.
This is probably one of the most needed things to remember. If everyone were allowed to post their eggs here, it would become chaotic. Tess made this thread for you to post your eggs here.

- No one word posts.
Posts that contain only words such as: cool, nice, and hi, will be reported and deleted.

- No Double Posting.
Please kind users, try not to double post. It really spams up the place.

- Do not complain about eggs not growing up.
Your dragon cave eggs will grow up when they hit 3 days and 23 hours. Complaining about them not growing up fast enough is annoying.

Remember not to beg for certain eggs/hatchlings.
If a user is trading an egg/hatchling that you want, do NOT beg for it. This spams up the thread and grows to be very irritating. If you want it, allowing the user to either gift it to you or try to trade for it yourself, but remember not to beg for the eggs/hatchling. even through PM.

----FAQ----
----What You Need and Want to Know About DragonCave-----

Past Dragcave Threads

What is Dragon Cave?

*Dragon Cave is a virtual pet site a bit different from some of the others. You can raise, breed, and grow your own dragons of a variety of breeds. Dragon cave dragons grow through views and unique views, which a user can receive from placing their dragon in forums or through the help of really effective sites that earn them with little effort on the user's part, known as click sites.

Dragon Cave has its own forums as well as a huge player base.

Commonly Used Terms and Abbreviations:

DC: Dragon Cave, referring to the site itself
CB: Cave Born, referring to dragon with no parents that was grabbed from the Biomes/main caverns
AC/AP: Abandoned Cave/Abandoned Page, referring to the page of eggs abandoned by their owners which other users can grab from
Lineage: a dragon/egg/hatchling's family tree, shown on their profile page; certain lineages are more desirable than others
Thuwed: a somewhat valuable lineage that originated off of the Dragon Cave creator's scroll, TJ09.
Dorkface: a somewhat valuable type of lineage that originated off of a CB Gold Dragon named Midas Dorkface who's owned by ladiefare
IOU: "I owe you', usually referring to owing another user an egg or hatchling that they can't give straight away

1- Where can I find a list of all the dragon eggs, breeds, hatchlings, and where/when to find them?

*The Dragon Cave Wiki provides a great deal of information for newer users. It has different charts, detailing every stage of every breed from egg to adult. Other useful hints/guides it includes are:
-Where certain eggs can be found
-What Eggs are Which Breed
-Rarities
-Breed Specific Abilities
-An Explanation on Dragon Sickness
-Different Trophies and How to Earn Them
-and much more!

2- When will my egg hatch? When will my hatchling mature?

*Eggs and hatchlings just don't randomly hatch or grow. If they have enough views, they are actually quite predictable!

For Eggs:
Eggs should hatch at 3 days, 23 hours left to their growing period as long as they have enough views. If they do not hatch by this point, you may want to consider adding them to a click site. A list of click sites will be provided further down in this post.
For Hatchlings:
Hatchlings will turn in to adults on the same time line that eggs hatch at- 3 days, 23 hours, so long as they have enough views. It should also be noted that hatchlings gender between 5-6 days left, usually closer to 5 in most cases.

3- How do I trade eggs and hatchlings or gift them to another user?
*In order to trade or swap hatchlings or eggs with another user, you must first have an adult Magi dragon on your scroll. An example of this dragon is to the right of this answer. This dragon is necessary because of its 'Teleport' BSA, or Breed Specific Ability, which is what allows you to trade/swap/gift dragons with others.

To use Teleport, click 'Actions' by your Magi on your scroll. Then, choose 'Teleport', the final option on its action page. Next, it will take you to a screen with all your available hatchlings/eggs that can be traded and allow you to choose either a one or two way trade.

It is best to PM the person who you want to trade with the link, especially if it is just you giving them a free egg/gift, otherwise other users will be able to snatch it. However, it can be given out publicly as well for you to collect and review offers on a certain egg, much like an auction in other circumstances.

It is against the rules to trade eggs/hatchlings for off-site pets, such as CS ones. This offense is capable of getting your scroll burned and deleted permanently- don't do it!

Hatchlings with names cannot be traded.

4- How Do I Make My Egg/Hatchling Grow Up?
* Only two things play a huge factor in an egg or hatchling making it to their next growth stage- views and unique views. It is a DC myth that in order to hatch or grow, an egg or hatchling must be clicked on by many people. This isn't true; Dragons have matured with only 1 click on their profile- the one their owners gave them.

The important factors for a dragon/egg are unique views and views. To get these two things, you have two main options:
1- Put your eggs/hatchlings in your signature and generate views by posting on this site or others.
or
2- Put your eggs/hatchlings on a click site, which automatically generates views for you, with much less work.

Be careful though! If an egg or hatchling gets too many views or unique views in a short time, they can get 'sick'. To cure sickness, go to the affected creature's actions and choose to hide it until the sickness goes away. Hiding the dragon prevents it from receiving more views/unique views, and the sickness will disappear eventually. Sick hatchlings and eggs will show up at the top of your scroll as a warning. Remember to unhide the dragon/egg later though!

5- What is a 'Click Site'? What are some good click sites to use?

