warrior cat name and character review v.3 [ new owner! ]

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

Re: warrior cat name and character review v.3 [ new owner !

Postby notwearingsocks » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:04 am

Katrione wrote:
image ( preferred ) / description: light ginger tabby she-cat with blue eyes.
name: squirrelstar
clan: echoclan (now starclan)
personality / skills: eager and bubbly/ amazing climber
important notes: she has a knick in her right ear from when her older sister, glass, accidentally caught her ear with her claws while trying to escape from a dog. (glass was trying to climb up after squirrel into the tree but the dog grabbed one of her legs and yanked her down and glass caught squirrel's ear while trying to scramble back up the tree)

Full background, including a list of her extended family (i.e. aunts, cousins etc)

name type: canonical ( squirrel- -flight )
name rating: 9/10
alternate name: none!
name reasoning: while i, personally, find the name squirrel to be used rather often, i feel it fits well with this cat, especially with the mention of her being an excellent climber. the personality, too, seems to fit the prefix squirrel-. when i imagine a squirrel, it's rather hyper and excited, which seems to go along with the eager and bubble trait.
character assessment: i love love love her personality, but i'm a bit stuck on the nick in her ear - while i love little traits like that, the way she got it seems to be rather odd. it seems a bit complicated to have her sister accidentally catch her ear.
character suggestions: perhaps maybe her sister should be trying to pull her up into the tree and caught her ear, or while they were running squirrelstar caught her ear on a thorn and tore it, or one of the dogs snagged it?

Simonpet wrote:Name: Carpkit
Description: Carpkit is a golden-brown tortoiseshell tabby with kitten-gray eyes.
Important notes: I'm looking for a traditional name review. While I'm not going to change her name, I'd like to know if it fit in the first place.

name type: traditional
name rating: 10/10
name reasoning: i absolutely love the name - it fits perfectly. when you google carp, a brown-gold fish comes up, pretty much the exact color as the kit's pelt. however, her clan would probably have to be centered around or near a stream or lake or other body of water, as i can't imagine a clan, say, in a cave, would know what carp are.

Christmas in July wrote:name: morningfall
description: siamese cat
important notes: medicine cat / sassy / annoying

name type: lyrical
name rating: 8/10
alternate name: duskfall ( with the grey colors of a tabby, it would fit better than morning-. morning- usually refers to an orange / pale cat. )
name reasoning: while the name morningfall is a rather pretty name, it doesn't seem, to me, to fit the sassy / annoying aspect of her personality.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlive or die trying.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx┌────────────────┐

haleigh [ she/her ] / north carolina / adult

ravenclaw / dog groomer / writer / explorer

links !
my kalons
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx└────────────────┘
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notwearingsocks » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:40 am

winter solstice. wrote:
name: Shadestar
description: A black tom with short fur, has amber eyes.
important notes: his warrior name was Shadestorm.

name reasoning: personally, i find the prefix shade- to be rather overused, but with the suffix -storm it actually sounds quite nice, leaning more towards a lyrical type, though the shade- refers to coat color.

name: Darksplash
description: A black she-cat with white patches. She has green eyes.
important notes: I feel like Dark- or Night- is a little too overused in a lot of my naming? So a bit of advice on alternate names please?

name rating: 6/10
alternate name: mottledsplash/-patch, bark-, ashwood/ash-, beetle-
name reasoning: i agree, dark- and night- are really, really popular names with everyone, i think. i'd recommend one of the above names, and, personally, i like beetle- as a prefix, though some might want to shy away from naming their cats insect-based names.

name: Cloudfrost
description: A pale gray tabby she-cat with a medium-length coat and blue eyes.
important notes: she is a medicine cat.

name type: canonical ( cloud- )
alternate name: palefrost, flurry-
name reasoning: while i'm not the biggest fan of the prefix cloud-, the suffix might work well with a few other prefixes.

name: Moonfall
description: a cream-coated she-cat with green eyes
important notes: after reading over your notes, I noticed I'd used Moon- on her, whoops. Any good suggestions? (I imagine her as a fluffy-coated cat)

name rating: 6/10
alternate name: curled- / fallen- leaf, sand- ( -step ), morning- ( -fall would still work! )
name reasoning: as stated in the intro and in your notes, moon- is a rather important figure in cat life, and so therefore they would hardly ever name a cat moon-.

name: Sunstream
description: a tortoiseshell-and-white she-cat (predominantly black in the tortoiseshell part) with amber eyes
important notes: is there a good alternate prefix for her traditional-wise? I kinda took Sun- from Sunstrike, a canon warrior (WindClan or RiverClan, I can't remember)

name type: traditional/canonical
name rating: 7/10
alternate name: dawn-, reed-, trout- ( both reed- and trout- if she lives near a body of water ), poppy-, duck-, shrike-, heron-, kestrel-, owl-
name reasoning: most of the above names refer to things with slight orange color. reed-, trout-, and duck- would be best if she lives near any body of water.

links !
my kalons
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sharklord » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:17 am

name: poppystorm & tansycloud
description: calico & tansycloud
important notes: both medicine cats / poppy is pregnant / tansy was previously named ghostfur
sharklord

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notwearingsocks » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:18 am

Christmas in July wrote:name: poppystorm & tansycloud
description: calico & tansycloud
important notes: both medicine cats / poppy is pregnant / tansy was previously named ghostfur

name type: traditional & traditional
name rating: 7/10 & 8/10
alternate name: ( poppystorm's ) petal-, blossom-, maple-, berry- & ( tansycloud's ) petal-, suncloud, honey-, -breath ( honeybreath, petalbreath, etc. )
name reasoning: while i like the suffix -storm, poppy is a rather overused prefix. maybe something a bit more nature/flower oriented, like petal- or blossom- ? petalstorm sounds really nice ! and for tansycloud, let me just say that that's a beautiful cat. but for her, she doesn't really strike me as a tansy ? when i think tansy, it's a yellow flower, so it's usually associate with light-colored cats and ginger tabbies. however, this cat is of the darker variety, so maybe something like honeycloud or suncloud ?

