help with plot development?

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

help with plot development?

Postby karambit » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:50 pm

so i have a few roleplay plots that i would like to develop a little more, just post some suggestions please! (also don't steal the ideas... (: )

idea 1;
atypical; a warrior cat rp. a clan of disabled cats with different roles from other clans. i thought that maybe the leader will always be an able-bodied cat, creating an ableist society which can cause civil war? all i really have heh

idea 2;
lead me to the forest; a fantasy human rp. humanoids and creatures that have been banished to earth and must survive and conform to human society. based off my demon character who was banished to earth for not being a 'true demon' and raised by a shape-shifter. not sure what else i could do to make it more interesting except the government finding out and wanting to yaknow get rid of em...

idea 3;
starfall; a group of teenagers wake up to find they are the only ones in their once alive city. either adventure or survival-nomad and there is something noticeably odd about the sky, especially the night sky. don't know where to go from there....

thank you for your ideas and suggestions! c:
bug, he/him, avatar by updog!
karambit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: help with plot development?

Postby Burrito Bunny » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:34 am

I'll toss a few ideas and tips around for you! ^^

1. Warriors RP
    this is an interesting idea. It's not often I see unique warrior rps. The biggest danger I see with this one is power playing and god modding on the behalf of the players. But, if done correctly, I think it could be fun.

You will need some sort spark to start the war though, and an environment that gives enough tension between the classes. I've been in rps before that just last the tension, so the war either doesn't happen, or it seems unrealistic that it would start. This means the leader and other able-body cats must be a little arrogant and act superior, or otherwise do something with clearly shows favoritism against the other cats in the clan. There could be a sub-plot though with a truly kind able bodied cat who is mislabeled busy the rest of the clan.

The thing which sparks the civil war could be something like, the deputy (always loyal and brave) gets wounded badly and becomes disabled (lame leg, blind eye, etc). The leader demotes the injured deputy in favor of a younger less experienced cat for what most in the clan would consider no reason. The deputy could be very insulted by the demotion, or perhaps the other disabled cats are upset because of how the situation looked, or some combination there of. That deputy could a have sub plot either being one if the leaders of revolution, or trying desperately to defuse the situation and later be accused of suding with the elitist cats.

Another option might be that the old deputy dies, and the leader must pick a new one. There seems to be only one obvious choice: a disabled cat who had contributed so much to the clan. However, out of no where, the leader picks one of the least experienced cats, but they are one of the few suitable cats who are able bodied.

2. Fantasy Human RP
    Having the government go after then is a good idea, but I think there are even more possibilities.

Why were they banished to earth? Would a vengeful group of demons want to hunt them down? Would a crazy demon king change his mind after they were already on earth, deciding that they should be killed instead? Perhaps some of the demons (creatures/whatever) want to conform into human society, while others want to terrorize their new neighbors, thus raising the suspicion of a government. Will the more peaceful ones try to stop them? Or feel betrayed when the humans become wary?

3. Empty City RP
    Perhaps provide some sort of quest starter? They find a sign that there may be life in a different city, but they need to get there? Or you could turn it into a pure survival story. Perhaps some sort of winged beast now flies in the sky, and they need to learn how to avoid it or fight it. The beast may even carry some sort of disease that infects those who get major wounds from it.

Just a couple quick ideas! Hopefully something will help you out. Or, at least get you thinking!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: help with plot development?

Postby karambit » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:43 pm

gosh, these are super helpful! thank you so much! c: i do like the whole idea about the deputy being injured and demoted to cause controversy. the leader would definitely be arrogant, as the other able-bodied cats, since they kinda deem themselves better as they're supposed to over watch the others, who i'm thinking may have been exiled from their previous clans for not being able to provide?? i'll try and flesh it out a little and hopefully i can start off with that rp lol
bug, he/him, avatar by updog!
karambit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me