* A click site is a place where you enter your scroll name and choose eggs/hatchlings to leave on the site to accumulate views, which helps them grow. There are a variety of dragoncave click sites, some more helpful than others, but all of them fairly effective. Here is a list of a few of them you may find helpful:

The Allure of Neglected Dragons
Silvi's Lair
DragHatch
Eggs Around the World
Boiled Eggs

6- What are BSAs? How are they used?

BSA means Breed Specific Ability. Certain dragons on Dragon Cave can use certain special actions specific to their breed. There are currently 8 BSAs.

Cooldown basically means the time it takes for a BSA to be usable again. For example, a Red can only use Incubate every 14 days. When it is in cooldown, that means that you've used the ability too recently to use it again.

Bite:
Image-Used by Vampire dragons to convert eggs in to their own species. It has a 31 day cooldown. Can be successful, can kill the egg, or can be successful yet egg will be kicked off the scroll by a user's other dragons, an outcome commonly referred to as the egg being repulsed.

Earthquake:
Image-Used by Earth dragons (AKA Green and Pebble dragons) to force eggs to hatch earlier, much in the same way as Incubate. However, unlike Incubate, Earthquake can possibly kill the eggs as well. One Earthquake affects all eggs, while Incubate can only be used on one egg. It has a cooldown of 14 days.

Fertility:
Image* Used by Purple dragons, it increases the chances that an egg will be born, but does not actually affect what species the egg will be. Fertility can't over rule a plain refusal between 2 dragons. Cooldown is 14 days.

Incubate:
Image*Used by Red dragons. Incubate only works on eggs that still have more than 3 days left to hatch. Using Incubate removes a 24 hours block of time from your egg's growth, causing it to grow earlier as long as the egg has enough views. Incubate can only be used once per egg and has a cooldown of 14 days.

Influence:
Image*Used by Pink dragons, this breed 'influences' an egg to be the gender of the dragon doing the influencing. For example, a male Pink can Influence a Red egg to be a male. This BSA has a cooldown of 7 days.

Splash:
Image*Used by Shallowwater dragons, this ability is used solely to gain the Magikarp trophy for your scroll. After 100 uses of this BSA, the trophy will be earned. Afterwards, it becomes useless. The cooldown for Splash is 24 hours.

Summon:
Image*In order to use this BSA, you need to have 3 distinct types of dragons- at least one of each, you need the Magma, Ice, and Thunder breeds. Summon calls forth a Guardian dragon egg when successful, an extremely rare breed that each user can only successfully summon twice. However, this BSA has a high failure rate. Cooldown for Summon is 14 days. No matter how many 'Trio' dragons you have on your scroll, it can only be used once every 14 days.

Teleport:
Image*Used by Magi dragons, this BSA allows users to trade/swap/gift dragons to other players. Cooldown is 2 days.

I'll explain a little bit about BSAs, but if you want to know more, click this link if you have any more questions.

7- What are the Trophy Levels?

*There are 3 separate, basic trophies that all DC members can earn, regardless of time. They are based on scroll size, and divided in to 3.

New Users:
Users without any trophies can only have 4 eggs with 12 growing dragons total. This is for users with 0-50 dragons.

Bronze:
*Users with Bronze trophies have anywhere between 51-200 dragons. They can have 5 eggs and 15 dragons growing total.

Silver:
*Users with Silver trophies have anywhere between 201-500 dragons on their scroll. They can have 6 eggs and 18 dragons growing total.

Gold:
*Users with Gold trophies have 500+ dragons on their scroll. They can have 7 eggs and 21 growing dragons maximum on their scroll.

There is no limit to how many dragons you can have! Users can have as many adult dragons on their scroll as they would like. However, certain Holiday/Special breeds, mostly Christmas ones, are limited to 2 per scroll. See the Wiki for more information on these breeds.

8- Who are our mini-mods and who will make the threads when we reach 900 pages?

*We have a group of awesome people on our thread to help keep this place happy and clean. Don't be afraid to ask them for help if you need it! Please do not request to become a mini-mod.
~Mini-Mod/Thread Maker
-Thread Maker

~Aralas
~Rhunön
~Dia.
~Liirarwen
-Jäger
-Jenneta
-Jetta
-Jüska
~xX-PandaPirate-Xx

9- Are there other DC Users Like Me on Chicken Smoothie?

*Certainly! There are a bunch of friendly users here on CS who are also active in DC. Here is a list of people who have volunteered links to their scrolls or posted them. If you want to be added, just PM me! ^^

