Plot help

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

Plot help

Postby Scottish9 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Hello all! Scottie here!

I like to RP, but just like everyone else, any RP that I join needs to have a good plot!

So that's what I'm here for today; to rate and help you with your plots, and to give you some plot ideas I have!

A few general rules:
~Please be nice
~Please post critique forms on this thread
~If you're going to use a plot, please say so. That way, I can remove it
~Credit for plot ideas isn't needed, but certainly welcome!

Plot Critique

Below is a form for a plot critique. But before we get to that, let me say a few things, including how I rate things.

1. If it's subject matter I am not comfortable with, I will PM you with an explanation. Sorry, but I have my limits (that are albeit hard to reach)
2. Critiques will be made public unless I am told otherwise. This is so we can learn!
3. This is just my personal beef on your plot. Take it with a grain of salt, if salt is applicable.

What I look for:
~A spark of creativity (it's not just another pack-war or Warrior cats RP)
YET
~It is not 100% foreign (or it has one heck of a good explanation)
~Enough flexibility for people to mess around a little bit (not all the characters will look the same)
~Originality

Anywhale, onto the form!

Code: Select all
Username:
RP name:
Forum genre (animals realistic, etc):
What species/types will be allowed:
What's the setting they are in:
What is the conflict:
A brief synopsis:
Any additional info:
Place an X after this colon if you do not want your critique made public:

Custom plots

Wat wat?!

Aye! That's right! Toss some ideas at me and I'll spit out a plot that I think will go well with what you give me!

This is free for two reasons. 1) it may take me some time to come up with something decent. 2) you may not like it. If you don't like it, I'll just put it in the FCFS plots

There are really no rules save for 1) use common sense and 2) nothing that violates Tess/CS RP rules

Here's the form:

Code: Select all
Username:
A few ideas for a title:
Ideas for species involved:
Ideas for setting:

Just give me a few what's and where's, and I'll give you a what, where, and why!

FCFS Plots

These are rejected custom plots, or plots that I come up with English class. I don't have time to make RPs out of them all, so I'm giving them to you!

If there's one you like, just say something to the effect of "I want FCFS plot #5!" and I'll PM it to you/remove it from the available list.

Some plots will be more original than others. Also, you can change the names. I just like naming stuff.

List of plots:

1. Rangers of the West
The outcasts of the more civilized Eastern America have gathered on the fringes of settled land, where coyotes still howl and buffalo still paw the turf to dust. They are the orphans and convicts, the stray and vicious dogs, and the untameable horses. They have banded up, but they have not closed themselves off. Instead, the humans mount the horses, and using the dogs as guides, they roam the uncharted west in search of those in need of an unlikely savoir. They are the west's vigilantes.

But a new threat has arisen. A group of these noble rangers have grown hard and split from their brethren. They rove in a vicious band, plundering and attacking the homes of those they perceive have wronged them. Can the true rangers save themselves from their kin, or will they fall?

2. Squadron 99
Squadron 99 is known as the "Mistake squad". They are a group of soldiers in a modern army who are misfits, and have been clumped into this hodgepodge band that is inevitably given the most dangerous tasks. Likewise, their K9s are misfit, relatively-undisciplined mutts.

But when a classified mission of great importance is given to them, will they rise to the call or live up to their name?

3. Thespionnage
Riverview High's Thespian troupe is just an ordinary theatre group struggling to put on an extraordinary play. There's the usual teenage drama and everyday messes.

But when stuff starts getting sabotaged around the theatre - a frayed curtain rope, a missing costume piece - it's up to the kids to turn into spies and catch the culprit before the show is sunk.

4. Street-rats
They live in the streets, forming gangs and taking odd jobs to make ends meet. They're the homeless youth of 1890s NYC, and they're a scruffy, shameless bunch. Yet they have a far greater treasure than even Boss Tweed: hearts of pure gold.

Oh, speaking of bosses, they're the only ones who can see that the political machines will harm their homes. By hook or by crook, it's up to them to right the wrongs in factory-era NYC.

5. Get Along, or else
(this plot can also work with "royalty" from different real-life countries, FYI. Maybe no war, but to keep peace)

In another dimension, war rages between the many species of Fantastical humanoids. Dwarves fight elves, lycans fight sprites, and dragonborn fight sirens.

At last, the elders of many of these species decided enough is enough. They called that a young male and a young female of each species, each of some kind of noble blood, be sent to a secluded palace to learn some diplomacy. It is hoped that they would be able to unify their tribes.

Of course, guards will accompany them.

But as romances and jealousies blossom, and old feuds persist, will they only help or harm their species' futures?
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me