links !
my kalons
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolflover34 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:28 am

image ( preferred ) / description: http://cdn.attackofthecute.com/January- ... 6-56-k.jpg
name: FireHeart/AshPaw
clan: River
personality / skills: Hunting climbing
important notes: He
Throw me to the WOLVES and I'll return leading the pack!
wolflover34

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: warrior cat name and character review v.3 [ new owner! ]

Postby notwearingsocks » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:51 am

wolflover34 wrote:image ( preferred ) / description: http://cdn.attackofthecute.com/January- ... 6-56-k.jpg
name: FireHeart/AshPaw
clan: River
personality / skills: Hunting climbing
important notes: He

name rating: 4/10
alternate name: carpnose, honeywhisker, sunfoot, reed-, sand-, clay-
name reasoning: ( as you didn't quite fill out the important notes section, i can't really answer this fully ! ) i'm just going to admit, i hate when people use the prefix fire-. there are so so so many other ginger cat related names out there.

links !
my kalons
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starsailor » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:47 am

name: Whiteleaf
    description: A white molly with brown splotches on her back
    important notes: When I first named her, her suffix would be -leaf, because the brown on her back kind of represents a leaf shape, but now, I'm not too sure because -leaf is more of a name for medicine cats?
x

sad birds
still sing
╔╗
║║
╚╝
╔══════════════════╗
..prev. ƜαтєяƜσƖf600 || they/them || carrd

╚══════════════════╝
╔╗
║║
╚╝
starsailor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winter solstice. » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:46 pm

sweeeet, thank you for the responses ^-^ here's an explanation for why Shadestar was named that, just in case. I realize Shade- being overused ^^'

Shadestar was rather wild and energetic in his youth, and was named -storm for his dynamic personality. He calmed down somewhat with becoming deputy and later, leader, when he learned to take responsibility for his actions. By no means an "evil cat", as could be suggested by his prefix Shade- ^^'

Anyway, I actually like your suggestions ;o as for the alt names...

Darksplash- wouldn't an ash tree be more gray? Or am I just biased because of canon now (Ashfur/Ashfoot)? But anyway, Mottledsplash looks amazing, I'll rename her to that ^-^
      Cloudfrost- oooooh, so Cloud- isn't a traditional name ;o I had no idea. Both your suggestions sound great, but I like how Palefrost flows in my head better, ahahaha. She'll be Palefrost, thank you!
      Moonfall- yeah, I realize that. I thought of Moonflower (Bluestar and Snowfur's mother) and thought maaaaybe it was okay. Then saw your notes and that made more sense in my head haha. I like how Fallenleaf sounds in my head, but wouldn't -leaf usually be reserved for medicine cats, since it denotes a great skill with herbs?
      Sunstream- yes, she does have some ginger in her fur, but the black coloring is more distinct. The Clan is a seaside-dwelling one that has a freshwater river flowing into it on one of its borders that the Clan uses to fish for freshwater fish. So both Reed- and Trout- do make sense ^^ Ooooooh so I could use Dawn- for her ;o had no idea haha. But since I feel like that's also somewhat overused, I think I'll go with the lesser-used Reed- and rename her Reedstream.

Thank you so much ♥
Hello, I'm winter! Hope you have a great day or night wherever you live~!

Winter / Fairy / Gale
Formerly FairyCharmed
She/Her - Korea - UTC+9hrs.
winter solstice.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notwearingsocks » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:23 am

ƜαтєяƜσƖf600 wrote:
    name: Whiteleaf
    description: A white molly with brown splotches on her back
    important notes: When I first named her, her suffix would be -leaf, because the brown on her back kind of represents a leaf shape, but now, I'm not too sure because -leaf is more of a name for medicine cats?

name rating: 7/10
alternate name: mud-, wood-, bat-, deer-, fawn- ( fawnspot, whitefawn, fawnpelt ), doe-, hare-, minnow-
name reasoning: while leaf traditionally is a medicine cat name, in my opinion, at least, it can generally be used for any cat, but paired with the prefix white- it makes for a rather plain name ( fallenleaf, curledleaf, oakleaf, other more descriptive prefixes make it a better name ). i, personally, think the prefix fawn- would be better, especially with the spotted brown color.

@winter solstice. ; ash trees, while they can appear grey, are more of a dusty brown color with vibrant green leaves ! i think ash- as a prefix in canon refers more to ash as a substance, in reference to fire.
while leaf traditionally is a medicine cat name, in my opinion, at least, it can generally be used for any cat ! leaves are a big part of forest life, and so, while it may suggest a reference to trees/foliage, don't most clan cat names? poppy-, orchid-, oak-, elm-, etc.
reedstream sounds great ! i'm glad i could help ! :0c ♥

links !
my kalons
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katrione » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:59 pm

name: witheredstalk
description: brown and ginger mottled she-cat with a bushy tail and olive green eyes.
important notes: her mother chose to name her witheredkit after the kit's father's clan= witherclan. squirrelstar chose to give her the -stalk suffix because she's sneaky and a good hunter.

name: beestripe
description: dark brown ginger tabby she-cat with pale amber eyes
important notes: she was named bee for her snarky and sharp attitude. she is in a forbidden relationship with wickerfur, the medicine cat of adderclan.

name: hurricanejaw
description: black and white tom with yellow eyes.
important notes: no reasoning behind his name, i just thought it sounded cool. he's the son of a warrior and a medicine cat.
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me