Digitally Distinct: BBCoding Tutorial/Help Thread

Having trouble formatting your forum topic or signature? Buy or sell custom code here

Postby yinsum » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:39 am

@crabtree ... 'ere ya go! use the box template on the front pages

Code: Select all
    [left][size=80]┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓[/size]
    [right][size=80]│

│[/size][/right][right][img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ee/f7/1d/eef71d65cf3e5c0cbc20ace9e8cbc250.gif[/img][/right][size=80]│

│[/size]
    [size=80]┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛[/size][/left]
yinsum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Digitally Distinct: BBCoding Tutorial/Help Thread

Postby crabs! » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:44 am

@sekiuchi thank you! yeah, that probably would've been a good idea haha
𝐈𝐌 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘, 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐎𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓?

kayla ∙ she / they ∙ aquarius ∙ #1 natasha romanoff simp ©
crabs!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsar » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:38 pm

I have a question pertaining to image editing: I made the background of an image transparent, and it looks fine against a light background, but against the dark background I'll be displaying it with you can see white pixels around the edges. Is there an easy way to get rid of the white edges? Thanks in advance for any help~
Tsar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsukỉ » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:55 pm

Tsar wrote:I have a question pertaining to image editing: I made the background of an image transparent, and it looks fine against a light background, but against the dark background I'll be displaying it with you can see white pixels around the edges. Is there an easy way to get rid of the white edges? Thanks in advance for any help~

Personally, I'd just open an art program and manually erase the white pixels, or just find a better quality image.
Tsukỉ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caesou » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Tsar wrote:I have a question pertaining to image editing: I made the background of an image transparent, and it looks fine against a light background, but against the dark background I'll be displaying it with you can see white pixels around the edges. Is there an easy way to get rid of the white edges? Thanks in advance for any help~

i'm not sure how well this might work, but you could also select (with the magic wand) the transparent background, invert the selection and contract (or whatever the program might call it, it's the opposite of expand) a few pixels and then erase? make sure the wand thing is on anti-aliasing unless if you're working with a pixel-art kind of image.

if this fails, follow what artemis suggested or try something creative - like a white outline or glow around the image to hide the light pixels
Image Image ’゚ ・:*
─────────────────────────────────────────↪ destined to be a star !!──────

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

──────⭐︎──── ────⭐︎──────

x

hi, i'm caesou! (she/they)
demi-bisexual
i coded this myself!
x

─────────────────────────

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
────────────────────────────────────────.・。.・゜✫*゚・゚。.★ ’゚・:・.✫*゚・゚.・.★ ’・。.
██████████████████████████████████████████████
caesou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Digitally Distinct

Postby requiem, » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:20 am

hey could someone put this text -

thalia's parents were explorers. lovers of the great outdoors and nature. they were madly in love with each other, and their beloved daughter was the unique fruit of their love. both were shifters; her father a [url=https://cdn.thinglink.me/api/image/665159620959928321/1240/10/scaletowidth]blue jay[/url] and her mother a [url=https://www.hbw.com/sites/default/files/styles/ibc_1k/public/ibc/p/IMG_7320_White-browed_Sparrow-Weaver.jpg?itok=kDd_q0pB]sparrow[/url]. it was only natural that their offspring's shift form was also a bird, a barn owl to be precise. but their passion didn't last, as their winter expedition to a nearby cluster of mountains was their last. right on christmas day, a group of anti-shifters soldiers found the couple and mercilessly murdered them after they opposed slight resistance to being captured. ever since, thalia has hated the holiday season. a hole formed in her heart, and it's clotting with pressured rage and despair. she is therefore constantly battling to keep her anger under control. due to this, she is unsure of what to think of the humans. on the outside, this young lady is sassy and snarky, a constant pessimist who only finds joy in flying her worries away. her rare 'friends' are the few people able to support her annoying behavior, and despite appearances, she deeply cares about them. thalia doesn't like receiving orders from anyone who isn't alpha, beta or head of a rank. the only other adult she can accept warnings and punishments from is elena fair, who is sort of another mother for her (although she stubbornly denies it).

- inside the box of this code?

[center][img]http://txt-dynamic.cdn.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjg4LjI5MDAwMy5WR2hoYkdsaElFTmhiWEJpWld4cy4yAAAAAAAAAAAA/adlery-pro.swash.png[/img][/center][left][img]https://i.imgur.com/Z4u4acF.png[/img][/left][right][img]https://i.imgur.com/NFYSxGp.jpg[/img][/right][left][size=200]╒══════════════╕
      [center]│░░░░░░░░░░░░░░│[/center][/size][right][size=200]│

│[/size][/right][right][size=85][center][b][color=#400000]full name //[/color][/b] [i]thalia eva campbell[/i]
      [b][color=#400000]type //[/color][/b] [i]born shifter[/i] [color=transparent]xx[/color] [b][color=#400000]gender //[/color][/b] [i]cisfemale - bi[/i]
      [b][color=#400000]age //[/color][/b] [i]7 years young[/i] [color=transparent]xx[/color] [b][color=#400000]rank //[/color][/b] [i]untrained pup[/i]
      [b][color=#400000]crush //[/color][/b] [i]none[/i] [color=transparent]xx[/color] [b][color=#400000]friends //[/color][/b] [i]sage and elena fair[/i]
      [i]words words words words words words words wo
      words words words words words words words wo
      words words words words words words words wo[/i][/center][/size][/right][size=200]│

│[/size]
      [size=200][center]│░░░░░░░░░░░░░░│[/center]╘══════════════╛[/size][/left]

i tried doing it myself but failed miserably. feel free to remove the ░ borders. thanks a lot! ^^
requiem,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akhela » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:02 pm

can someone please link a website or any type of instructions on how
to create an effect on image like this :

i really have no clue on how to explain it, but when you scroll colors reflect?? ( and small dots )
can you tell i suck at explaining ?? how do you create this??

my monkey novio & me
in the chicken smoothie universe
together always <3

- akhela

free sigs here | ask me for a gift ♡
akhela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsukỉ » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:12 pm

hijax wrote:
can someone please link a website or any type of instructions on how
to create an effect on image like this :

It's not an effect, those are icon overlays.