Applefall's Scroll
Aralas's Scroll
Asaki's Scroll
Bast's Scroll
Black-Heart-Always's Scroll
carolinecruz <3's Scroll
Count-D's Scroll
Daffodil2000's Scroll
{fiction-and-fact}'s Scroll
Flicka's Scroll
Gone with the Wind's Scroll
HoodieZombie's Scroll
I8chichi's Scroll
Jenneta's Scroll
Jetta's Scroll
Junsui's Scroll
Kittehkat5's Scroll
KittyShield101's Scroll
Knight of Hearts ❤'s Scroll
LierrePONY's Scroll
Liirawen's Scroll
Manx's Scroll
moomoomilk's Scroll
Nefarious's Scroll
NightFlame22's Scroll
NiGHTS's Scroll
Pear's Scroll
Pickleabanana1's Scroll
Pinkie Pie!'s Scroll
-Sorbet-'s Scroll
Superdude44's Scroll
Tesalong's Scroll
Tunnelingcat's Scroll
TwistedDreams's Scroll
Twisted Transistor's Scroll
Morality's Scroll
WolfWindMoon's Scroll
xRIOT!'s Scroll
Yoyce's Scroll
Zarago's Scroll
Zboe's Scroll
Jüska's Scroll
L's Farewell's Scroll
Amber's Scroll
RejectedTears' Scroll
Òctavia's Scroll
~ Smokey.T.Wolf ~'s Scroll
Abissh's Scroll
Scathach the Shadow's Scroll
YukiUchiha's Scroll
wolfeh123's Scroll
Dia.'s Scroll
- Kat -'s Scroll
Phantom's Shadow's Scroll
InterfectorFactory's Scroll
xX-PandaPirate-Xx's Scroll
PolarAzulTigris' Scroll
Shadowheart's Scroll
Camo's Scroll
Camo's Scroll 2
Crosslee1's Scroll
Nowl's Scroll
IronTiger's Scroll
buddy2's Scroll
*rainbow-skittles*'s Scroll
SarinaAeon's Scroll
saix1994's Scroll
Barb_'s Scroll
puddssoul's Scroll
ClarrissaK's Scroll
.:saphira:.'s Scroll
Queen of Anything's Scroll
(:Spottedleaf:)'s Scroll
Saphira344's Scroll
Vomit's Scroll
PinkSpaniel's Scroll
LonerDiemos's Scroll
Hugger's Scroll
~ Dragon Lover ~'s Scroll
mayflame15's Scroll
sturturro's Scroll
Winxclublover's Scroll
kitty09337's Scroll
wiserbry000's Scroll
Fawn Face's Scroll
baby grl's Scroll
Last edited by cup of cocoa on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PokeFarm Q account
I stream at twitch.tv/cuppofcocoa !
hullo! I am cocoa. I am more active
on PokeFarm Q, so feel free to contact
me there if you need anything c:
{ join and get 1 free rare OR 20 C$! } | { trading pets + C$ for PFQ }
{ cs shop + looking for 2014 halloween foxes } | { avatar credit }
cup of cocoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anyone Playing DragCave? *V.12*

Postby Paper-Thorn » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:13 pm

New thread!
▬▬ ♣ ▬▬
❝ Canadian ❞

Tumblr
FlightRising
Wattpad
Youtube
Starfy333 is my sister, sometimes we will share a laptop. Thanks.
Paper-Thorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfwindmoon » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:14 pm

mmm new thread smell <3 Cn't believe how long it took us to go through that last one. Remember the thread-a-month times? x3
wolfwindmoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saphira344 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:16 pm

those where amusing wolf
Check out this awsome streamer
Adorable pokemon gif's, click to go to the makers deviantart profile.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My photo gallery. ||My raindom lines||Asperger Syndrome||Ask me ||Athena||Moon Frost(Frost)||Tilly's story|| Arachnia ||

ImageImageImage
Saphira344

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solidagold » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:18 pm

c: I'm here ^^
aaaaaa𝚂𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚕𝚍

aaaaaaaaashe/they biadult
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaafind me elsewhere
aaaaaaaTumblraaaaaaaTwitter
aaaaaaToyhouseaaaaaFlight Rising
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaCompleted CS Collections
aaaaaaaaOwlsaaaLionsaaaMacaws
aaaaaaMalk FoxesaaaWarrior Cats
aaaaaaaaaaaWestern Dragons
Solidagold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Twignapped » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Image Image
Two CB Pinks in one night!?
;u; I'm one happy girl right now.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Twignapped

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ladybug5 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Yay! New thread :)

So I found out that my canopy dragon was inbred. Would anyone want it? If not I would just end up keeping it. I didn't notice it was inbred until after I bred the two dragons.
I am one of the Wishing Phoenix! I gift good people their wishlist pets! Please do not send me trades, for I will come to you. Thank you. :)

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solidagold » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:56 pm

I'll take it if your willing to give it up c:
aaaaaa𝚂𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚕𝚍

aaaaaaaaashe/they biadult
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaafind me elsewhere
aaaaaaaTumblraaaaaaaTwitter
aaaaaaToyhouseaaaaaFlight Rising
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaCompleted CS Collections
aaaaaaaaOwlsaaaLionsaaaMacaws
aaaaaaMalk FoxesaaaWarrior Cats
aaaaaaaaaaaWestern Dragons
Solidagold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Twignapped » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:57 pm

ladybug5 wrote:
Yay! New thread :)

So I found out that my canopy dragon was inbred. Would anyone want it? If not I would just end up keeping it. I didn't notice it was inbred until after I bred the two dragons.

Can I see the lineage?
[[Love yer icon BTW]]
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Twignapped

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NeonAnomaly » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:58 pm

Almost time for a new cave drop. I'm still growing my olive dragon hoard. Hope to catch more this time.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NeonAnomaly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me