Like :

ImageImage

If you want to make one yourself, open a pixel art program and 'dither' the whole canvas.

snowbelle. wrote:hey could someone put this text -

It doesn't work for me because the images on the side are too big, however, the text fits inside. I'd crop the images, but Idk if you use a Windows or something, because some Windows computers have bigger dimensions than Macbooks.

[center][img]http://txt-dynamic.cdn.1001fonts.net/txt/dHRmLjg4LjI5MDAwMy5WR2hoYkdsaElFTmhiWEJpWld4cy4yAAAAAAAAAAAA/adlery-pro.swash.png[/img][/center][left][img]https://i.imgur.com/Z4u4acF.png[/img][/left][right][img]https://i.imgur.com/NFYSxGp.jpg[/img][/right][left][size=190][center]╒══════════════╕
│░░░░░░░░░░░░░░│[/center][/size][right][size=190]│

│[/size][/right][right][size=70][center][b][color=#400000]full name //[/color][/b] [i]thalia eva campbell[/i]
[b][color=#400000]type //[/color][/b] [i]born shifter[/i] [color=transparent]xx[/color] [b][color=#400000]gender //[/color][/b] [i]cisfemale - bi[/i]
[b][color=#400000]age //[/color][/b] [i]7 years young[/i] [color=transparent]xx[/color] [b][color=#400000]rank //[/color][/b] [i]untrained pup[/i]
[b][color=#400000]crush //[/color][/b] [i]none[/i] [color=transparent]xx[/color] [b][color=#400000]friends //[/color][/b] [i]sage and elena fair[/i]
[i]
thalia's parents were explorers. lovers of the gre
at outdoors and nature. they were madly in love
with each other, and their beloved daughter was
the unique fruit of their love. both were shifters;
her father a [url=https://cdn.thinglink.me/api/image/665159620959928321/1240/10/scaletowidth]blue jay[/url] and her mother a [url=https://www.hbw.com/sites/default/files/styles/ibc_1k/public/ibc/p/IMG_7320_White-browed_Sparrow-Weaver.jpg?itok=kDd_q0pB]sparrow[/url].
 it was only natural that their offspring's shift for
m was also a bird, a barn owl to be precise. but
their passion didn't last, as their winter expeditio
n to a nearby cluster of mountains was their last.
right on christmas day, a group of anti-shifters sol
diers found the couple and mercilessly murdered t
hem after they opposed slight resistance to being
captured. ever since, thalia has hated the holiday
season. a hole formed in her heart, and it's clotti
ng with pressured rage and despair. she is therefo
re constantly battling to keep her anger under co
ntrol. due to this, she is unsure of what to think o
f the humans. on the outside, this young lady is sa
ssy and snarky, a constant pessimist who only find
s joy in flying her worries away. her rare 'friends'
are the few people able to support her annoying b
ehavior, and despite appearances, she deeply car
es about them. thalia doesn't like receiving orders
from anyone who isn't alpha, beta or head of a ra
nk. the only other adult she can accept warnings
and punishments from is elena fair, who is sort of
another mother for her (although she stubbornly d
enies it).[/i][/center][/size][/right][size=190]│

│[/size]
[size=190][center]│░░░░░░░░░░░░░░│
╘══════════════╛[/center][/size][/left]
Tsukỉ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsar » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:28 pm

Artemỉs wrote:
      Personally, I'd just open an art program and manually erase the white pixels, or just find a better quality image.

I started to do it that way, but erasing only the white pixels without making the edges look grainy proved to be tedious... I might end up having to finish doing it that way though...

caesou wrote:
    i'm not sure how well this might work, but you could also select (with the magic wand) the transparent background, invert the selection and contract (or whatever the program might call it, it's the opposite of expand) a few pixels and then erase? make sure the wand thing is on anti-aliasing unless if you're working with a pixel-art kind of image.

if this fails, follow what artemis suggested or try something creative - like a white outline or glow around the image to hide the light pixels

Hm, I'm not sure if there's a way to do the first procedure you described with the program I'm using, but a white glow around the image is a good idea! I'll try that, thanks~
Tsar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tsukỉ » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:41 pm

Tsar wrote:
Artemỉs wrote:

I started to do it that way, but erasing only the white pixels without making the edges look grainy proved to be tedious... I might end up having to finish doing it that way though...

You could airbrush? For example, click the transparent color option (if there is one) and click the airbrush tool. Then the 'eraser' would be soft and wouldn't make the erased corners grainy. :3

════
━ ━ ━ ━
━ ━ ━ ━
━ ━ ━ ━
Hello my
name is
Tsuki or
Akarin~
I like ma
-king sig
natures!
+genshin